UESP Editor link : Rabid Wyvern
This build is part of my "Rabid" serie of StamDK builds.
It's a serie of builds designed to be achievable on one character, allowing to freely swap playstyles depending on the mood or the activity without resetting skills, attributes and CPs.
Other variations :
Rabid Wolf (PvE DPS 2H/Bow)
Rabid Fox (PvE DPS DW/Bow)
Rabid Coyote (PvE DPS SnB/Bow)
Rabid Dragon (Non-CP PvP SnB/2H)
This build is intended as a vMA-only build. It is the build I was using during my first completion of vMA ever (and people say StamDK is supposedly the hardest class to complete vMA with...).
Weapon 1: Two Handed
Brawler / Critical Rush or Reflective Plate / Venomous Claw / Rally / Resolving Vigor // Flawless Dawnbreaker
Weapon 2: Bow
Poison Injection / Endless Hail / Razor Caltrops / Noxious Breath / Molten Armaments // Corrosive Armor
GEAR AND ITEM SET INFO
5 Pieces Briarheart (Overland set - Wrothgar)
5 Pieces Vicious Serpent (Trial set - any Craglorn trials)
2 Pieces Infernal Guardian (Monster set - City of Ash I vet & Glirion the Redbeard's chest)
Berserker Glyph (Okori)
Poison Damage Glyph
I don't like to include Trial sets in my builds, but for vMA completion on a stamina character, Vicious Serpent is so helpful it is worth the grind.
You don't need purple/gold jewelry to be efficient here, you can farm normal Trials for blue jewelry.
I really like Infernal Guardian for vMA. We use Brawler a lot to attack and shield us, so it will almost always proc on cooldown. You don't have to bother tagreting with it, the damage is very good, often enough to finish a mob on its own. The extra magicka also help us with skills like Reflective Plate.
Concerning what gear to use into which slot, it really depends on what you can loot first.
It doesn't matter if your heavy piece is the helmet or the shoulder. They both have the same armor value.
For the weapons :
- You have a vMA/Master bow, then you need to get Briarheart melee weapon ; or
- You don't have a vMA/Master bow, then it's doesn't matter which set are both melee and bow (but needs to be the same).
22 August 2018 update : Published the build on Tamriel Foundry.
There's no point in parsing a vMA build. Most of the success depends on mechanics and spawn knowledge.
In stage 7 (Vault of Umbrage) and 9 (Theatre of Despair), you should use Reflective Plate instead of Critical Rush. It is more important to shield yourself against the strong ranged attacks rather than closing the gap quickly. The reflected attacks also deal a good amount of damage to the ennemy.
Orc > Khajiit > Redguard > Imperial > Any other races
I'm playing as a Nord, because roleplay. Redguard isn't the best race for this specific stamina build, because we have no need of extra sustain due to the use of heavy attacks.
Blue Max Health+Max Stamina food
The Lover (Increased Penetration)
Ardent Flame (All), Draconic Power (All), Earthen Heart (All)
Medium Armor (Dexterity, Wind Walker, Agility, Athletics, Heavy Armor (Resolve, Constitution, Juggernaut)
Bow (All), Two Handed (All)
Fighter’s Guild (Intimidating Presence, Slayer, Banish the Wicked, Skilled Tracker), Undaunted (All)
Alchemy (Medicinal Use)
There's no rotation for a vMA build. You have to understand your skills and use the right one at the right moment. Use preferably heavy attacks, for the sustain.
- Brawler : Your main spammable, will shield you, bleed the ennemy and proc your monster set.
- Critical Rush : Your gap closer, usefull on most stages to move around quickly.
- Venomous Claw : Very strong DoT, allowing to let a mob die on it while you move on to the next.
- Rally : Major Brutality, heal overtime and burst heal at the end. You can get the burst heal anytime by recasting it again, however the longer the skill last, the stronger the heal.
- Resolving Vigor : Your main heal, don't spam it, you would waste stamina, it is fully effective during 6 seconds. If you still die while it was active it is not because you should have spammed it, it is because you didn't dodge a dangerous attack or mechanic.
- Flawless Dawnbreaker : It is slotted for the passive bonus, but you can use it it you don't have enough ultimate for corrosive armor and you desperatly need ressources back or the boss is about to die.
- Poison Injection : Strong DoT, also acting as an execute.
- Endless Hail : Best stamina DoT in the game.
- Razor Clatrops : Good DoT and crowd control, to keep mobs in the endless hail AoE.
- Noxious Breath : A big help to DPS, applying conal AoE Major Fracture.
- Molten Armaments : Since it is required to use heavy attacks, this will help a lot with the damage.
- Corrosive Armor : Your main ultimate. God-mode. Save it for any critical moments. Very useful to learn the Maestrom Arena. In stage 9 (Theatre of Despair) save it for Crematorial Guards if you miss a gold ghost and can't stun them.
As you progress through the game and get more gold and better performance, you can consider the following.
If you use the following potions :
Weapon Power Potions
Wormwood / Water Hyacinth
It will improve your critical rating and Major Endurance uptime.
A Maelstrom bow (or Master bow, in a lesser extend) will of course be a big boost to your damage output. In that case make sur you have it Infused, and use a Sunderflame (heavy attacks on frontbar) or Viper's Sting (melee attacks on frontbar) greatsword, to keep the 5 pieces bonus from Hunding's Rage.
Valkyn Skoria (Monster set - City of Ash 2 vet & Glirion the Redbeard's chest) can be a good alternative to Infernal Guardian, but it will only attack mobs you have a DOT on.
CHAMPION POINT TIPS
56 Mighty, 44 Thaumaturge, 56 Precise Strikes, 29 Piercing
9 Physical Weapon Expert, 66 Master-At-Arms
100 Tenacity, 49 Mooncalf
47 Shadow Ward, 47 Tumbling
49 Hardy, 49 Elemental Defender, 48 Thick Skinned
81 Ironclad, 33 Spell Shield
27 Mighty, 31 Thaumaturge, 23 Precise Strikes, 19 Piercing
49 Tenacity, 49 Mooncalf
23 Hardy, 23 Elemental Defender, 23 Thick Skinned
I'm continuously trying to update and improve my builds, so any suggestion or idea is more than welcome. This build will certainly not get you high in the leaderboard, but it's a very forgiving build, good to learn vMA.