We already have a character help thread (for out-of-character purposes) in the other forums, so I thought it would be viable to have one here, for people to perhaps share areas of their characters that they want constructive criticism and feedback on. Also, any lore questions specifically to do with your character development can be asked here - saves you making a thread in the Lore Library for every query. However, this does not mean you can get others to write your backstory for you! Your character is your own, so only come here with genuine questions after you've spent some time working on something yourself. I have included some links at the bottom of this post with some lore help, which should hopefully give people an idea of where to start from.
Examples of questions:
- Is this name suitable for this particular race/era/for ES?
- Would it be realistic for my character to have this in their backstory?
- I'd like this to be a part of my character, but I'm worried that it is too unoriginal/is so original it might break lore?
- I would just like some feedback on this part of my character before I make it canon!
- This is my first time roleplaying and I'd just like some guidance in character development...welp
- I've realised my backstory is pretty unrealistic when I did some lore research. Is there any way around this without having to completely re-write my character?
- Elder Scrolls Roleplay - Backstories
- Roleplay Guide
- The "Help Me Create My Character" Thread (not for roleplay help, but has good information on races etc)
- Redguard Lore Links
- The Imperial Library
- Become Lore Informed
- Orsimer Clans, Strongholds and Orsinium
- Daggerfall Race Lore - Orsimer, Redguard & Breton