The Focused Sorcerer - No-Pet Non-Asylum PvE Build

Why a no-pet build?

Some people don’t like pets, but more-so, even if you do like pets, sometimes pets are not viable. In many trials, pets just simply die from too much ground damage. When a pet dies, it takes a loooooooong time to get back up and running with a huge DPS loss.

Why a no-Asylum build?

Most people don't have a Perfected Staff, if you do, Gratz,... slot it and enjoy the DPS increase, but if you don't this is a viable build as well.

Attributes - All into magicka

Food - Blue Health and Magicka food. — I tested the regen foods and found them not only more expensive to make but also nothing really gained from it and more problematic than helpful. Switching one or two jewelry pieces to magicka regen is enough to self sustain the rotation and I don’t get better DPS from the regen food. Then if you get elemental drain or worm or orbs, you’ll have no magicka problems at all. This will also allow you to easily switch back and forth from pet to no-pet build, (if you do that sort of thing), simply by changing skills and one or two jewelry pieces. No health issues or enchants to worry about.

Mundus - Apprentice Mundus, (Lover Mundus if you’re doing a solo build and not in a group support, such as vMA)

Important stats: Shoot for 8kish spell pen for group build - 12kish for solo build

Potions: Essence of Spell Power - absolutely necessary for both damage and sustain. You’ll be using lots of these so stock up!

Gear: 5pc Scathing Mage (or Julianos) - 2pc Illambris (heavy and med) - 4pc Infal Aether (3 jewelry 1 inferno staff) - 1pc vMA Lightning Staff

Skills:

Infal Flame Staff (Flame Enchant Infused):

Force Pulse - Crystal Frags - Innerlight - Bound Aegis - Mage's Wrath - Ulti: Shooting Star

vMA Lighting Staff (Shock Enchant Infused):

Elemental Blockade - Liquid Lightning - Haunting Curse - Shield - Bound Aegis - Ulti: Destro Ult (the one that doesn't follow you around)

Blue Champion Points:

Thaumatuge: 75

Master-At-Arms: 37

Elemental Expert: 43

Elfborn: 40

Spell Erosion: 35

Rotation:

Destro Ultimate and Potions on cool down.

Basic Rotation when boss is above 20% health:

(First time only-don’t repeat) EB -> LA -> LL -> LA -> Curse -> Bar Swap

FP/CF (if proc) x3 -> Bar Swap

HA -> EB -> LA -> LL -> Bar Swap

FP/CF (if proc) x3 -> Bar Swap

HA -> Curse -> LA -> EB -> LA -> LL -> Bar Swap

(REPEAT)

Rotation when boss is below 20% health:

(First don’t repeat) EB -> LA -> LL -> LA -> Curse -> Bar Swap

Mage’s Wrath x4 -> Bar Swap

HA -> EB -> LA -> LL -> Bar Swap

Mage’s Wrath x4 -> Bar Swap

HA -> Curse -> LA -> EB -> LA -> LL -> Bar Swap

(REPEAT)

Sustain: Change out your jewelry enchants from spell damage to magicka recovery. Self sustain without any help (even elemental drain) can do it with two recovery glyphs. With group help such as worm, elemental drain, orbs etc... you can just slot one or even none magicka recovery. I have double rings in my inventory and switch them out depending on what i'm doing. But with a Heavy Attack with each bar swap, you can use blue food, not worry about health issues and just switch out your jewelry as needed.

Parse: This is with 8k pen unbuffed, group build, no Lover or spell pen cheese -- (also more to come soon, i'm just getting started with this build)

Parse: This is with Spell Pen CHEESE with Asylum Staff, Lover mundus and spell pen buffed up, for SOLO only. Such as Maelstrom Arena. -- Also to show off a bit what a no-pet build can do :)

About JKith:

JKith hasn't shared anything about themselves.

JohnS

The magicka reg/s is pretty low in the parse... Do you have Ele drain applied or any recovery jewelry?

JKith

Contributor230 Posts
    JohnS wrote on December 25, 2017

The magicka reg/s is pretty low in the parse… Do you have Ele drain applied or any recovery jewelry?

No, I don’t apply elemental drain on my parses. I make it a point to be able to sustain a 3mil without it, gives me a more real life sense of the sustain the build will have, if I wasn’t able to sustain a 3mil I wouldn’t feel confident brining it into a trial or dungeon, but that’s just me - This is with blue food and 1 Regen glyph on jewelry btw.— do not have any sustain issues in group.

- The White Mage Oramago

”The elements that permeate all living things is the elemental source of my power.”

LowDPS

Do we need gold/epic trial jewerry in this setup,i just have blue trial ring and neck

MisterDMC

38k with no Ele drain?  Impressive work!

JKith

Contributor230 Posts
    LowDPS wrote on December 26, 2017

Luckily the 3pc bonus of Minor Slayer doesn’t change from blue to gold and you could put gold enchants on as well so the difference will be there but won’t be that huge. The blue jewelry will serve you well until you get purple and gold, but I would certainly plan on farming the purple and gold.

- The White Mage Oramago

JohnS

Can you post a screenshot of the debuff uptimes so I can compare it with my parses?

Also, you should try using an imperfect asylum inferno staff. It will give you more uptime on status effects, and possibly provide more uptime for Scathing Mage.

I've tested the IA inferno vs. Asylum imperfect inferno in my build, and the results were always in favor of the Asylum staff. An important note here is that damage from multiple sources of the burning status effect stack, so it's always going to be viable for group play.

JKith

Contributor230 Posts

Here are the three staffs.

- The White Mage Oramago

JKith

Contributor230 Posts

Here's some other viable 5pc sets. Below is exactly the same just switched out the Scathing Mage 5pc for the following:

Julianos:

Mad Tinkerer:

Burning Spell Weave:

- The White Mage Oramago

Valrien

Aren't your staves backwards? I thought you wanted main bar lightning staff and back-bar fire staff?

Characters: Valrien Dravic (Dunmer Magicka Sorcerer)

Scores: vMA (499,956) (Probably Null Now)

JKith

Contributor230 Posts

Elemental Blockade should be the lightning staff, if that's what you mean. Otherwise, if main staff is on slot 2 or 1, it's just arbitrary.

- The White Mage Oramago

Valrien

JKith wrote on January 5, 2018

Elemental Blockade should be the lightning staff, if that’s what you mean. Otherwise, if main staff is on slot 2 or 1, it’s just arbitrary.

Why Lightning Blockade over Fire Blockade?

Characters: Valrien Dravic (Dunmer Magicka Sorcerer)

Scores: vMA (499,956) (Probably Null Now)

JKith

Contributor230 Posts

Several reasons,.. to name a few, Sorcs have the Energized passive, increasing shock damage by 5%, also the implosion passive, when target is below 15% health any shock damage can proc the implosion passive dealing a burst of extra damage, (like a built in mini execute) — shock Elemental Blockade sets concused enemies off balance,.....

- The White Mage Oramago

LowDPS

sorry for my stupid question,but can u make a high ping build,for me my ping is always 300,i still practive many time in many build,but they are same results,dps always is 20~22k,it is too low for a vet trial group

now i feel so bored and dont play the game in long time,

in some vet dungeon hard mode,people clam dps low and some group kick me,@@,i am max cp ,but still noob,the ping takes me down @

Valrien

JKith wrote on January 8, 2018

Ah, I see. Most of the tanks I've seen usually have the lightning staff for the off balance boost so I figured it would be better to get the AoE boost from having the lightning staff on your main bar and the burning proc from a fire staff on your backbar.

Characters: Valrien Dravic (Dunmer Magicka Sorcerer)

Scores: vMA (499,956) (Probably Null Now)

JKith

Contributor230 Posts
    LowDPS wrote on January 9, 2018

now i feel so bored and dont play the game in long time,

My ping is actually in the 210 range with spikes that go higher and very rarely 180ish, so it's not the best. -- I found slowing down your rotation just a hair helps with high ping. You should still be able to get 30k+ with a 250-300 ping. Once you have the correct setup, I would train on a test dummy to make sure you're executing the rotation correctly. I literally practice for hours on a test dummy to learn and master the timings of the rotation, before going live with it, which is a huge dps boost, so that way it's completely ingrained in your memory when playing live.

- The White Mage Oramago

kinettic29

Havw you tested scathing vs julionos on a group parse? in my guild the sorcs say the diiference is very noticable but in solo not so much. Scathing id spearently ahead from what ive been told from them by a good amount.

JKith

Contributor230 Posts

I have not,.. I've only tested the sets solo.

- The White Mage Oramago

TarmoRhox

Why inferno staff on front bar? Aren't LL and EB take bigger part in our DPS then FP/Frag. What do you think about lightning staff on main bar?

Did you try master staff on front bar with Clench replacing Curse (and placing clench on front bar will add extra possibility to proc frags on recast). With master staff Clench is a bit better than Curse DPS-wise and its cost less so it is possible to HA a bit less during rotation.

Tabatta

Nice build :) did you try putting haunting curse on frontbar instead of execute ? I think it would do more damage cause the curse takes the damage of the bar on which it's casted but not sure how it would compare to the loss of damage on execute.

JKith

Contributor230 Posts
    Tabatta wrote on January 19, 2018

Nice build did you try putting haunting curse on frontbar instead of execute ? I think it would do more damage cause the curse takes the damage of the bar on which it’s casted but not sure how it would compare to the loss of damage on execute.

There is a big difference in Mage's Wrath putting it on the lightining bar. It hits for significantly more on the fire staff.

- The White Mage Oramago