Reliever Healplar Build PvE – Vanady Y

Won't be updated, check out my Youtube and Twitch for more content.

Updated for Summerset Expansion

Introduction

I decided to make a thread about a PvE templar healer build because people have asked for it. This build is especially made for trials (end game content) but you are able to heal every content with this too. You will also find some suggestions for beginners and 4-men-content.

I am a member of the Hodor guild and always playing healer. We have several world first's and number one scores in ESO.

Keep in mind that I change things often (cps, skills, gear, attribute points) depending on what trial we are on and what goal we have (speed run, no death, HM, etc.). But still you see the main idea of this build. As a healer it is important to use supporter sets and skills, which benefit the whole group.

1. Race

2. Gear

3. Skills

4. Attribute Points

5. Mundus Stone

6. Champion Points

7. Food, Drink / Potion

8. Passives

9. Stats

10. Build Video (my YouTube and Twitch channel)

30/08/2016 - SotH DLC

1. Race

High Elf (recommended)

Breton

Argonian

Dunmer

2. Gear

Finally we get a very good healer set, Olorime, which replaces Spellpower Cure. This is our new main set. Beside that we have some other good ones like Mending, Worm Cult, Infallible Aether, Sanctuary, Master Architect, Jorvuld's Guidance, Twilight Remedy and Spellpower Cure. Between those you switch to whatever benefits the group more. For vDSA and other 4-men-content I usually use Master Architect combined with Olorime and Earthgore or even Valkyn to increase damage.

- if you feel like having too much or too little resources, you can put on different glyphs on jewels

- if you have dds using blockade of storms, you don't neccessarily need charged shock staff

Olorime is the main set now and a must have (same buff as Spellpower Cure). It increases the damage of everyone in group when using a ground based ability, called Major Courage. There are perfected (veteran mode) and non perfected (normal mode) pieces. In some fights one Olorime is enough, so the other healer choses from the sets I just mentioned before.

Dropping in Cloudrest (golden jewels only in vet).

Mending is very useful, it reduces damage of all enemies. The incoming damage is reduced a lot.

Dropping in Aetherian Archive (golden jewels only in vet).

Earthgore is a good healer monster set. It heals for a huge amount and removes aoe of the enemy.

Here is a different setup in case you do not have all those sets above yet. Kagrenac's and Torug's are craftable, Willpower you find in Imperial City and also purchasable in trading guilds.

3. Skill

Main Bar

Breath of Life: Immediate, strong heal.

Healing Springs: Great aoe healing skill. Also restores magicka to you and is very cheap.

Inner Light: Increases your max magicka by 7%.

Mystic Orb/Energy Orb: Restores either stamina or magicka to one person when synergised (share the same cooldown as spears/shards). Doesn't matter what morph you use.

Combat Prayer: Important skill. Grants 6 group members minor berserk, increasing damage. Keep it up!

Shooting Star/Reviving Barrier/Nova: Only for the passives from Mages Guild skill line or Support skill line. Nova for reduced inc dmg. We mainly use the Ultimate on second bar.

Off Bar

Blockade of Storms: Good damage skill and applies minor vulnerability.

Luminous Shards: Damage skill and when someone synergizes, they will restore their stamina and magicka.

Ritual of Retribution/Extended Ritual: Ritual cleanses effects from you and allies, heals and does damage.

Elemental Drain: Elemental drain restores magicka and reduces spell resistance of enemies, it should never run out on bosses. Keep it up on trash too.

Channeled Focus: Restores magicka and increases resistance.

Aggressive Horn: Must have for a healer. This is your main ultimate and has to be up all the time. It increases the crit strike damage, and max health, magicka and stamina.

VERY IMPORTANT: Keep up buffs/debuffs, support group members with resources (shards, orbs, drain, etc.), only heal if there is incoming damage, do not overheal.

Other useful skills

I will list some other useful skills, depending on the situation and what the other healer has slotted. Sometimes it is enough if one healer is using a certain skill (elemental drain for example). Make sure that at least one person in the group uses a dawn's wrath ability to keep up minor sorcery, if not a dd, then a healer.

Radiant Oppression: Good damage skill and also nice for vDSA or other 4-men-content.

Puncturing Sweeps: Does melee damage, good for vDSA or other 4-men-content, not trials.

Harness Magicka: Shield which absorbs damage and gives magicka back.

Ward Ally/Healing Ward: Shield which absorbs damage and heals, also for another person in group.

Efficient Purge: Purge is important for some fights cause of the DoTs you have to cleanse (vAS, vHoF...). If you do not need it, slot whatever you like.

Mutagen/Rapid Regeneration: Healing over time effect and cleanses.

Reflective Light: Does range damage (and keeps up minor sorcery).

Power of the Light: Reduces armor of enemies and does damage (and keeps up minor sorcery).

Purifying Light: Does damage and heals (and keeps up minor sorcery).

Radiant Aura: Applies minor magickasteal in aoe (just like elemental drain in single target), though does not debuff enemy.

Repentance: Restores your stamina and heals group members (since morrowind it only restores YOUR stamina).

4. Attribute Points

64 into magicka.

5. Mundus Stone

Atronach mundus to increase magicka regeneration.

6. Champion Points

Ironclad 66

Spell Shield 52

Thick Skinned 56

Hardy 27

Elemental Defender 49

7. Potion / Food, Drink

Witchmother is a bit weaker than the Clockwork food but way cheaper. So if you don't want to use your money on Clockwork food, then use Witchmother's.

8. Passives

Following skill line passives you need for this build:

Aedric Spear, Dawn's Wrath, Restoring Light, Destruction Staff, Restoration Staff, Light Armor, Fighters Guild (Intimidating Presence, Banish the Wicked), Mages Guild, Undaunted, Support, Racial, Alchemy (Medicinal Use), Provisioning (Gourmand, Connoisseur).

9. Stats

Stats buffed with Channeled Focus, Combat Prayer, Olorime and Potion. Wearing Olorime, Mending and Earthgore.

coming soon...

10. My YouTube and Twitch Channel

Build video to this guide (Dragon Bones DLC): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2j9f4_a6PCI

Check out my YouTube and Twitch channel.

About VanaEvr:

Guilds:

Hodor / Exterminatus / Aurora Avalonis / Arkays Zirkel

Characters:

Vanady Y - Templar Healer / Vaine Evr - Magicka NB / Va'shjra Yaz - Stamina DK / Vasorcys - Magicka Sorc / Vanaya Evr - Warden Healer

kwin

I was lacking a good healer build to share with my friends thanks a lot ;)

also, for vDSA do you keep 100pt in blessed? I mean... Isn't it better for small group to help more with improving your own damage rather than focus on strong heal?

VanaEvr

kwin wrote on August 30, 2016

I was lacking a good healer build to share with my friends thanks a lot

also, for vDSA do you keep 100pt in blessed? I mean… Isn’t it better for small group to help more with improving your own damage rather than focus on strong heal?

You're welcome. = ) Yes you can definitely put some CPs in elemental expert or even enchant the jewels with spell dmg glyphs.

Guilds: Hodor / Exterminatus / Aurora Avalonis

Vanady Y – Templar – High Elf / Vaine Evr – NB – Dark Elf / Va’shjra Yaz – DK – Khajiit / Vasorcys Sorceress – Breton / Vanaya Evr – Warden – High Elf

Some interesting information here, thanks for sharing.

On Harness Magicka, its damage shield actually absorbs all damage. But only returns the magicka through absorbed spells.

You referred to the possibility of dropping Inner Light from the mainbar for something else, under what circumstances would you deem this to be a necessary move?

Gam3sta09

Hey Vanady,

Couple questions, would it be better to wear a heavy monster shoulder or helm and get the 3% extra magicka and health from "undaunted mettle", as well as the passive for extra health from the heavy armor skill line, over running the Master's Resto and Destro? Also, I noticed you'e running Nova, would it be sufficient to slot Meteor on your bar that has Inner Light to get the extra magicka from the Mages guild passive and then put Aggressive Warhorn on your other bar (only take Nova off when you don't need the mitigation)?

Is running vampire on a healer beneficial? The only reason I ask, is because the added regen you get from the passive can be turned into more spell damage (if you decide to enchant all jewelry with spell damage enchants) or you can decide to keep the extra regen that it gives you (vampires got a pretty substantial boost in past patches).

Why Atro as your mundus stone? I thought crit healing in PvE was the way to go, would it be more beneficial to run Thief mundus stone?

Finally, you mention the other healer running Mutagen? In what situations would you use Mutagen? I only question it because it only goes to 2 people upon cast, requiring you to cast it 6 times to hit the whole group?

Thanks in advance for your time and I have much respect for your healing,

-Gam3sta09

VanaEvr

Latin wrote on August 30, 2016

Some interesting information here, thanks for sharing.

You're welcome and thx for input. ^^

It's possible to drop inner light if you get the stats somewhere else back. I once dropped it for a shield, but else I always leave it there.

Guilds: Hodor / Exterminatus / Aurora Avalonis

VanaEvr

Gam3sta09 wrote on August 30, 2016

Hey Vanady,

Couple questions, would it be better to wear a heavy monster shoulder or helm and get the 3% extra magicka and health from “undaunted mettle”, as well as the passive for extra health from the heavy armor skill line, over running the Master’s Resto and Destro? Also, I noticed you’e running Nova, would it be sufficient to slot Meteor on your bar that has Inner Light to get the extra magicka from the Mages guild passive and then put Aggressive Warhorn on your other bar (only take Nova off when you don’t need the mitigation)?

Thanks in advance for your time and I have much respect for your healing,

-Gam3sta09

This reply was modified 16 minutes ago by Gam3sta09.

Hello there and thx for your kind words! = )

It would be nice to have the undaunted passives but master weapons are just too strong. As I wrote above, another possibility is to wear for example 1x kena heavy and the set weapons, also gives you more resistance (I run around with 7 light, means almost no resistance...) But I prefer the version with master weapons.

You should have enough magicka with this build. When you run a lot of veteran trials and hardmodes (what I do), it's good to slot nova. The thing is, if you don't need damage mitigation you use warhorn anyway.

As a vampire you take more damage at a certain stage, and with 7 light you don't have a lot of resistance. Main reason I never tried it out is that I'm too lazy to feed all the time. xD But I think stages now last longer so maybe worth a try.

I like to have the increased magicka regen with atronach, my healing done is strong enough like this.

If you use mutagen, you need to cast it several times yes. If you know there is a lot of damage inc you could use it just before that to have extra healing. I rarely use it though.

Guilds: Hodor / Exterminatus / Aurora Avalonis

Gam3sta09

Thank you for answering my questions. Looks like I have a lot of VDSA to run :) in your PVP post, you posted your stats for your healer build, will you be updating this thread with your stats sheet for PvE?

-Gam3sta09

VanaEvr

Gam3sta09 wrote on August 30, 2016

Thank you for answering my questions. Looks like I have a lot of VDSA to run in your PVP post, you posted your stats for your healer build, will you be updating this thread with your stats sheet for PvE?

-Gam3sta09

You're welcome. Good luck with farming master weapons, will be faster now since you can trade within group. ^^

I didn't post the stats because as I mentioned in the post, I change things often so do the stats then. But if it helps, I can add it.

Guilds: Hodor / Exterminatus / Aurora Avalonis

Gam3sta09

Yeah it would help a lot I think. I have Worm/SPC, Aether/SPC and Twilight/SPC and I would love to see a stat sheet to compare any 1 of these 3 combinations to my own. I know stats will change based on the gear setup and amount of skills we use, but maybe it could give me an example of where my stats should sit.

-Gam3sta09

MesutUS

Nice build again. I'm using same gear (difference: divines pieces, precise master staves and thief mundus) and skills, its great!

VanaEvr

MesutUS wrote on August 30, 2016

Nice build again. I’m using same gear (difference: divines pieces, precise master staves and thief mundus) and skills, its great!

This reply was modified 9 hours, 33 minutes ago by MesutUS.

Thank you. I only have master resto infused atm. Still waiting for a precise one. ^^

Guilds: Hodor / Exterminatus / Aurora Avalonis

Salarial

I use a similar setup as yours. So I had the same problem with life. But I found another possibility instead of puting the attribute points into life.

You can get additional life by glyphs or attribute points. But with life glyphs you have a lack of the same amount of magika. So I tried to use Hakeijo Runes with three stats. I still have the same amount of magika I'm missing but I get free stamina.

Here we go: with attribute points we have 14 Points into Life so we have 1708 more life and loose 1554 Magika

With three Hakeijo Runes on infused big equip parts I loose 3123-1560= 1563 Magika and get 1726 life and 1560 stamina. So I loose not much when I compare it with the attribute build but I win free stamina. When you dont want to have so much life you can just use two parts or two big and one small one.

I like to have a bit stamina for dodge rolls etc. and since I miss the undaunted passives I use this option.

I hope you understand what I want to say my english is awful. ^^‘‘

Eclips3e

Hey Vana! I'm still pretty new to this game but this is a build I'm definitely going to follow when I get into end game. Now do you have any tips on early leveling or possibly a leveling build to transition to this build??

P.S.: What passives do I get also?

Thanks for your time!

VanaEvr

Salarial wrote on September 13, 2016

You can get additional life by glyphs or attribute points. But with life glyphs you have a lack of the same amount of magika. So I tried to use Hakeijo Runes with three stats. I still have the same amount of magika I’m missing but I get free stamina.

I hope you understand what I want to say my english is awful. ^^‘‘

This is interesting, never thought of that, thanks for the suggestion. I will definitely check it out asap and give a feedback.

It's good to have more stamina yes, also for power of the light which is a stamina skill for example.

Your english is just fine, I understood everything. ^^

Guilds: Hodor / Exterminatus / Aurora Avalonis

VanaEvr

Eclips3e wrote on September 13, 2016

Hey Vana! I’m still pretty new to this game but this is a build I’m definitely going to follow when I get into end game. Now do you have any tips on early leveling or possibly a leveling build to transition to this build??

P.S.: What passives do I get also?

Thanks for your time!

This reply was modified 5 hours, 40 minutes ago by Eclips3e.

Hello Eclips3e! For leveling you can use 5x Seducer or Magnu's Gift and Torug's Pact, all are craftable. You definitely need Puncturing Sweep (Puncturing Strikes), Breath of Life (Rushed Ceremony), Radiant Opression (Radian Destruction). On other slots you put skill which need to be lvled up.

I give you some other tips in case you didn't consider that already:

- make sure to lvl up ALL skills (class, weapons, armor or other skill lines too), always slot one skill from one tree even if you don't use it right now

- make sure to lvl up light, medium and heavy armor skill line (at least always wear one piece of every weight)

When you have enough skill points, you should get all passives (racial, class, armor, restoration and destruction skill lines are most important in the beginning for a healer).

If you are on PC EU feel free to ask in game aswell. Good luck on your way through Tamriel. ^^

Guilds: Hodor / Exterminatus / Aurora Avalonis

Nofbon.

Great write up, looks like a good build!

Just curious, why no major mending? Wouldn't it be better to ditch inner light or Radiant Oppression for the 25% increased healing?

Sure you could make the point that most heals are already over healing, but if that was the case you wouldn't need to slot any points into Blessed.

VanaEvr

Nofbon. wrote on September 15, 2016

Great write up, looks like a good build!

Just curious, why no major mending? Wouldn’t it be better to ditch inner light or Radiant Oppression for the 25% increased healing?

Sure you could make the point that most heals are already over healing, but if that was the case you wouldn’t need to slot any points into Blessed.

This reply was modified 1 hour, 48 minutes ago by Nofbon..

Thank you! Inner Light increases max magicka and spell crit, I wouldn't replace that. It means more healing aswell. I sometimes replace Radiant Opression with Power of the Light for debuffing. I have Ritual of Retribution on my bar, sometimes Channeled Focus which give the buff. And as you said, healing is enough anyway. ^^

Guilds: Hodor / Exterminatus / Aurora Avalonis

Bierjunk

You can put Horn on backbar and Radial Sweep on front bar for 10% extra crit heals from passive. Nova almost never needed.

VanaEvr

Bierjunk wrote on September 20, 2016

For no death runs or hard modes (for example vMOL) I use Nova in certain situations for the mitigation of inc dmg, I wouldn't replace this.

Guilds: Hodor / Exterminatus / Aurora Avalonis

kwin

Hello,

in case a DD is wearing aether what is your feellings about Sanctuary set... would it worth it?

we found twillight remedy very lackbuster you need to use synergy to activate minor force: most of the synergies are in cac situation where stamina DD all having this buff via trap... most of the magika are ranged far from most of the synergies and it doesn't help our progression raid to have incencitive to not respect our positioning in some fights

thx for your help!