Pocket Guide Bestiary Best Locations

To start, the current complete list is for DAGGERFALL COVENANT. If Veteran Players find the best areas for the other factions, I'll add them here.

Second, many of these may NOT be the best (but we'll work collectively to make sure we get them!). I didn't re-scout Tamriel to do this, or even all of the DC area. I remembered and asked around to gather information and checked the areas to make sure they were quick and easy as can be. I know I've done that for many, but some could probably still be better.

Now that the premise has been set, let's get on to the locations!

Locations I did not include because the enemies are ubiquitous, plentiful in many areas, achieved in casual/normal/story play, etc:

Skeletons, Beasts, Insect-like Creatures, Humanoids, Bestial Daedra, Humanoid Daedra.

And now that that's out of the way too... Here we go!

Slayer of the Undead:

Zombies - North of Sentinel on beach (Alik'r Desert). Avoid the small island and you'll find your own effective path. Mine usually would circle from below the island and go as far east as north of the Scholar's Way apothecary shop icon.

Ghosts and Spirits - Elduum (Glenumbra). Easy: Go in a circle and get annoyed by the lower levels...

Vampires - Crestshade (Rivenspire). A lot of competition can be found here. The only other good spot is in The Orchard (Coldharbour), but the enemies will take twice as long to kill and there still may be competition.

Slayer of Nature:

Lizard-like Creatures - Hag Fen Wayshrine area (Glenumbra). This is an odd, fun,and yet the best route I've found. Starting at the Wyrd Tree Camp near the wayshrine, headsouth, but don't hug the coast. Hit all the crocs until you kill the one behind the rock that has a tree on it (if you got to some humanoids with a tower in the background, you've gone too far). This should be the fifth or sixth, sixth means you probably killed a backtrack one--we'll get to that. Immediately turn around and head back north, but you're going to pass by the Wyrd Tree Camp (it will be on your right). You'll pick up three (two if you accidentally killed one, which you shouldn't!). After the third, mount up and head past the said camp. On your left is a croc, keep heading left and there's another. Veer right and pass a large, broken tree with mushrooms all over it. On your right is a croc hiding behind a boulder before the tree, snag this one (explained later). Keep going straight for another croc and another to that one's left. Turn 180 degrees around and grab the lone croc in its own pool. Mount up (see, if you didn't kill the next croc, you'd have no reason to mount). Pass the dead croc, heading toward the wayshrine, and kill the two crocs and pass the Doe (it says Deer... stupid designers) and collect $200. Rinse and repeat. Should be sixteen total. Yes, even this can be done in a minute.

Plant-like Creatures - Deleyn's Mill (Glenumbra). Wide circle; lots of Spriggins here. Remember to tolerate the lower levels behavior... and zone chat.

Water-based Creatures - Waterdancer Falls (Reaper's March). I'm sure there's a better place for these things, but this is the only I've cared to use (wasn't gonna spend hours looking for another only to likely come up short). The boss counts as 3. [OR] Manor of Revelry (Coldharbour). This is the better/other method you can go. After/if you've done the quest, you can go to the water beds and farm the few Nereid around it. There's not that many, but they're much easier to kill.

Chitinous Creatures - Dreughside -> Dreugh Waters -> Dreughside route (Stormhaven). This is a rather complicated route. But you circle Dreughside, getting all of them in there, head down the hill as if you're going to kill the World Boss (that 'is' 5 or 6 toward the goal if you'd like), but looping to the left before the boss, and forming a big circle. Mudcrabs count as Chitinous Creatures so that may affect where you choose to farm, but I find this a quick route filled with tons of creatures for points. I believe it's 30+ in a couple minutes so do with that what you will.

Netches - Cave of Trophies area -> Deathspinner's Lair -> Cave of Trophies area (Coldharbour). There's really no good route for these, just look for them along this C shaped path. You could start at Everfull Flagon Wayshrine, go up to the cave, and teleport back down for a quicker route. Unsure if you'll be too fast for the cheapest fee. From Wayshrine, go north, loop around and go down, then head east and then north en route to the cave.

(Ebonheart Pact) - Outside Davon's Watch (Stonefalls). [Pending Route Information]

Slayer of Humanoids:

Goblin-kin - South of Rash Merchant's Plummet (Stors M'Kai). Circle the camp, everything has a perfect respawn timer so you'll never have any downtime. [OR[ Bonesnap Ruins (Stormhaven). On the east side of the map, there is a rectangular area with water running through it. This area has groups with mainly goblins in it, but with the occasional Durzog (may not be needed) and Ogre (which may be needed). I'd recommend staying in this area for just goblins.

Giant-kin - Shinji's Scarp (Stormhaven). There's not that many here, but you don't need that many anyway. Fastest and easiest place. [OR] Bonesnap Ruins (Stormhaven). On the west side of the map, there is a square-ish area that stands at the top of a waterfall (don't go down there!). This area has many ogres and a few goblins if your ratios better suit you here than elsewhere.

Slayer of Dwarven Constructs:

^This - Bthzark (Stros M'Kai). Easy: Go in a circle and annoy the lower levels.

Slayer of Daedra:

Flame/Storm/Frost Atronachs - Willowgrave Cavern area (Reaper's March). For those that can't solo Storm (and probably Ice) a buddy or group would probably be what you need. But, there is a caveat to that: You may not get credit if two people attack the same one. Typically, I've seen that the one who deals the most damage gets credit (sometimes, though, I've had lower levels take things from me at Dark Anchors and I was left scratching my head). This means that this achievement should be done SOLO. Lame, I know. Dark Anchors may also be an option, but the randomness isn't something I advocate.

Flesh Atronachs - Village of the Lost (Coldharbour). I would highly recommend farming Dark Anchors for not only these, but many other (vampires, zombies, other Atronachs, etc) if you want to knock out a couple more achievements at the same time. But if you're like me and realized this too soon or have been very unlucky with flesh Atronachs spawning (also like me), then this is one of your last bets. There should be 6 total in the area. 4 (3 normal, 1 boss) spawn in the lower Orc Ruins, while the other 2 spawn in the lower Khajiit Ruins. You can go in a long, annoying route between them. It's gonna suck this way, but the 200 may come quicker, but certainly come at all than other ways.

(Aldmeri Dominion) - Outside of Abamath (Malabal Tor). The outside of the ruins is littered with Flesh Atronachs--some alone; some with additional enemies. Your best bet is to find a circular route (or other pattern as I haven't took time to find a better-perceived route) to nab them all.

Happy Hunting!

About Eormenric:

Eormenric hasn't shared anything about themselves.

Pixie

Thanks for taking the time to write this up :) im sure a lot of ppl will find it helpfull :)

HAIL SITHIS!

Diggles

Bonesnap ruins (stormhaven public dungeon, lvl 15) is probably far better for goblins, they're are 5 packs and they respawn super fast

You done got Diggled!

Marthenil

Diggles wrote on May 14, 2014

Bonesnap ruins (stormhaven public dungeon, lvl 15) is probably far better for goblins, they’re are 5 packs and they respawn super fast

I agree, that place was hell to solo.

Proud member of the Astral Riders

Eormenric

Diggles wrote on May 14, 2014

I'll add that as an alternate. I do recall the goblin camps in Stormhaven, but the ones in Stros M'Kai are all guaranteed one-shot-able, and there's a lot of them in the encampment that I posted. I always go for ease over quantity for this achievement. But thanks for the suggestions, it's probably a better choice for Ogres (though I left that as an alternate as well given that Public Dungeons are typically and constantly flooded with players).

JLWilder

Netches:  Got my 50 very easily near Davon's Watch within Stonefalls (EP).

Eormenric

JLWilder wrote on May 14, 2014

Netches: Got my 50 very easily near Davon’s Watch within Stonefalls (EP).

I know, but that's Veteran content which we all know gets significantly (some say ridiculously) scaled beyond Lv50. The difficulty and time required of VR6 mobs far outweighs that of the Lv50 ones in Coldharbour.

Varicite

Eormenric wrote on May 14, 2014

I know, but that’s Veteran content which we all know gets significantly (some say ridiculously) scaled beyond Lv50. The difficulty and time required of VR6 mobs far outweighs that of the Lv50 ones in Coldharbour.

Well, you did say that if players found the best areas for other factions, you'd add them...

Eormenric

Varicite wrote on May 15, 2014

Eormenric said on May 14, 2014 :

Well, you did say that if players found the best areas for other factions, you’d add them…

Ah, I see the confusion. The (EP) wasn't that clear of a specification on what faction you were. I thought they were merely saying that Stonefalls is located within the Ebonheart Pact. Any veteran player of Daggerfall Covenant knows there's tons of Netches in Stonefall, so I thought they were adding that in despite the Veteran difficulty.

Since it's clearly from Ebonheart Pact (and I don't know how much the same and different each zone is between Normal and Veteran) then I'll note that. If anyone  could include more areas that would be helpful too. :) I'll be more alert on the faction.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Vendersleigh

Good to see there are others who enjoy gaining these achievements too. Thanks for the guide.

Eirikir

Would have loved to have had this thread 2 weeks ago, before I got my Monster Hunter title. As an AD the only thing I had problem finding was the Flesh Atronachs but found a great spot in Malabal Tor: Abamath. In these ruins you will find about 30 fleshies, that spawns pretty quickly.

Eormenric

Eirikir wrote on May 17, 2014

Thanks for the addition!

For all contributors, it would really be helpful if you found a best route to go about in the areas you list, that way I don't need to go there and do it myself. I'm trying to have this be the most helpful guide with everything laid out. All someone has to do is read and repeat. :)

R3DTHR3AT

Hi all, I would like to know location of lowlvl storm atronachs. Atronachs which located in Reaper's March are too strong for me. Anybody know where I can find them else?

smeeprocket

This is nice. What would be awesome is a beastiary guide for cyrodiil so I know where to go for the damn fighter's guild bounties.

GM of Ultraviolet, all women’s feminist guild. Transgender women welcome.

Kaliki

As for the chitinous creatures: Mudcrabs count as chitinous. So I just ported to Khenarthi's Roost and ran around the island twice to get all those that I was missing. At least for Aldmeri Dominion people this is a very quick and easy way to get them.

LonePirate

As an EP player, the Frost and Storm Atronachs are proving to be the most difficult. There is a Frost Atronach skull boss in The Rift which I think I can farm easily solo as it is around level 40. The VR10 Storm Atronachs in Reaper's March are still a pain even after the recent VR changes. I might try the VR5 versions in Rubble Butte in Bangkorai as they might easily be soloable now. They were a death sentence before the VR changes.

LewsTherinTelamon

For the Slayer of Dwarven Construct achievement I can vouch for Bthanual in Deshaan as an AD player.  I was able to kill 500 of them VR2 spiders in just over an hour today, and also farm a couple hundred green gear items.  As a VR11 sorcerer the method I used was to wait slightly off the center of the first room and wait for all the adds to spawn (about a minute), cast Thundering Presence for the armor buff and shock damage, then Critical Surge to get the healing bonus, then run around the room in a circle to pull all of the mobs to the center of the room, recast Critical Surge again (since it's on a 20 second timer), and then spam Elemental Ring to AOE the mobs down.  You could also use Overload to burn them down faster if you have it and I also did not use my pets to make the pulls smoother.

FrancisCrawford

Contributor3062 Posts

Could somebody please back up and tell me why one cares?

I'm not seeing slayer type achievements on the achievement panel. What basic part of the game have I overlooked? :)

General tips

A sorcerer leveling guide

LonePirate

FrancisCrawford wrote on July 17, 2014

Could somebody please back up and tell me why one cares?

I’m not seeing slayer type achievements on the achievement panel. What basic part of the game have I overlooked?

These achievements are located in the General section within the Achievements tab of the Journal.

FrancisCrawford

Contributor3062 Posts
    LonePirate wrote on July 17, 2014

FrancisCrawford said on July 17, 2014 :

Could somebody please back up and tell me why one cares?

Found it. I hadn't drilled down far enough before. Thanks!

General tips

A sorcerer leveling guide

FallenAngel

I found the V6 Netches in Stonefalls far easier kills (3.1K health) than the lvl 47 1star elites in coldharbour  6k + health