Nos's "Poison Knight" StamDK Build (Horns of

Mundus:

Warrior

Champion Point Distribution:

Blue tree:

Master at Arms 9, Mighty 49, Precise Strikes 51, Thaumaturge 56, Piercing 55

Red tree:

Quick Recovery 19, Elemental Defender 49, Hardy 49, Thick Skinned 37, Iron Clad 44, Spell Shield 22

Green tree:

Warlord 51, Sprinter 16, Mooncalf 56, Tenacity 49, Tumbling 28, Shadow Ward 20

Gear choice (Solo Stam DPS in Raid):

7/7 Medium Divines

5 Twice Fanged Serpent

2 Velidreth

5 Night Mother’s Gaze

Use the following weapon traits:

1 Infused Dagger (Poison enchant) – in Main Hand

1 Precise Dagger (Weapon damage enchant) – in Off-Hand

1 Nirn vMA Bow

All Armor with Stamina Enchants. All Jewelry Robust with Weapon damage enchants.

Bar Setup

Rotation:

Pre Rotation: Rearming Trap>Bar Swap

Step 1: Endless Hail>LA>Poison Injection>LA>Razor Caltrops>LA>Noxious Breath>LA>Standard of Might>Bar Swap (animation cancel)

Step 2: LA>Rending Slashes>LA>Venomous Claw>LA>Deadly Cloak>HA>Rearming Trap>HA>Flames of Oblivion>Bar Swap

Rotation Video

Questions:

1. Why Velidreth?

Kragh offers the highest damage gain in groups where full target penetration is not achieved, because the 1 piece on it is the strongest one-piece for a stam user to have and offers a 2.97% DPS increase on a non fully penetrated target. Velidreth however works best if full penetration is achieved. In addition its proc hits certain enemies (Manticora is an example) multiple times. My raid group will be running an optimized buff system so I am running Velidreth…if there are no penetration cap then Kragh is bets in slot for most fights.

2. Why not Mephala?

Mephala got buffed this patch, but the damage is still less than Velidreth in a raid setting because of movement. Also the ST damage is higher on Velidreth and especially higher on fights where it can proc multiple times.

3. Why TFS and NMG?

Penetration is the best damage buffing stat to use when building a character. In a non optimized raid those two sets will perform best. Should your group already run NMG your options open up quite a bit, but are all reliant on what gear is available to you. Vicious Ophidian, Hundings Rage and Sunderflame are all viable options, the trick is to be aware of how to optimize and not go over the penetration cap. Below is a list of all the possible debuffs a group can have up, keep in mind that during a trial you most likely will not have a 100% uptime on every single of these, so try to pen cap yourself with that expectation.

Nightmother’s Gaze – 2580

Alkosh – 3010

Sunderflame – 3440

Major Fracture – 5280

Minor Fracture – 1320

Crusher Enchant – 1622

Infused Crusher Enchant – 2108

4. Why Warrior Mundus?

Warrior seems to be coming out on top for most stam builds in this DLC. By slotting Dawnbreaker on the front bar we are getting around 537 weapon damage from that Mundus, which is quite a large chunk of our dps. Our crit is too high to take advantage of the Thief stone and too low to make Shadow Mundus be better than Warrior. Lover is a choice to run, but the DPS gain from warrior is almost exactly the same and if you have buff sets in a raid Lover quickly loses its power.

5. Why double dagger?

Proc rate for the Axe passive is too low to warrant using it, and daggers scale better with raid buffs.

6. Why Nirn Bow?

Since we are shooting for a pen capped scenario we have infused/nirn and precise to choose from. Precise is nice but Nirn is a lot better. Nirn not only increases the base of your Hail damage, it also buffs your weapon by 200 wep damage which is huge for all your skills. Running Nirn allows your hail to start ticking and go through the lower part of its damage buffed, once you bar swap, the Infused trait off the main hand takes over and gives your Hail a higher ceiling to reach.

7. Why no Molten Armaments?

Besides the fact that I use the flex spot for Vigor I do not find a significant DPS increase with Molten with this rotation, since it only has 2 Heavy Attacks in rotation. I put it in when the fight is safe (like Valariel and Mage and do 3 heavies), but usually just keep vigor.

8. Parses:

About Nosferatuzod:

Nosferatuzod hasn't shared anything about themselves.

Tehblender

Your damage parse mod.... what is it?

Nosferatuzod

Member2010 Posts
    Tehblender wrote on June 20, 2016

Your damage parse mod…. what is it?

Combat Metrics

Artem

Haven't read the whole thing yet, but already got a quick question.

Why not imperial? isn't 10% stam > 4% weapon dmg that orcs have? Except for sustain they are like redguards and is sustain such a big issue at CP501? I haven't played stamina in endgame, so bear with me :)

Nosferatuzod

Member2010 Posts
    Artem wrote on June 21, 2016

Haven’t read the whole thing yet, but already got a quick question.

Why not imperial? isn’t 10% stam > 4% weapon dmg that orcs have? Except for sustain they are like redguards and is sustain such a big issue atCP501? I haven’t played stamina in endgame, so bear with me

Hey, Imperial would work but it wouldn't out do Orc. Majority of your damage as a DK is melee, so Orc would work better. Also it doesn't add 4% weapon damage, it adds 4% melee damage. I added it to my guide though:)

TarmoRhox

How about Vicious Orphidian set? With it it is possible to replace agility and mephala and get really nice bonuses to damage and sustain.

Nosferatuzod

Member2010 Posts
    TarmoRhox wrote on June 21, 2016

Personally I am a redguard, but my stamplar is khajit. I never experience sustain issues on either of them. As for 5 piece ophidian, it is inferior to Agility and Mephala. Agility by itself gives a 5.5% dps increase, and mephala when combined with toxic defiance is around 7% single target and can go up to 11%+ in AoE.

Artem

Nosferatuzod wrote on June 21, 2016

Artem said on June 21, 2016 :

Haven’t read the whole thing yet, but already got a quick question.

Hey, Imperial would work but it wouldn’t out do Orc. Majority of your damage as a DK is melee, so Orc would work better. Also it doesn’t add 4% weapon damage, it adds 4% melee damage. I added it to my guide though:)

Thanks for reply. What I meant is that Imperials and Redguards have the same damage bonus (10% stamina) and the only difference is sustain vs surviveability. So if Redguard outdo orcs then Imperials should too, unless sustain is a huge issue.  Oh and my bad, I did mean to write 4% melee damage but it was already late haha.

Which reminds me.. Should my resources be okay with 501 cp even if I play an imperial? And also, is 6%+4%melee dmg is that better than 10% stam (which gives some damage + your bow damage ). Aren't they comparable or orc (and khajit?) is way better than redguard/imperial? I kinda feel it should make so much difference, but not sure.

Nosferatuzod

Member2010 Posts
    Artem wrote on June 21, 2016

Nosferatuzod said on June 21, 2016 :

Thanks for reply. What I meant is that Imperials and Redguards have the same damage bonus (10% stamina) and the only difference is sustain vs surviveability. So if Redguard outdo orcs then Imperials should too, unless sustain is a huge issue. Oh and my bad, I did mean to write 4% melee damage but it was already late haha.

Which reminds me.. Should my resources be okay with 501 cp even if I play an imperial? And also, is 6%+4%melee dmg is that better than 10% stam (which gives some damage + your bow damage ). Aren’t they comparable or orc (and khajit?) is way better than redguard/imperial? I kinda feel it should make so much difference, but not sure.

A redguard is best because of sustain. On a Stamplar it is much easier to get away with being a Khajit for example, since you have cheaper costing abilities, or channels that add time to your regen. On a DK, your rotation invloves using a ton of skills, and sustain could be an issue. I do not know because I only have a Redguard as a DK.

Artem

I'm assuming then that probably everyone but redguard and maybe bosmer would have the same sustain issues?

Nosferatuzod

Member2010 Posts
    Artem wrote on June 21, 2016

I’m assuming thenthat probably everyone but redguard and maybe bosmer would have the same sustain issues?

ya

Tehblender

@Nosferatuzod

i run a stam DK Khajjit, at the moment i dont have a lot for this build but i run 4 NMG, 5 hunding, with a very similar CP allocation and setup.  Skill bars appear to be pretty standard for DB and i havent used FOO since they have yet to fix the crit bug with potions vs crit abilities (to my knowledge)

With that being said, i dont have any stamina issues so long as i use my first pot around 85% stam... I am also running 7 medium (not 5-1-1) so i only have about 35k stam atm.  This is also taking into account that i am horrible at using shards... additionally because i dont use FOO i use ign weps every 20 seconds for the minor brut buff (molten in this build obviously) and during AOE i usually use it twice with animation cancels to keep my stam up.

Nosferatuzod

Member2010 Posts
    Tehblender wrote on June 22, 2016

@Nosferatuzod

i run a stam DK Khajjit, at the moment i dont have a lot for this build but i run 4 NMG, 5 hunding, with a very similar CP allocation and setup. Skill bars appear to be pretty standard for DB and i havent used FOO since they have yet to fix the crit bug with potions vs crit abilities (to my knowledge)

With that being said, i dont have any stamina issues so long as i use my first pot around 85% stam… I am also running 7 medium (not 5-1-1) so i only have about 35k stam atm. This is also taking into account that i am horrible at using shards… additionally because i dont use FOO i use ign weps every 20 seconds for the minor brut buff (molten in this build obviously) and during AOE i usually use it twice with animation cancels to keep my stam up.

Hey, FOO is only required on your bar if you are running Toxic Defiance, so you don't need it for your build. It is great that you are full on stam, that means that my race breakdown is accurate, with khajit being the top dog:)

Moushen

I am only missing the gloves defiance gloves to complete this build and have not yet completed vMA.  Which do you think would be best: 5 Toxic Def (1 shoulder or helm) & 3/4 Nightmothers ( bow/dw) or 5 huntings 2 Mephala & 2 Leki weapons.

Nosferatuzod

Member2010 Posts
    Moushen wrote on June 22, 2016

I am only missing the gloves defiance gloves to complete this build and have not yet completed vMA. Which do you think would be best: 5 Toxic Def (1 shoulder or helm) & 3/4 Nightmothers ( bow/dw) or 5 huntings 2 Mephala & 2 Leki weapons.

Toxic Defiance without Maelstrom weapons gives you the biggest boost to your dps out of any sets available at the moment. You should definitely grind out for your last piece of Toxic and rock 2 Mephala with it, but for now Nightmothers will do just fine.

Gorza10

What would you say is the best setup for a non-Khajiit without toxic defiance? Should I still use mephala if I don't have toxic defiance?

Nosferatuzod

Member2010 Posts
    Gorza10 wrote on June 22, 2016

What would you say is the best setup for a non-Khajiit without toxic defiance? Should I still use mephala if I don’t have toxic defiance?

Yes, the screenshot in my build is with 2 mephala 3 agility 5 nightmothers and 2 maelstrom weapons. you can ahve fantastic dps without toxic defiance.

fujin

@Nosferatuzod dont have full set toxic defiance yet, if i use night mother instead of toxic defiance what should i replace FOO with? Since im not using toxic defiance i should use steel tornado for aoe fight right ? Where should i put it? Replace trap on front bar?

fujin

What is the reason to use evil hunter is it because of the Slayer passive and major weapon crit buff? What kinda potion crit bug do we have currently? Can you explaina little bit about the bug.  And  we should always use standard ultimate once it is available correct? Its not mentioned in the rotation.

Nosferatuzod

Member2010 Posts
    fujin wrote on June 23, 2016

@Nosferatuzoddont have full set toxic defiance yet,if i use night mother instead of toxic defiance what should i replace FOO with? Since im not using toxic defiance i should use steel tornado for aoe fight right ? Where should i put it? Replace trap on front bar?

If not using toxic, I would drop FOO and have a flex skill there. As for Tornado vs Acid Spray, although Tornado's damage can more than double in execute phase, Acid Spray from a distance still does considerable damage, especially when weaving LA's between sprays. I guess since you dont have FOO on yourr back bar you can take off evil hunter off front bar and slot tornado and put breath on the back bar for extra AoE, but I prefer to not be melee in AoE as a stam if I can help it, because you have to block cast a lot and your stam disappears so quickly. Acid spray allows you to be out of harms way and still does amazing damage.

Nosferatuzod

Member2010 Posts
    fujin wrote on June 23, 2016

What is the reason to use evil hunter is it because of the Slayer passive and major weapon crit buff? What kinda potion crit bug do we have currently? Can you explaina little bit about the bug. And we should always use standard ultimate once it is available correct? Its not mentioned in the rotation.

Right now there is a bug with crit. meaning that if you do not have a crit buffing skill on both bars then if you apply a potion and swap bars you will lose the potion crit buff. As for standard, thanks for the catch Ill put it in there, but yes you always use standard on cooldown.