Nos's "Azor Ahai" Magplar DPS guide (Summerset Ready)

EDITS:

06/02/2018 - Updated for Summerset

06/07/2018 -Adjusted rotation and bar setup

Race:

Dunmer

Attribute Distribution:

All in Magicka

Food:

Clockwork Citrus Filet

Mundus Stone:

Thief

Champion Point Distribution:

Blue Tree

64 Elemental Expert, 28 Spell Erosion, 48 in Elfborn, 51 in Thaumaturge, 51 Master at Arms, 8 Staff Expert

The Gear:

All gear is 5 light 1 medium 1 heavy.

5 Perfected Siroria Armor with Magicka Enchants

2 Zaan

3 Mother's Sorrow Jewelry with Spell damage enchants (2 Arcane 1 Bloodthirsty)

1 Maelstrom Fire Destro Staff Infused (Spell Damage Enchant)

1 Mother's Sorrow Fire Destro Infused (Fire enchant)

Bar Setup:

Main bar (MS) - Inner light, Purifying Light, Vampire's Bane, Elemental Weapon, Blazing Spear. Ultimate - Fiery Rage

Offbar Bar (vMA Staff) - Radiant Destruction, Spell Symetry, Channeled Acceleration, Harness Magicka, Elemental Blockade. Ultimate - Empowering Sweep

Rotation:

Pre Rotation: Inner Light>Channeled Acceleration>Bar Swap>Fiery Rage>Barswap

Step 1: LA>Elemental Blockade>Barswap

Step 2: LA>Blazing Spear>LA>Vamp Bane>LA>Purifying Light>(LA>Elemental Weapon x 4)>Barswap

Alternate Between Steps 1 and 2. If Magicka gets low replace each LA>Elemental Weapon cast with LA>Spell Symetry.

Below 20%:

Change (LA>Elemental Weapon x 4)>Barswap to LA>Elemental Weapon>Barswap>LA>Radiant Oppresion

Rotation Video:

In this video I show a rotation with Witchmothers:

Questions:

Why Vampires Bane?

Does more single target damage than Reflective Light AND stays on target during movement.

Parses:

About Nosferatuzod:

Nosferatuzod hasn't shared anything about themselves.

Some interesting ideas with gear setup there, I agree with some of your reasoning.

Will have to spend a bit of time to look at the rest.

Thank you for sharing.

Nosferatuzod

Member2010 Posts
    Latin wrote on March 21, 2016

Will have to spend a bit of time to look at the rest.

Thank you for sharing.

Don't hesitate to critique please, this is very much a work in progress.

AlfonsoV

Nice write up and thx for the shout out. I'll read all the details a lil later and try to contribute a little into the discussion :)

BTW: nice nr's on the Serpent.

Alfonso V Magplar // Pussy C Stamplar // Florence N Magplar // Sookie S MagplarKe'the Mag DK // G'reth Stam DKDiamond KK Magblade // Dorleen L Magblade // Kitty K StambladeLuna L Magsorc // Shark Ira StamsorcPo Ca Hon Tas Magwarden GUILD HODOR

AlfonsoV

For you first gear setup;

Single Target Destro Staff Setup:

All gear is 5 light 1 medium 1 heavy.

2 Willpower Jewelry pieces Arcane with Spell Damage enchants.

1 Willpower Destro Staff Sharpened with Disease enchant (or Magicka return)

1 Willpower Sharpened Sword

1 Moondancer Sharpened sword

1 Moondancer jewelry piece Arcane with Spell Damage enchants.

2 Moondancer Armor pieces divines with Magicka Enchants

5 Julianos Armor pieces all divines with full Magicka Enchants

Why don't you run 3x will power jewellery, more Moondancer armor pieces so you can run Julianos Nirn swords? Or am I missing something here?

EgoRush

Nice guide, Nos :)

One thing that jumped out at me: disease damage on weapon? I understand this pre-Thieves Guild when Thaumaturge benefited it, but won't an Absorb Magicka or Shock/Fire damage enchantment be more suitable? Even the poison DoT should do more damage than disease right since that will at least be boosted for the DoT portion thanks to Thaum if not the flat damage (which requires points in Mighty).

Server: PC Europe – Ebonheart Pact

Guild: HODOR (PvE)

Character: Oriantha, Altmer Templar | Zelda’s Inferno, Redguard Dragonknight | The Lumen Sage, Imperial Sorcerer | Oriantha Elessidil, Altmer Sorcerer

Blue Power Ranger of the HODOR Ranger Squad

Trials Scores: vDSA tbd | AA tbd | HRC tbd | Sanctum Ophidia tbd | vMA tbd | vMOL tbd

timidobserver

AlfonsoV wrote on March 22, 2016

For you first gear setup;

Single Target Destro Staff Setup:

All gear is 5 light 1 medium 1 heavy.

2 Willpower Jewelry pieces Arcane withSpell Damageenchants.

1 Willpower Destro Staff Sharpened withDiseaseenchant (orMagickareturn)

1 Willpower Sharpened Sword

1 Moondancer Sharpened sword

1 Moondancer jewelry piece Arcane withSpell Damageenchants.

2 Moondancer Armor pieces divines withMagickaEnchants

5 Julianos Armor pieces all divines with fullMagickaEnchants

Why don’t you run 3x will power jewellery, more Moondancer armor pieces so you can run Julianos Nirn swords? Or am I missing something here?

It is to have 5 piece julianos on the DW and staff bar. He's using the staff for his primary DPS bar and DW for his AoE and execute bar.

AlfonsoV

@timidobserver

a, yeah, you're right. I keep forgetting he's using the staff for primary DPS.

Nosferatuzod

Member2010 Posts
    AlfonsoV wrote on March 22, 2016

@timidobserver

a, yeah, you’re right. I keep forgetting he’s using the staff for primary DPS.

Yup what he said:)

EgoRush wrote on March 22, 2016

Nice guide, Nos

One thing that jumped out at me: disease damage on weapon? I understand this pre-Thieves Guild when Thaumaturge benefited it, but won’t an Absorb Magicka or Shock/Fire damage enchantment be more suitable? Even the poison DoT should do more damage than disease right since that will at least be boosted for the DoT portion thanks to Thaum if not the flat damage (which requires points in Mighty).

To be honest I'm not sure why it says disease, I wrote this guide down in one go and must have been looking at something else, you are of course correct in the fact that those two would benefit it more:) I will edit it.

EgoRush

Nosferatuzod wrote on March 22, 2016

AlfonsoV said on March 22, 2016 :

@timidobserver

a, yeah, you’re right. I keep forgetting he’s using the staff for primary DPS.

Yup what he said:)

EgoRush said on March 22, 2016 :

Nice guide, Nos

To be honest I’m not sure why it says disease, I wrote this guide down in one go and must have been looking at something else, you are of course correct in the fact that those two would benefit it more:) I will edit it.

Haha it's the same with my latest guide - I had mistakes in places just from laziness and copy&paste issues :P

Back to the enchantment though, I'm really unsure what to recommend tbh. Fire seems obvious but does it collide with the Burning effect from Vamp Bane and therefore not stack? Absorb magicka seems good for one of the DW enchants as sustain can be difficult on Templar and the proc is boosted by Ele Expert. Poison I hear is still more damage than Shock, though I haven't tested this myself.

Server: PC Europe – Ebonheart Pact

Guild: HODOR (PvE)

Blue Power Ranger of the HODOR Ranger Squad

Nosferatuzod

Member2010 Posts
    EgoRush wrote on March 22, 2016

Nosferatuzod said on March 22, 2016 :

Yup what he said:)

Haha it’s the same with my latest guide – I had mistakes in places just from laziness and copy&paste issues

Back to the enchantment though, I’m really unsure what to recommend tbh. Fire seems obvious but does it collide with the Burning effect from Vamp Bane and therefore not stack? Absorb magicka seems good for one of the DW enchants as sustain can be difficult on Templar and the proc is boosted by Ele Expert. Poison I hear is still more damage than Shock, though I haven’t tested this myself.

Yeah, I guess it is a more complicated question, I think I will give options and leave it up to the discretion of the individual.

EgoRush

Nosferatuzod wrote on March 22, 2016

EgoRush said on March 22, 2016 :

If I have chance this weekend I will test every enchantment I feel worthwhile and get some numbers back for us.

Server: PC Europe – Ebonheart Pact

Guild: HODOR (PvE)

Blue Power Ranger of the HODOR Ranger Squad

Nosferatuzod

Member2010 Posts
    EgoRush wrote on March 22, 2016

Nosferatuzod said on March 22, 2016 :

I would greatly appreciate that:)

Jerberan

The Damage from the Fire Glyphe colides with the Burning from Destro Staff Abilitys, so it isnt a good Choice. Absorb Magic on Staff and 1 Sword and Poison/Desease/Lightning on the other sword is the better Choice.

Or you go double Absorb Magic on Swords. You cant proc both Enchantments if they have the same Quality but it stil works if they have different qualitys. Absorb Magic with Kuta on Mainhand and Absorb Magic with Rekuta on the second Sword works fine. A bit less Damage as with 2 Kuta Enchantment with different Effects but almost double the Magica Recovery.

And dont worry about Mistakes in your Guide. My german Tank Guide is over 10 Pages in MS Word long now and i find Typos or bad Discriptions everytime i read it again ;)

Jerberan Oakenskin, Imperial Dragonknight

Genevieve Javelot, Imperial Templar

Raddox, Breton Sorcerer

Ebonhearth Pact EU

Nosferatuzod

Member2010 Posts
    Jerberan wrote on March 22, 2016

In the destro main bar setup there is no need to enchant the swords since you will never hit with them. They are for execute and AoE Purposes. As for the fire enchant, that is what I was afraid of...currently I have absorb magicka on my staff, i guess i will keep it:)

Nosferatuzod

Member2010 Posts

Found out that there are no Moondancer swords, had to change the back bar on the destro setup from 1 moondancer sharpened to 1 random crafted nirnhoned sword. It lowers the overall dps of the backbar build by 1.5%, so not a huge amount, but its sad regardless.

VosTelvannis

Nosferatuzod wrote on March 25, 2016

What? i had a moondancer sword on the pts, and one of the guys i raid with has one im pretty sure

Nosferatuzod

Member2010 Posts
    VosTelvannis wrote on March 25, 2016

Nosferatuzod said on March 25, 2016 :

oh yeah? everyone has been telling me that they dont drop...I guess we will find out...

VosTelvannis

Nosferatuzod wrote on March 25, 2016

VosTelvannis said on March 25, 2016 :

oh yeah? everyone has been telling me that they dont drop…I guess we will find out…

the guildmate isnt on right now, but when he gets on ill try and get a picture of it

Nosferatuzod

Member2010 Posts
    VosTelvannis wrote on March 26, 2016

Nosferatuzod said on March 25, 2016 :

Please do:)

VosTelvannis

I told you they exist =)