"The Magplar", Latter's Magicka Templar DD, N

You can view the build video above.

The written more detailed guide will be updated within the week, for now it's just the video :)

About Latter:

Latter hasn't shared anything about themselves.

Meshal

haha nice nice :D   , now let's burn this sucker and record the footage  :D

Willzz

Ah looks nice man, good to see a build that uses the maelstrom inferno staff! Only thing I would recommend is the use of structured entropy, you mentioned using it on your back bar but I would recommend swapping it out for vampire bane on your main bar. I feel like you have too much of a complicated rotation for your single target, as in by the time you've finished applying all your dots, you'll only get to cast puncturing sweeps like once before they all need to be reapplied. Therefore also you wont need to bar swap, you'll get the 20% spell damage increase, get the passive 8% health and 2% magicka increase, and also if you are using spell power pots you wont need to use them and can instead use magicka pots. Its up to you though, I just like structured entropy as I believe due to vampires bane being fire, it wont produce as much damage as having a 20% to your spell damage would.

And also I thought id point out that Kena can proc between using puncturing sweeps. I think its a bug at the moment but so far doing light attack > sweeps > light attack, counts as 2 consecutive light attacks and can proc it.

Overall though great build, cant wait to see how it progresses!

Latter

@Willzz

Yeah i do know that it procs kena, that is one of the reasons i prefer inferno staff over dual wield, with inferno staff it consistently procs with 2 light attacks inbetween skills, but with dual wield its extremely inconsistent.

I am still debating wether to keep vampires bane or not, to me it seems the damage is good enough to keep, but maybe i will need more testing.

Another thing i considered is using dawnbreaker on my main bar, so i dont have to swap bars to use it, as it fills up so quickly.

Currently Guildless

Worlds First V16 Scaled Sanctum Ophidia Clear.

Nodeath MoL completion & Moon’s Champion.

#4 MoL clear WW.

Magplar build for One Tamriel

Twitch Channel

Youtube Channel

EgoRush

Hi Latter, thanks for the mention.

This is similar to the staff build I've been theorycrafting for when I get my darn Maelstrom Destro, so I have a few ideas I can add. DW Kena proc is inconsistent, you're right, and I highly recommend having Kena active during execute - especially in places like Sanctum where The Serpent execute phase is quite long. I've had ticks of 55K with the Kena proc during that fight (I think War Horn was up too, because 55K is ridiculous per tick = >100K DPS during execute for the final few %...). Therefore, the staff build I'm using keeps Radiant Oppression on my single target bar and I weave a light attack between each execute to maintain Kena. Also, if you slot execute on your single target bar then you can have Proxi on your AoE bar too and keep this up on trash without needing to swap bars (currently I double bar Proxi).

What I'm wondering now is if we don't put points into the Enduring Rays passive (increase duration of Dawn's Wrath abilities) then our Radiant Oppression is shorter and we can keep the Kena proc up more as sometimes it runs out partway through the 3.4 second channel. This could be a sneaky way to increase DPS. Also, this would shorten the duration of Purifying Light allowing that capped damage to explode faster. I've yet to play about with Enduring Rays, but I'll let you know if it works out soon.

I agree with you considering putting Dawnbreaker on your main bar, I actually use this ultimate in vMA as it does hit damn hard. With it being so cheap you'll lose a lot of DPS from constantly swapping bars to activate it, so the 2% max magicka/recovery from Ice Comet may not be worth it. Unsure though.

Vampire's Bane is becoming the bane of my life. I really wish this was magic damage like everyone other Templar skill. As it stands I rarely see it being a DPS increase :( you have the benefit of being an Altmer though, so yours will hit harder than my Breton. Really ZOS either need to change this to be magic damage or they need to extend the duration of the DoT. I mean think how long DK DoTs last (Eruption...) and Sorc with Liquid Lightning. They really didn't care about Templar DoTs at all. Vampire's Bane even with full Elemental Expert and Engulfing Flames up on a target is still weaker than Liquid Lightning when wearing identical gear (even when normalised to the cost and duration). The skill really needs some love.

Good luck with the build! Post some awesome numbers and show magicka Templar is viable! I'm too busy being raid support now to do proper DPS. Though I'm aiming to hit 20K on The Serpent whilst doing Lamia duty (so far I'm at 17K DPS while doing it).

Server: PC Europe – Ebonheart Pact

Guild: HODOR (PvE)

Character: Oriantha, Altmer Templar | Zelda’s Inferno, Redguard Dragonknight | The Lumen Sage, Imperial Sorcerer | Oriantha Elessidil, Altmer Sorcerer

Blue Power Ranger of the HODOR Ranger Squad

Trials Scores: vDSA tbd | AA tbd | HRC tbd | Sanctum Ophidia tbd | vMA tbd | vMOL tbd

Latter

EgoRush wrote on January 5, 2016

Therefore, the staff build I’m using keeps Radiant Oppression on my single target bar and I weave a light attack between each execute to maintain Kena.Also, if you slot execute on your single target bar then you can have Proxi on your AoE bar too and keep this up on trash without needing to swap bars (currently I double bar Proxi).

Good suggestion, but from my tests i could proc kena with light attacks between the execute, although its probably as inconsistent as it is with weaving sweeps, once we get to doing trials again i will test some various setups (light attacking consecutively to proc it, going x2 destro, etc)

I don't want to remove proxy from my ST bar though, as it stands now i wont swap bars whatsoever before execute (i moved dawnbreaker to both bars), and i want to keep proxy in my ST rotation as it hits so incredibly hard, i had no problem swapping bars to cast it while aoeing, as it seems to be really smooth with animationcancelling barswap while casting it.

EgoRush wrote on January 5, 2016

What I’m wondering now is if we don’t put points into the Enduring Rays passive (increase duration of Dawn’s Wrath abilities) then our Radiant Oppression is shorter and we can keep the Kena proc up more as sometimes it runs out partway through the 3.4 second channel. This could be a sneaky way to increase DPS. Also, this would shorten the duration of Purifying Light allowing that capped damage to explode faster. I’ve yet to play about with Enduring Rays, but I’ll let you know if it works out soon.

Interresting, let me know how that goes, will test it right away also, although if this turns out actually working, i will probably remove vampires bane altogether from my build, as it will decrease the dps from it by alot, also i think altmer is what makes the main difference with that skill, if you're not a altmer or a dunmer you should use something else.

Currently Guildless

Worlds First V16 Scaled Sanctum Ophidia Clear.

Nodeath MoL completion & Moon’s Champion.

#4 MoL clear WW.

Magplar build for One Tamriel

Twitch Channel

Youtube Channel

Latter

Ok @EgoRush , i did some quick basic testing.

With 2/2 in enduring rays passive:

With dual wield, light weaving radiant procced kena 0 times out of 20.

With inferno staff, light weaving radiant procced kena 20 times out of 20.

with 0/2 in enduring rays passive:

With dual wield, light weaving radiant procced kena 4 times out of 20.

With inferno staff, light weaving radiant procced kena 20 times out of 20.

I might go double inferno staff after this, honestly it seems like it could be more dps while executing, at the cost of less dps when aoeing..

Currently Guildless

Worlds First V16 Scaled Sanctum Ophidia Clear.

Nodeath MoL completion & Moon’s Champion.

#4 MoL clear WW.

Magplar build for One Tamriel

Twitch Channel

Youtube Channel

EgoRush

Latter wrote on January 5, 2016

Ok @EgoRush , i did some quick basic testing.

With 2/2 in enduring rays passive:

With dual wield, light weaving radiant procced kena 0 times out of 20.

With inferno staff, light weaving radiant procced kena 20 times out of 20.

with 0/2 in enduring rays passive:

With dual wield, light weaving radiant procced kena 4 times out of 20.

With inferno staff, light weaving radiant procced kena 20 times out of 20.

Hmm interesting results. Right now my staff build is destro for single target then DW for AoE since I have Radiant Oppression on my staff bar. I need to do some math on the damage output from taking Enduring Rays passives out. I'll be online later this evening as it's a raid day, so I may play about with it then.

As for Dawnbreaker on AoE bar too, will you use it on trash? If not then I'd slot Ice Comet here to boost your DPS slightly. Alternatively, Nova on trash is ridiculously strong, especially factoring in the synergy from Gravity Crush.

And yes, more DPS at the cost of less AoE is better IMO - magicka Templars are hardly known for AoE damage as it is (though with well timed Proxi I have done more AoE than a stamina DK occasionally :P)

Server: PC Europe – Ebonheart Pact

Guild: HODOR (PvE)

Blue Power Ranger of the HODOR Ranger Squad

Latter

EgoRush wrote on January 5, 2016

Latter said on January 5, 2016 :

Ok @EgoRush , i did some quick basic testing.

With 2/2 in enduring rays passive:

With dual wield, light weaving radiant procced kena 0 times out of 20.

With inferno staff, light weaving radiant procced kena 20 times out of 20.

with 0/2 in enduring rays passive:

With dual wield, light weaving radiant procced kena 4 times out of 20.

With inferno staff, light weaving radiant procced kena 20 times out of 20.

I might go double inferno staff after this, honestly it seems like it could be more dps while executing, at the cost of lessdps when aoeing..

Hmm interesting results. Right now my staff build is destro for single target then DW for AoE since I have Radiant Oppression on my staff bar. I need to do some math on the damage output from taking Enduring Rays passives out. I’ll be online later this evening as it’s a raid day, so I may play about with it then.

As for Dawnbreaker on AoE bar too,will you use it on trash? If not then I’d slot Ice Comet here to boost your DPS slightly. Alternatively, Nova on trash is ridiculously strong, especially factoring in the synergy from Gravity Crush.

And yes, more DPS at the cost of less AoE is better IMO – magicka Templars are hardly known for AoE damage as it is (though with well timed Proxi I have done more AoE than a stamina DK occasionally :P)

I think ill end up doing Shooting star on my aoe bar, as it is i already switch bars every 9-10 seconds to cast proxy while aoeing, can easily pop the ultimate inbetween there, plus, the more execute damage the better! :D

Currently Guildless

Worlds First V16 Scaled Sanctum Ophidia Clear.

Nodeath MoL completion & Moon’s Champion.

#4 MoL clear WW.

Magplar build for One Tamriel

Twitch Channel

Youtube Channel

EgoRush

Latter wrote on January 5, 2016

EgoRush said on January 5, 2016 :

Agreed, we still have the strongest execute in the game imo. The issue being that it's broken and occasionally ticks for 5K damage...

Server: PC Europe – Ebonheart Pact

Guild: HODOR (PvE)

Blue Power Ranger of the HODOR Ranger Squad

xBlackroxe

EgoRush wrote on January 5, 2016

Latter said on January 5, 2016 :

Agreed, we still have the strongest execute in the game imo. The issue being that it’s broken and occasionally ticks for 5K damage…

But thats not only a problem with radiant. I have that sometimes to with impale just critting for 5k for no reason

Chars: -Blackroxe (Dunmer Sorcerer)

Scores (One Tamriel): vDSA 47.683, vMOL 163.308, vSO 171.353, vHRC 154.149

Guild: HODOR

EgoRush

xBlackroxe wrote on January 5, 2016

EgoRush said on January 5, 2016 :

Hmm that's interesting. First time I've heard of other executes bugging too. Could suggest it's an internal issue with scaling execute damage then? I guess Radiant Oppression makes it obvious because we have a 3.4 second channel of 7 ticks rather than an instant cast single hit. Hmmmmmmmm.

Server: PC Europe – Ebonheart Pact

Guild: HODOR (PvE)

Blue Power Ranger of the HODOR Ranger Squad

xBlackroxe

EgoRush wrote on January 5, 2016

xBlackroxe said on January 5, 2016 :

Hmm that’s interesting. First time I’ve heard of other executes bugging too. Could suggest it’s an internal issue with scaling execute damage then? I guess Radiant Oppression makes it obvious because we have a 3.4 second channel of 7 ticks rather than an instant cast single hit. Hmmmmmmmm.

Yeah I´m not sure how long that problem is here.

But after a long time I went to  WGT yesterday with my nightblade and sometimes when looking at the damage I see like 5.7k, 4.9k on mobs at like 10% health so definitely in execute range.

Chars: -Blackroxe (Dunmer Sorcerer)

Scores (One Tamriel): vDSA 47.683, vMOL 163.308, vSO 171.353, vHRC 154.149

Guild: HODOR

Kyoma

Hmmm, I think someone is solicitating for a guild kick. I mean, surely this is an attempt to make me feel inferior with my magicka-templar-that-I rarely-use-and am-extremely-bad-at. Then again, this may be my only hope in ever getting better with it. ^^

Babyface Bananas Guildmaster

Latter

So this build defineatly has some burst potential....

Currently Guildless

Worlds First V16 Scaled Sanctum Ophidia Clear.

Nodeath MoL completion & Moon’s Champion.

#4 MoL clear WW.

Magplar build for One Tamriel

Twitch Channel

Youtube Channel

oibam

Latter wrote on January 5, 2016

What I’m wondering now is if we don’t put points into the Enduring Rays passive (increase durationof Dawn’s Wrath abilities) then our Radiant Oppression is shorter and we can keep the Kena proc up more as sometimes it runs out partway through the 3.4 second channel. This could be a sneaky way to increase DPS.

The duration of Purifying Light is not affected by Enduring Rays. But not skilling Enduring Lights is a very good idea, because those 20% are quite worthless. Thanks. :-)

mrowmrif2

Thanks for the great build - i just made my third character i want to take to v16...  I have my DK tank, my stamblade and now a magplar that should be able to just swap gear and main heal or dps :)  since i tank so much also considering the ol heal-tank-dps magplar as well...  Anyway.

major kudos for adding in the gif of the weaving animation...  A lot of newblies out there dont understand what that is or how to do it, so the gif should show the animation cancel with the burst of fire from the staff attack.  Nice educational bit there sir!

Latter

mrowmrif2 wrote on January 11, 2016

Thanks for the great build – i just made my third character i want to take to v16… I have my DK tank, my stamblade and now a magplar that should be able to just swap gear and main heal or dps since i tank so much also considering the ol heal-tank-dps magplar as well… Anyway.

major kudos for adding in the gif of the weaving animation… A lot of newblies out there dont understand what that is or how to do it, so the gif should show the animation cancel with the burst of fire from the staff attack. Nice educational bit there sir!

Hey, thanks a ton! Make sure to hop in every now and then i'm still updating the build quite frequently!

Currently Guildless

Worlds First V16 Scaled Sanctum Ophidia Clear.

Nodeath MoL completion & Moon’s Champion.

#4 MoL clear WW.

Magplar build for One Tamriel

Twitch Channel

Youtube Channel

Latter

So here is a very important build update, thanks to @EgoRush who informed me that Wall of elements is currently broken, and you do not recieve any light attack bonus dmg, for this reason i will be switching it out for Blazing Spears or Purifying Light (i will let you know once i decided wich one to go with).

Currently Guildless

Worlds First V16 Scaled Sanctum Ophidia Clear.

Nodeath MoL completion & Moon’s Champion.

#4 MoL clear WW.

Magplar build for One Tamriel

Twitch Channel

Youtube Channel

xBlackroxe

Latter wrote on January 11, 2016

Really? Like wtf is wrong -.-

Chars: -Blackroxe (Dunmer Sorcerer)

Scores (One Tamriel): vDSA 47.683, vMOL 163.308, vSO 171.353, vHRC 154.149

Guild: HODOR

mrowmrif2

Latter wrote on January 11, 2016

mrowmrif2 said on January 11, 2016 :

Hey, thanks a ton! Make sure to hop in every now and then i’m still updating the build quite frequently!

Im a mod and have a smart phone...  Do i ever truly leave?