Hey ESO friends, I'm really excited to reach the conclusion of a big development effort to update and evolve the Foundry Tactical Combat addon, enabling it to continue serving as an excellent and comprehensive combat interface for The Elder Scrolls Online. It's been quite a while since the last major update for FTC, and I'd like to start by thanking everyone for their support and patience. I'm really excited with the changes that I have made, and I hope that you give the new FTC a try.
This new version features extensive functional and aesthetic overhauling of existing FTC components as well as the addition of several new and much requested features. Some of the key highlights of this new release include redesigned scrolling combat text, more accurate buff tracking, small group and large group frames, a revamped damage report, and countless new aesthetic customization options!
Download The Foundry Tactical Combat Addon
To install Foundry Tactical Combat follow these steps. FTC is also supported by Minion, an automated ESO addon management utility.
- Download FTC_Current.zip to a location of your choosing.
- Extract the .zip archive into your ESO addons folder found in My Documents/Elder Scrolls Online/live/Addons/ for Windows users, or Documents/Elder Scrolls Online/live/Addons. for OS X.
- You should now have a folder inside Addons named "FoundryTacticalCombat" which contains the addon files.
- Launch The Elder Scrolls Online. FTC should be automatically enabled. If not, go to the Add-Ons section of the game menu and make sure that the box beside Foundry Tactical Combat is checked.
- Access the FTC configuration settings by navigating in-game to Settings -> Add-Ons -> FTC, or by simply typing "/ftc" into chat.
FTC 0.60 Changes
- Thorough aesthetic overhaul of the entire addon.
- Complete performance sweep of every FTC component to ensure efficient memory usage.
- Complete French and German localization of FTC components thanks to the excellent work of Einherjar Mooneh TehMagnus and Rial.
- Significantly improved customization of FTC components with a far more flexible addon settings menu.
- Switched to use account-wide saved variables; your FTC configurations will now apply to all the characters on your ESO account automatically.
- Added extensive aesthetic options for modifying the size color font and style of unit frames.
- Added visualizations for healing and damage-over-time effects.
Added configurable indicator on the target frame denoting execute range.
- Improved detection rules for damage shielding to provide as accurate as possible an assessment of your character's defenses. Certain fundamental bugs in the ESO API will still cause shielding to be incorrectly reported.
- Introduce optional small group frame for groups of four or fewer members.
- Introduce optional raid frame for large groups this raid frame can also be used for small groups by disabling the small group frame but keeping raid frames enabled.
- Added multiple buff format options for each buffs container allowing fine-tuning of buff tracking display.
- Added options for rendering buffs in list format displaying buff names in addition to tiled icons.
- New customization options for modifying the apperance of tracked buffs.
- Include many new buffs and debuffs which were not previously tracked by the addon.
- Introduce new FTC Combat Log component. This customizable window will retain a printed record of damage healing and other significant combat events.
- Allow FTC Combat Log to alternate with ESO chat or be detached independently.
- Add optional keybinding for quickly toggling display of the FTC Combat Log.
Scrolling Combat Text
- Significantly improve the aesthetics and efficiency of the scrolling combat text (SCT) component.
- Add optional icons for most of the recognized sources of damage in the game.
- Add many customization options for configuring the appearance of scrolling combat text.
- Added a number of new SCT alerts for important combat conditions like crowd control effects and DoT cleansing.
- Introduce separate combat statistics component which tracks and details your character's performance in combat.
- Vastly improve the information content in the FTC Damage Report breaking down combat events by target and providing insight into key abilities.
- Enable linking to chat for specific targets instead of the entire encounter.
- Improve accuracy of current consumable (potion) cooldown timer.
- Add a visual glow behind your Ultimate ability indicating when you are currently gaining Ultimate through combat.
FTC 0.60 Known Issues
- An ongoing bug in the ESO API continues to cause the incorrect reporting of shielding, this can be particularly prevalent in Cyrodiil. Myself and other addon authors are in contact with ZeniMax about this issue which will hopefully be resolve in an upcoming patch.
- Some words and phrases reported in the new FTC Combat Log are not yet localized for French and German client versions.
Scrolling Combat Text
- Some abilities do not have unique icons assigned. If you find an ability which should have a unique icon but is recieving the default damage icon, please contact @Atropos with details.