Eruption - Stamina DK PvE DD & vMA Build (HoTR, vHoF App

Hello everyone and welcome to my Eruption Stamina DK guide!

Stamina DKs are at the peak of their glory in PvE currently, as they put out the highest single target damage while retaining a very easy rotation comepared to stamina nightblades. This Build is off the usual meta builds as it uses the red mountain set, a very very powerful proc set in solo and raid environments. It also looks awesome seeing volcanoes popping up every 3-4 seconds everywhere (even more as soon as there are adds to bosses).

Race:

Redguard is best, but my Stam DK is my Tank (I offtank vAA HM and vHRC HM with him sometimes and go DD prior to that), so he is Imperial. With the cow hat it does't make a difference anyway, everything looks exactly the same, ugly as hell. Woodelf, Orc, Khajiit, all is fine and works, as sustain is very good due to the heavy attacks.

Unbuffed stats:

Gear for Group Content:

Gear for Solo Content:

Vicious ophidian is essential. The Stamina Return is absolutely needed, so farm any 5 pieces of it, even if it is blue, doesnt matter.

Bars (Group):

Bars (Solo):

On stages 5 and 7 ion vMA i use reflective scales instead of noxious, they're plain awesome to kill ranged mobs such as the ice casters and archers. You can also run that the entire time, as there is stuff to reflect on all stages.

Why Red Mountain:

Red mountain is such a cool set with the new volcano visual and does about 5% of your damage from the front bar only. It procs off half of our abilities, such as endless hail, injection, rending slashes and blade claok. On top, it also procs off our heavy attacks. on the front bar. It does exceptionally good DPS from the front bar only and procs off cooldown in aoe scenarios if you put down endless hail and have blade claok active. Keep in mind that this set scales off SPELL penetration, which is also the reason for the sharpened off hand. I have 1.4k spell penetration in the above parse, so with raidbuffs on it will become a lot more damage from the proc itself, up to 9k per hit with the right amount of debuffs on the target. If i had an infused sudnerflame dagger (transmutation, whoop), i'd use RM on both bars to get even more out of it.

Why Sunderflame?

Great Group Buff, almost 100% uptime from front bar only, no need to say more.

Why Flames of oblivion and not noxious? Why not both?

FoO uses magicka and does more damage than noxious. So we save stamina and hit harder in cases where fracture is already on the target. In case you need to apply fracture, use noxious, done. Using both complicates our rotation without necessarily improving it and having vigor on the back bar helps a lot in many situations.

Rotation:

Rotate counterclockwise through your abilities, start with molten, FoO, Trap, Potion, Bar swap before the fight. Then light attack weave Hail, Caltrops, Injection, Bar swap. Heavy atatck weave every skill on front bar from right to left. Restart at Hail and then recast molten everytime when necessary (every third rotation).

I tried to show it visually, hope it's understandable.

Rotation video coming soon.

6m Solo parse with noxious breath (only 80% fracture from noxious):

None None

6m Parse with tank putting on fracture and breach (no crusher) and me using flames of oblivion:

Full vMA run:

Coming soon.

If you have questions, go ahead! Hope you like the build.

About Masel92:

Masel92 hasn't shared anything about themselves.

HatchetHaro

Contributor52 Posts

I love this build! I never thought about using Red Mountain as a PvE set since the proc set changes. Very intriguing; I gotta try this out.

I'd like to point out that you can probably replace Vigor with Noxious Breath and cast it as well, and do one fewer heavy attack on your main bar; that is, if you can sustain it. Also, if your rotations take 13 seconds or longer, I would suggest using Anti-Cavalry Caltrops instead of Razor Caltrops; more damage over time.

Have you tried switching some gear around and doing 5pc Red Mountain and 3pc Sunderflame on your body+jewellery pieces? This should give it the opportunity to proc on your bow bar at the cost of 3.8% crit for that small duration.

Only ever plays stam DK and stamsorc.

Literally only good at stam DK and stamsorc.

Masel92

HatchetHaro wrote on September 28, 2017

I’d like to point out that you can probably replace Vigor with Noxious Breath and cast it as well, and do onefewer heavy attack on your main bar; that is, if you can sustain it. Also, if your rotations take 13 seconds or longer, I would suggest using Anti-Cavalry Caltrops instead of Razor Caltrops; more damage over time.

i could replace it, but I prefer having vigor as a emergency heal anytime and wanna save the stamina for noxious. I'm imperial so I need the heavy attacks to sustain this in situations like last boss of vHoF as you have to block a lot.

The reason why I use both on the front bar only is that I don't have an infused dagger of sunder. I have an infused axe, sharpened axe and training dagger that I will retrait as soon as possible. So this leads to better dps for me, but if you have perfect sunder weapons it will probably be better to double bar RM and front bar sunder.

Liofa

Conversation in the last screenshot :D

Looks great ! Group buffing , good DPS and good sustain at the same time . Nice build :)

My Channel – Tanking Videos , Guides and Build

The visual representation of the rotation is pretty cool, might work quite well for some users.

I assume that CP is just optimised through Constellation.

ps: Whatever is happening in the group in that last screenshot?

Masel92

Latin wrote on September 28, 2017

I assume that CP is just optimised through Constellation.

ps: Whatever is happening in the group in that last screenshot?

i wanted to write: I thought it's funny, and ended with I though tits funny :(

CP is optimised by myself, sort of, will post the distribution later. The build is currently PTS proof as well. Not much has changed :)

Masel92

Just wanted to add a couple of vMoL parses from a run we did tonight:

Zhaj:

Rakkhat (couldve been better, had to res and had two voids):

Twins:

Harrdarrzarr

Nice moondancer sword:)

Seperatist

Gj Masel, finally something interesting, not just typical hunding tfs nmg :D

InfiniteXavier

I am like 2 weeks behind in my analysis. I just came to these conclusions on my own Stam DK (2 Mephala, 5 pc Sunderflame only on Front Bar, 5 pc Red Mountain). I could have just read your guide and saved myself a lot of testing and gear farming...

Masel92

InfiniteXavier wrote on October 17, 2017

Haha yeah that happens to me quite a bit as well, but it's nice that you theorycraft, we need more people like that!

karios525

Could we please have you're cp distribution as I want to give you're build a try, still lacking any sunder one handers after 60 coa vet runs lol

joejudas

Its really cool that youre using something different like RM. I love the gear diversity we have on stamdk right now. Tong, Sunder, RM etc etc

wesmont

Very interesting build, I'll definitely give it a try, I am using Sunder anyway and I think I have stored a Sunder bow and an axe. On the other hand, I don't have any RM pieces so I should start farming.

Question though, I don't have the vMA bow yet so till I get one what should I put on my back bar considering that on your back bar both sets are at 4 pieces. So 5 pieces of Sunder or RM on the bow bar?

Masel92

wesmont wrote on November 1, 2017

Very interesting build, I’ll definitely give it a try, I am using Sunder anyway and I think I have stored a Sunder bow and an axe. On the other hand, I don’t have any RM pieces so I should start farming.

Question though, I don’t have the vMA bow yet so till I get one what should I put on my back bar considering that on your back bar both sets are at 4 pieces. So 5 pieces of Sunder or RM on the bow bar?

without a vMA bow definitely go for red mountain :)

You don't get a benefit from double barring sunderflame.

You can still get the sunder debuff at range, just bar swap cancel a fully charged heavy bow attack :)

Feel free to post me the results you get without a vMA bow.

wesmont

Masel92 wrote on November 1, 2017

wesmont said on November 1, 2017 :

without a vMA bow definitely go for red mountain

You don’t get a benefit from double barring sunderflame.

Feel free to post me the results you get without a vMA bow.

great!! that's easy, I can buy an Infused bow, they are not expensive and go from there. Another good thing about this build is the possibility of gold PM jewels. You can get them from traders at 70k a piece. Not that they'll make a big difference but it's nice to have everything gold out.

I'll start gathering the pieces and let you know the parse results.

Can you please post your blue cp distribution also?

karios525

How on earth do you end up with 18k health if all enchants are in stam as I hit with buff food 17.1k unless I keep the health enchant on mephala of course? Any chance of a cp breakdown as am itching to try this setup but still quite new to the game

karios525

Just curious why you go with molten over igneous weapons as at least with igneous you wont need the weapon power pots so much or am i missing something again lol

Masel92

karios525 wrote on November 6, 2017

I'm imperial, that's why my health is that high.

Blue cp:

Either a few into piercing, sharpened offhand weapon and equally distribute between mighty, precise strikes, master at arms and traumaturge.

Or infused mainhand precise offhand or nirn main and infused offhand and then put 1.5k worth of points into piercing and the rest again around equally between the other four. Make sure to always be justice above the full percentages to avoid wasted points due to jump points.

I adjust the red cp according to the trial I do at that time. Most trials require more points into spell shield and elemental defender, especially vAS on Olms, even more in +1 or HM.

Green tree is mostly 64 each into tenacity and mooncalf, then a lot into block cost reduction (so much that you get treasure hunter) and break free.

Block cost and break free ate the most frequently used things to avoid damage in trials, that's why I always emphasise them.

Masel92

karios525 wrote on November 6, 2017

we heavy attack weave each skill on the front bar, so missing the 40% heavy attack buff will be quite a dps loss...

karios525

So how many cp should I invest into piercing if I have one sharpened weapon on my front bar? Thanks for the replies by the way