Clockwork City brings more adventures, a trial, and subtle changes to how we play our characters on the Elder Scrolls Online. This topic will be reserved for how I play my Magblade, specifically in PvE content. I will provide a quick video on the key elements of the build at the bottom of this guide. I hope you enjoy and I look forward to any discussion this topic creates.
*This thread will be a work in progress. I will continue to flesh out more options in the future but will immediately contain the End Game PvE Build I use. In the hopes it will provide players with a viable build they can rely upon to complete said content.*
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
- Champion Points.
- Quick video.
Dark Elf passive are very conducive to the Magicka Nightblade class. Dynamic grants both magicka and stamina bonuses of 6%, coupled with Resist Flame, which grants an additional 3% max magicka, we get a total 9% max magick. Leaving us merely 1% short of Altmers 10% racial bonus. Destructive Ancestry passive buffs our flame, frost & shock damage 7/2/2 percent respectively.
Alternative races can include any that grant a bonus to max magicka.
5 Julianos, Moondancer Jewelry, 2 Valkyn Skoria. Vma Lightning staff. Moondancer Inferno.
For this build I decided to craft my 5 Julianos for my body (all light except a heavy chest), leaving my head (light) and shoulder (medium) slots free for the Valkyn Skoria monster set. Also allowing me to utilize both a Nirn VMA Lightning staff for my back bad and a Infused Moondancer Inferno staff for my front bar. All of my gear is divines with the exception of my chest piece. Which I choose Infused. This enables me to make use of the Undaunted passive that gives me max stats for each type of armor worn, for a maximum of 6% to each stat. All my gear is enchanted with max magicka glyphs. My jewerly is enchanted with Spell damage glyphs. My VMA staff has a Spell damage enchantment and there is a shock enchantment on my Moondancer inferno (The recent changes to VMA staves allow enchantments to be placed on them without affecting the Crushing wall enhancement. As vma staves are now considered 1 piece set items).
Merciless resolve, Funnel Health/Force Shock/Swallow Soul, Inner Light, Impale, Crippling Grasp. Elemental Rage.
Harness Magicka, Syphon Strikes, Inner Light, Twisted Path, Elemental Blockade. Soul Harvest.
*Will go into further detail on each skill as time allows*
IV. CHAMPION POINTS
Champion points are a big part of the way we can customize our builds to suit all varieties of content. For PvE Trials your cp allocation depends entirely on the content youre playing and how you approach it. As I use the exploiter passive (additional damage to off-balanced opponents) I must assign 75 points into Thaumaturge. Red CP differs dependent on the foes you face and green is personal preference that suits ones playstyle (i.e do you block or dodge or both). My distribution is as follows.
BLUE: 48 Elfborn, 49 Elemental Expert, 18 Spell Erosion, 40 Master-at-arms, 75 Thaumaturge.
RED: 40 Inronclad, 10 Spell Shield, 20 Light Armor Focus, 31 Thick Skinned, 49 Hardy, 49 Elemental Defender, 16 Bastion, 15 Quick Recovery (again, these are entirely dependent on the foes you face. AA has alot of magic damage whereas HRC has more physical)
GREEN: 31 Warlord, 3 Bashing Focus, 6 Sprinter, 75 Arcanist, 75 Tenacity, 20 Tumbling, 20 Shadow Ward.
Food/ Drink: To enhance our recovery I use Witchmother's potent brew typically but the build allows for either the Brew or max health/mag food. With a competitive group where a tank wears Ebon coupled with using Skoria we receive a additional 2000 max health. Oddly enough a competitive group also has support roles that not only supply max health but also bolster our recovery with skills like elemental drain, orbs and worm raiments. So typically in a inexperienced group I will use witchmothers but in select instances with experiences playes will use max health/mag.
Potions: Potions of Spell Power. These grant Major Intellect, Major Prophecy and Major Sorcery. Intellect increased mag recovery 20%, Prophecy increaces Spell Crit 2191 while also supplying 7582 magicka to our pool and Sorcery increased spell damage 20%. These are made with Corn flower, ladysmock and water hyacinthe.
VI. QUICK VIDEO
While this video has nothing not stated above. It is my hope to continue to detail this thread so that it can be a companion to the video and therefore provide the players that find it on yt with more insight if they so choose.