The Yolo Wizard - End Game PvE DPS Build

20-Aug-2016: Updated for Shadows of The Hist DLC

30-Oct-2016: Updated for One Tamriel

11-Feb-2017: Updated for Homestead

21-Feb-2017: Changed CP Distribution to Benefit From Exploiter Passive

26-Apr-2017: Swapped Over to Daedric Prey + Necropotence Set

Overview

The Magicka Sorcerer continues to outshine when it comes to ranged DPS. The ability to do comparable DPS to other melee damage dealers makes it a must have in any group that intends to do Trials. Very powerful in Dungeons and Arenas including Maelstrom. However, in case you are looking for Maelstrom build, this is not what you are looking for as this build is aimed towards group content with good group resource support. If you wanna make it work in Maelstrom you gotta make your adjustment to it :)

• Race
  • Attributes
  • Mundus Stone
  • Champion Points
  • Stats
  • Potion
  • Gear
  • Skills & Rotation
  • DPS Screenshots
  • YouTube

Race

Now that Dark Elf got buffed its probably your best choice as sorcerer, but doesn't mean High Elf is useless now. I even believe they might be both equally powerful.

Attributes

I have all my 64 attribute points into Magicka. and I barely hit the 17k hp. You might gonna need to invest some points into HP if you lack CP. usually 18k is high enough for end game content as a DD with low amount of CP and 17k hp if you have a decent amount of CP.

mundus stone

The Thief

Champion points

The Mage (You will need to have a group that uses Blocade of Storms to set mobs and bosses off balance)

• Elemental Expert : 98 points
  • Elfborn : 26 points
  • Thaumaturge: 75 points
  • Staff Expert: 1 point

The Thief

• Magician : 100 points
  • Arcanist : 100 points

The Warrior (depends on what you are doing)

Stats

Out of Combat

In Combat

Potion

I usually use Essence of Spell Power to buff myself with Major Sorcery which is very important for Damage Dealers, also to restore good amount of magicka back. The crit bonus is invalid because we have inner light which gives the exact same buff. Also make sure to have 3 skill points in Medical Use under Alchemy skill tree to increase the duration of the buff significantly.

Gear

Make sure to have 1 piece Heavy and 1 piece medium for benefit from the Undaunted Mettle passive which will increase your max stats by 6%. What you will need is:

• 5x Necropotence (Drops in Rivenspire)

• 2x Ilambris (Head drops in Crypts of Heart I)

• 3x Moondancer / Infallible Aether Jewelry (Moondancer drops in Maw of Lorkhaj, Infallible drops in AA/HRC/SO)

• 1x Moondancer / Infallible Aether Lighting Staff

• 1x Inferno Maelstrom Staff (Drops from Vet Maelstrom Arena)

Precise or sharpened?

Sharpened is way superior in casual group, and slightly superior in a really good group.

Double Inferno or Inferno/lightning?

Infero/Lighting all the way on bosses and on trash fights, this is due to the incredible amount of damage our pet can produce. With that our dps from AOE abilities is substantially high therefore Lighting is more beneficial on main bar

Why no more Burning spellweave?

Necroptence outperforms BSW while you have pet running and using Daedric Prey which get boosts pets damage quite ridiculously high in raids. However, we will still need BSW in some fights that is not good for pets.

skills & rotation

Single target bars (with shield)

Bar 1

1. Mages' Wrath: Your powerful execute, not as powerful as Jesus Beam or Impale sadly.
  2. Force Pulse: Main Single target spam ability.
  3. Crystal Fragments: A no brainer, this bad boy can crit for 50k+.
  4. Volatile Familiar: This little thing can do a really good amount of damage in single target fight and VERY good AOE. If fight doesn't fit this pet replace with Bound Aegis
  5. Inner Light: 10% more crit and 5% more magicka. (and 2% more from passives)
  6. Shooting Star: We are using this on bosses only.

Bar 2

1. Liquid Lightning: One of the most powerful DoT in the game. It does insane amount of damage and must be up all the time in single target and AoE situations.
  2. Daedric Prey: Buffs the hell out of your pet making it deal so much more DPS.
  3. Elemental Blockade: One of the strongest abilities in the game for Magicka users, a must use for AOE and single target.
  5. Empowered Ward: Cheap damage shield that provide Minor Intellect to your group. Pretty handy
  6. Fiery Rage: Insanely powerful ultimate on trash, it has more tooltip damage than meteor but costs more. Thats why we don't use it on bosses mostly.

As for rotation it is as following:

Potion > Shooting Star > Liquid Lightning > LA > Elemental Blockade > LA > Pet Pulse > LA > Curse > Swap > LA > Force Pulse > LA > Crystal Frags (when proced) ..... and repeat

In case you are fighting a boss that spawns more than 2 adds occasionally you can keep your dots up (Blockade and liquid) and heavy attack with lightning staff. The splash damage from it will be enough to deal with them.

Single target bars (without shield)

This bar setup was inspired by Senaxu, stack as much magicka as possible on main bar. Had pretty good results with it.

DPS parses

Zhaj'hassa The Forgotten

Spoiler:

The Mage

Spoiler:

Rakkhat

Spoiler:

Possessed Mantikora

Spoiler:

Youtube

Zhaj'hassa The Forgotten

The Mage

Rakkhat

About Yolo-Wizard:

Yolo-Wizard hasn't shared anything about themselves.

Yolo-Wizard

Apologies for the laziness in copying some stuff from my Overload build, I did not feel like writing the same thing again :D

Server: PC Europe

Guild: Hodor – Ebonheart Pact

The Yolo Wizard Magicka Sorcerer DPS Overload Build

The Yolo Wizard Magicka v2 Sorcerer DPS Non Overload Build

Stamblade Rampage – Stamina Nightblade PVE DPS Build

Youtube Channel:

Hizztko

Well, very nice update.

If i can ask you Yolo, what about vMA for the next patch ? do you think Sorc will be still competitive with defensive/surge nerf ?

Thanks.

Server: Europe PCGuild: Escouade SauavageChar: Shaldinx

Not on-topic per se, but what is the name of the addon used to display damage breakdown under the sub-heading of Stats - in combat? It looks pretty comprehensive.

VosTelvannis

Latin wrote on May 17, 2016

Not on-topic per se, but what is the name of the addon used to display damage breakdown under the sub-heading of Stats – in combat? It looks prettycomprehensive.

Combat metrics

Smajestic

thx for the build, that's give a little hope for sorcerer

Valrien

Interesting choice with the lightning staff. Also very good for me since I actually HAVE a lightning staff. I still need to grind scathing though...

SIDE NOTE: I wouldn't take off Inner Light since you wouldn't have the crit buff (even if you had potions for it, unless they fixed that bug where bar crit buffs override potions)

Characters: Valrien Dravic (Dunmer Magicka Sorcerer)

Scores: vMA (499,956) (Probably Null Now)

Nosferatuzod

Member2010 Posts
    Valrien wrote on May 17, 2016

SIDE NOTE: I wouldn’t take off Inner Light since you wouldn’t have the crit buff (even if you had potions for it, unless they fixed that bug where bar crit buffs override potions)

Seems to be fixed in DB

Nosferatuzod

Member2010 Posts
    Yolo-Wizard wrote on May 16, 2016

Hey wouldnt 5 piece moondancerr be better than 2 kena + willpower? seems like your kena uptime is only 52%

Valrien

Nosferatuzod wrote on May 17, 2016

Valrien said on May 17, 2016 :

Seems to be fixed in DB

I'll have to look at that. That's been limiting some of the build ideas I've been having lately.

Characters: Valrien Dravic (Dunmer Magicka Sorcerer)

Scores: vMA (499,956) (Probably Null Now)

Vezuls

Nosferatuzod wrote on May 17, 2016

Yolo-Wizard said on May 16, 2016 :

Wouldn't that depend on how often you get the correct buff from Moondancer?

Has anyone even gotten a perfect 5pc Moondancer to test, because I am interested in seeing how it'd perform.

Nosferatuzod

Member2010 Posts
    Vezuls wrote on May 17, 2016

Nosferatuzod said on May 17, 2016 :

Wouldn’t that depend on how often you get the correct buff from Moondancer?

Has anyone even gotten a perfect 5pc Moondancer to test, because I am interested in seeing how it’d perform.

If You get regen, you can just resynergize.

Yolo-Wizard

Hizztko wrote on May 16, 2016

Well, very nice update.

Thanks.

Shouldn't really change much since the heal can also proc from dots (liquid lightning), plus you will have healing ward so you should be fine

Valrien wrote on May 17, 2016

In AOE there is nothing to spam on second bar so losing 10% crit chance while applying dots is not a DPS loss, having execute is more beneficial. And no the bug is still there @Nosferatuzod

Nosferatuzod wrote on May 17, 2016

Yolo-Wizard said on May 16, 2016 :

Usually it isn't that low, but iirc that fight I had problems with my magicka and couldn't synergies orbs so I switch to medium weaves. I had runs with really good sustain doing 36-37k till enrage but something fucks up and I die xD

And Moondancer can be good yes, but not dropping Kena for it because usually can sustain myself with our awesome healers. I just need second Moondancer sword in precise so I can go 3x jewelry and 2x Swords and use synergy when swapping to apply Liquid Lightning.

Server: PC Europe

Guild: Hodor – Ebonheart Pact

The Yolo Wizard Magicka Sorcerer DPS Overload Build

The Yolo Wizard Magicka v2 Sorcerer DPS Non Overload Build

Stamblade Rampage – Stamina Nightblade PVE DPS Build

Youtube Channel:

rudach

Hi !

I have appreciated the v1 ! Thanx for that !

My main DK isn't happy since your post ! ^^

But I have a question for v2:

I haven't Maelstrom and Helm Kena, Twice-born star or Julianos is always best ?

(sorry, I'm french and english is basic. ^^)

Nosferatuzod

Member2010 Posts
    Yolo-Wizard wrote on May 19, 2016

Hizztko said on May 16, 2016 :

Well, very nice update.

Thanks.

Shouldn’t really change much since the heal can also proc from dots (liquid lightning), plus you will have healing ward so you should be fine

Valrien said on May 17, 2016 :

Nosferatuzod said on May 17, 2016 :

Usually it isn’t that low, but iirc that fight I had problems with my magicka and couldn’t synergies orbs so I switch to medium weaves. I had runs with really good sustain doing 36-37k till enrage but something fucks up and I die xD

1. So if the bug is still there you feel that it is still worth it to take off Inner Light?

2.Yeah Kena with Moondancer would probably be the BiS for your playstyle.

Chromozon

What's the name of the addon displayed in your Rakkhat parse?

Yolo-Wizard

rudach wrote on May 19, 2016

Hi !

I have appreciated the v1 ! Thanx for that !

My main DK isn’t happy since your post ! ^^

But I have a question for v2:

I haven’t Maelstrom and Helm Kena, Twice-born star or Julianos is always best ?

(sorry, I’m french and english is basic. ^^)

You can use Nerien'eth instead of Kena, or Torugs pieces and staff. TBS is better for raids usually, but if you are playing casually go with Julianos.

Nosferatuzod wrote on May 19, 2016

Yolo-Wizard said on May 19, 2016 :

2.Yeah Kena with Moondancer would probably be the BiS for your playstyle.

1. In AOE yes because nothing to spam on second bar, execute can help a bit

2. Can't wait to try it ^^ and yeah thanks for pointing out that you can resynergys it. Wasn't aware of that :D

Chromozon wrote on May 19, 2016

What’s the name of the addon displayed in your Rakkhat parse?

Combat Metric

Server: PC Europe

Guild: Hodor – Ebonheart Pact

The Yolo Wizard Magicka Sorcerer DPS Overload Build

The Yolo Wizard Magicka v2 Sorcerer DPS Non Overload Build

Stamblade Rampage – Stamina Nightblade PVE DPS Build

Youtube Channel:

rudach

Thanks Yolo .

RlyDontKnow

Nice writeup. I've been running something very similar for a while now (with TBS as I had no luck with drops in vICP and simply gave up for now) with pretty good results. I would recommend to slightly adjust the rotation, however:

For AoE: (Potion >) (Boundless Storm >) Liquid Lightning > Proxy Det > LA > Elemental Blockade > LA > Shooting Star > Spam Pulsar ….. and repeat

Swapping Proxy Det and Liquid Lightning should give a better overall uptime as your dots will both end together with Kena.

For Single-Target:

(Potion >) Boundless Storm > Liquid Lightning > LA > Elemental Blockade > LA > Shooting Star > Force Pulse/Frags spam... > LA > Liquid Lightning > LA Elemental Blockade > MA > Shooting Star > MA > Force Pulse/Frags...

You can do the first light weave to proc kena while swapping to the back bar and the second one while swapping back as long as you only cast one skill on the back bar which should be the case if you don't have to cast boundless storm getting you one MA instead of LA.

Yolo-Wizard

RlyDontKnow wrote on May 21, 2016

Nice writeup. I’ve been running something very similar for a while now (with TBS as Ihad no luckwith drops in vICP and simply gave up for now) with pretty good results. I would recommend to slightly adjust the rotation, however:

Swapping Proxy Det and Liquid Lightningshould give a better overall uptime as your dots will both endtogether with Kena.

For Single-Target:

(Potion >) Boundless Storm > Liquid Lightning > LA > Elemental Blockade > LA > Shooting Star > Force Pulse/Frags spam… > LA > Liquid Lightning > LA Elemental Blockade > MA > Shooting Star > MA > Force Pulse/Frags…

Youcan do the first light weave to proc kena while swapping to the back bar and the second one while swapping back as long as you only cast one skill on the back bar which should be the case if you don’t have to cast boundless stormgetting you one MA instead of LA.

I agree with the AOE part :P

But for the LA v MA I'm not sure about, sure MA can definitely work but playing with lag will make it harder to perfect which is why I've switched to LA all the way.

Server: PC Europe

Guild: Hodor – Ebonheart Pact

The Yolo Wizard Magicka Sorcerer DPS Overload Build

The Yolo Wizard Magicka v2 Sorcerer DPS Non Overload Build

Stamblade Rampage – Stamina Nightblade PVE DPS Build

Youtube Channel:

RlyDontKnow

Yolo-Wizard wrote on May 24, 2016

But for the LA v MA I’m not sure about, sure MA can definitely work but playing with lag will make it harder to perfect which is why I’ve switched to LA all the way.

Interesting - I personally found it easier to MA than LA when lag builds up, but ymmv I guess.

In that case, though: you could swap your staves and swap Elemental Blockade with Mage's Wrath (or Liquid Lightning or Boundless Storm - doesn't really matter in the end). That way you'd get increased damage from your LAs due to the Energized passive and would get 2% more spell power on your front bar at the expense of 2% spell power on your back bar (aka you'll hit slightly less during execute, but more during the rest of the fight which should result in an overall DPS increase). Similarly you could swap it with Liquid Lightning or Boundless Storm for the AoE bar for the same tradeoff, however in that case you'll simply gain damage as you don't hit things on the back bar, anyway.