I’m not home. Today my job is all boring training…with that all said…I am wondering how’s the New Life Festival going? Who likes it, who doesn’t? Whats the best rewards you received and or have seen? *SPOILER ALERT*
- The quests seem meh. Too much forced frivolity, especially if one is to keep repeating them.
- Picking up the quests and getting the XP bonus are not the same thing. They just happen w/in a couple of meters of each other, and the name “Breda” is involved in both.
- I suspect that the timer for the XP boost is on a real-world clock, whether or not your specific character is logged in.
- The closest wayshrine is actually south of Windhelm — Kynesomethingorother. If you Travel To Eastmarch via your guild or whatever, there’s a ood chance you’ll end up right there.
There are 9 quests overall. You’ll have to travel a lot to many different places.
- The activities are pretty “meh” but might be fun with a group of close friends.
- You’ll encounter lagging and maybe even a few crashes due to a million players being present at the same spot (first time ESO crashed for me)
- You can only repeat these 9 quests every 24 hours. I only got very lame rewards so far. So it seems like this event is very grindy and slow.
The new armour style looks really cool. The unique, orange coloured mementos are also fun but hard to get. Overall I think this even isn’t as fun as the Witches festival but the rewards are better and more interesting. But also way harder and slower to acquire.
Prepare for repeating the same quests over and over for a few days to get everything or you could spend an incredible amount of money to buy them from others.
- This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by Tacobuster.
1) You mean if it’s worth doing for the story or for the experience of the whole festival? No not really. It’s worth doing once or atleats do the first 2-3 missions (you get them in random orders) but if you are not into the rewards then you’ll get unmotivated pretty fast imo.
2) Yeah I just finished my second run today. I enjoyed it more this time (didn’t rush so much and less players to kill the servers) I’ll continue doing the missions until I get everything.
- This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by Tacobuster.
I’m not finding it a lot of fun. So far either the quests are trivially easy, or else the only difficulty is the presence of hordes of other players, or else the difficulty is that there’s a time challenge.
I haven’t done them all yet, but of the ones I have, only one has a humor/cuteness/whatever element strong enough to be worth it. (The mudball one.)
For me, Guild Wars is still the gold standard of memorable holiday events, e.g. the dwarf king giving you one of the pieces for the magic snowman (I think it was the corncob pipe rather than the two eyes made out of coal), or the priestesses caroling
“Don we now our scant apparel, fa la la, …
“More skin makes for better carols, fa la la …
- This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by FrancisCrawford.
My wife pointed something out.
- The Khajiit celebration involves picking three locks.
- Suppose you only pick two, and fail; then you can try again.
- You get Legerdemain for each one you pick. (Plus a bit of XP.)
Now, I have a bug whereby I have to log in and out between retries. But if you don’t have that bug, then that competition is a way to grind unlimited legerdemain, quickly. Sure, you need lockpicks; but if you don’t already have many stacks of them, they can be bought cheaply in Outlaw Refuges and the like.
- This reply was modified 1 month ago by FrancisCrawford.
Total Posts: 775
The Ebon Raiders
The event, IMO, isn’t as good as the Witches Festival.
I can understand a repeatable quest (or 9 in this case) but the constant traveling between Point A to Point B back to Point A gets really old really fast, to say nothing of the constant moving involved with the majority of the quests themselves. This is actually pretty problematic as well as it just causes so much lag from having so many people gathered in the exact same area all doing the same quests as you and with the removal of Alliance Barriers, you literally have the ENTIRE server going to this quest giver for the festival.
The XP buff also seems to be much more of a hassle as you need to constantly port back to Eastmarch to refresh it instead of it being with you at all times. Makes it very tedious to use for Grinding purposes and feels more like something you’d do just while participating in the event quests.
The rewards are pretty much the same type of rewards you got from the Witches Festivals, in that you can get motif pages, recipes or collectable items (2 hats, an “outfit” and a memento in the case of the New Life Festival) so really nothing to speak of, unless you like looking like a Sumo Wrestler with the Bath Towel outfit.
The Quests are also nothing to write home about, ranging from mindnumbingly simple to just being tedious. Light some Braziers for Redguards, Catch some fish for Argonians, Cannonball into Water for Nords, pick the lock on 3 chests for the Khajiit, Dance and Entertain for the Dunmer and Bretons, Donate gold and kill some bugs for the Altmer, Gather ingredients and share a feast with the Orcs, and Throw mudballs at people for the Bosmer. (Mudball one is actually pretty fun I’ll admit and I’m glad they made them into a memento so you can actually enjoy it with other players, if you can get the memento that is).
Idk, I’m just not a fan of this event all that much.
I agree with almost all of the previous comment. Even so, I’m using the festival as an easy way to get quest XP. 5 quests in 20-30 minutes while I have Enlightenment gives serious progress to underleveled skills or skill lines.
I have a Level 50 Redguard DK who has neither heavy armor nor S&B maxed out. I’m using the festival to fix that, at least the first one. And if I get some useful recipes along the way, great.
After re-reading everyone’s input I have to concur with the public view. The New Life Festival was disappointing… the positives for me was the bonus XP; I went from 385 Champion Points (CP) to 446 CP without grinding SkyReach and the new recipes. But the motifs, accessories, and other rewards are trash.
Total Posts: 3
The new life festival was amazing when I just started it, but after that it just became a very annoying grind. What bugged me- lack of quests, only getting a couple gift boxes then having to wait till the next day, players selling recipes for 90k when after the festival they will be worth 3-5k, and finally, the drop rate for good recipes were terrible…. went 3 days completing the quest then switching characters and still couldn’t get the fish eye recipe, finally bought it for 89k
You are not currently logged in. You must log in before replying to this topic.