When Homestead drops, it will be important to do “maximum tier” crafting writs. In the cases of Blacksmithing, Clothier, Woodworking and Enchanting, it’s obvious what this means:
- The first passive skill has 10 levels. (That’s the one that determines which material you can use.)
- The tier of your writ is the same as your level in that first passive.
But things aren’t that simple in Alchemy and Provisioning, and there’s no obvious way to explain what I’ve experienced. I’m looking for a way to reliably get max-tier writs in those crafts; I don’t know how; I don’t even know for sure what the max tiers are.
I have two characters on whom I’m observing stuff, both Level 50/CP >500. The first one:
- Has every Alchemy passive maxed out except Snakeblood.
- Has every Provisioning passive maxed out except Connoisseur.
- Always gets alchemy writs asking for “Essence” potions (those are CP 150 items).
- Has 2 Tier VII Alchemy reward containers saved since the Homestead news came out.
- Sees some back and forth in which provisioning items the writs ask for (please see details below).
- Has 1 Tier VI and 1 Tier VII provisioning reward container saved.
I took the second character through an exercise in which he accepted crafting quests, abandoned them, upped his investment in the crafts’ main skill lines by 1 point, and then took new quests. Besides those investments, he only had Medicinal Use in Alchemy and Hireling in Provisioning.
- Everything seemed fine through 10 tiers in Enchanting, 8 tiers in Alchemy, and 6 in Provisioning (except for the still-present bug that quest text says you should turn in stuff in Orsinium that really goes to Belkarth).
- But at that point he had an alchemy writ asking for a “Panacea”. So I added a point in Chemistry, and he got a new quest asking for an “Essence”.
- His Provisioning quest requested items from the CP 150 list.
Provisioning items lists
One set of items for Provisioning writs are CP 150 consumables, namely:
- Lilmoth Garlic Hagfish, Hagraven Tonic
- Firsthold Fruit & Cheese, Muthsera’s Remorse
Hearty Garlic Chowder, Markath Mead
The other is lower-CP:
- Fresh Apples & Eidar Cheese, Khenarthi’s Wings Chai
- Pickled Carrot Slurry, Arenthian Brandy
- Argonian Saddle-Cured Rabbit, Sipping Imga Tonic
Any clarity would be much appreciated.
- This topic was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by FrancisCrawford.
The provisioning part could, I guess, just be a bug that has returned.
Meanwhile, http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Provisioner_Writ suggests there are only 6 tiers of Provisioning writ. Maybe my Provisioner’s Pakcs that say VI and VII are both “max tier”? Yeah, right …
http://benevolentbowd.ca/games/esotu/esotu-alchemist-writs/#writ8 suggests that there are 8 levels of Alchemy writs, in the logical way.
But while I’ve been doing what seem like Tier 8 writs, my rewards seem to have been Tier 7.
Opening one of the reward “Vessel”s didn’t really help, as the contents are pretty much the same for Tiers 7 and 8.
Stockpiling reward boxes before Homestead drops will NOT work, according to official word. Oh well.
Total Posts: 7
That bug did not return. It was in game since release of One Tamriel, reported on PTS back then and its still not fixed.
You are not currently logged in. You must log in before replying to this topic.