NOTICE: I have posted a video on YouTube that gives an extended, verbal explanation of the information seen here, as well as another side project while I sit and watch you guys bring in incredible works of art! Go take a look: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dLekfVpw3E
I have seen hundreds of creative comments from all over Tamriel Foundry, and, more specifically, my own threads encouraging creativity. And, now, I want everyone that has either posted on these threads, or are a new thinker on TF, to gather together and make something happen!
If you have seen my threads, you may know who I am. I am a person of great imagination; a thinker. I made threads that were meant to bring out the creativity of the community, and with inspiring results. I am also a person of humor, music, and the unknown. I admire artists, musicians, songwriters, authors, writers, and thinkers of all kinds. Now, the time has come…
This is my largest project yet, as the most inspiring or creative pieces will be featured in a video that I myself will e-mail to both Zenimax and Bethesda! So, now, the details:
- Make a piece of art, writing, or music that is original and fits within the Elder Scrolls Universe. The challenge is to research ALL aspects of the lore, and create something that not only is not found in any of the Elder Scrolls games (It can be something mentioned in a book in-game, mentioned by the writers themselves, or completely new (i.e. something that fits the lore, but has never been mentioned or thought up by the writers)). This includes things like were-beasts that have no physical (or written, perhaps) representation in the Elder Scrolls games, races that do not exist in the current lore, and locations or new lands that have only been mentioned in books and/or fan fiction.
There are exceptions to the rule above: things like Argonians in modern clothing, sabre cats on leashes, or Santa Claus outfits on Altmer can also be made. Just don’t expect the picture to be listed as a major feature, but instead an “honorable mention”.
- Post the piece in this thread, or any of my other threads, which I will give links to after the instructions. You could also send me a personal message, or e-mail me at [email protected]. This will insure that your piece will be noticed.
- After this thread reaches a threshold, I will be going through all of my threads, and picking out the ones I think are very inspiring or creative, and post them in another thread. In that thread, I will have the community vote for their favorites. I will choose a total of 15-25 different pieces out of the ones in the vote, as well as returning to my old threads and picking out the honorable mentions.
- If you would like, ask me about my progress once the voting is complete. A pure quality video usually takes 2-4 weeks, perhaps months, to develop and edit. This video will be e-mailed to Zenimax and Bethesda once uploaded on YouTube and revealed to the public.
Remember, show your support by giving me ideas for any other topics I should discuss (but PM these ideas, okay. I don’t want to have this entire thread filled with future topics or random posts). Also, visit my YouTube channels and give your support there as well. And, don’t forget, send those great ideas!
Also, be sure to look at my Fan Fiction project, Elder Scrolls: Anomaly:
- This topic was modified 1 year ago by Lunis. Reason: Special Update!
Great to see such an ambitious project! Hopefully many creative people find their way here.
I will break the thread ice with a couple poems. One detailing the exploits an Argonian Bard has in Leyawiin. The other a Black Marsh Lullaby.
Sorry it took so long, I was waiting for the massive wave of works before I responded to anyone. These poems were actually very creative, but I was hoping for something (ex. a drawing) that covered a topic mentioned or otherwise unheard of in Elder Scrolls lore. Something related to Akavir could work…
Ah I see, I guess I misinterpreted what you were asking for
If I do any drawings of such things, I will send them your way!
More than a week goes by, and now, I feel that my hope in the community has faded. It really is a disappointment, I had faith in everyone’s creativity. I’m starting to consider scrapping the project next week if nothing happens. Really guys, I had high hopes in you all, and I am met with only a blank stare.
I’m sorry guys, but you let me down…
Good news! I’m extending this project! I have to thank Chris Leonard for linking a good piece of work! He doubled up to get this writing released, so, here you guys are. Thank you, Chris! Keep up the good work!
Just FYI: It might be just me/my comp, but the link (Ravka Zur) is leading to ˝Google drive You need permission…˝ (whateverThatMeans) message.
PS Shame that one can generate lots of hits/responses by, say, trolling/flaming or just talking nonsense (people are much more likely to respond to that, showing how smart & informed they are), while silent things like this…
- This reply was modified 11 months, 1 week ago by JamesGoblin.
Edit: It should be fixed now. Thanks for pointing it out, James!
- This reply was modified 11 months, 1 week ago by Lunis.
…(clicks the link) What is this? No pictures?? Pictures! I want pictures!!
On a serious note, after reading I can understand better why ESO was rated M. But I am actually pretty much clueless about it´s lore, I´m coming from the ´other side´ of the game, MMO (mostly PvP). My lore concerns are as shallow as, say, whether Falmer Necromancer will be playable race/class or not @ some point, ˝forbidden˝ dragons bosses and such. But this is offtopic, TLDR: link now works as intended.
Total Posts: 51
You are not currently logged in. You must log in before replying to this topic.