[2.4] Stamblade Rampage – Stamina Nightbalde PVE Build (40k+ DPS)

1. Member Avatar
    celestius

Adept

Total Posts: 111

another question for yall (@Yolo-Wizard @Jeckll) in regards to the rotation: “Potion > Relentless > Trap > Endless Hail > Poison Injection > Swap > Rapid > Rendering Slashes > Rapid > Dawnbreaker > Spam Rapid till Assassin’s Scourge proc and reapply > Rapid > Swap > Trap > Endless Hail > Poison Injection > Swap > ….. and repeat”

are you only swapping after the full 20s duration of relentless focus and proccing the spectral bow?  If so wouldn’t you be losing dps since the 20s buff is a bit longer than the durations of trap beast, endless hail, and poison injection?  Or are you doing your rapid strikes spam til the moment the bow can proc and then switching earlier than the 20s?  I have been struggling with this lately because there is an awkward amount of time left on relentless focus if I am trying to swap to keep trap beast up 100% of the time after the 12s duration.

also, do you apply light attacks between the trap beast > endless hail > poison injection part?  It always feels super clunky for me especially with the way endless hail is ground casted and kind of laggy it seems.

Last question: I still haven’t been able to complete vMSA for my maelstrom weapons.  Is there a normal mode and can I still get cp160 weapons from normal?  Or do I have to get the hardest solo dungeon on farm before I can do competitive dps in groups / trials? :)

As always, thanks in advance!

-Celestius

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by Profile photo of celestius celestius.
  2. Profile Photo
    Jeckll

Grandmaster

Total Posts: 2434

Redguard Nightblade

celestius said on August 29, 2016 :

another question for yall (@Yolo-Wizard @Jeckll) in regards to the rotation: “Potion > Relentless > Trap > Endless Hail > Poison Injection > Swap > Rapid > Rendering Slashes > Rapid > Dawnbreaker > Spam Rapid till Assassin’s Scourge proc and reapply > Rapid > Swap > Trap > Endless Hail > Poison Injection > Swap > ….. and repeat”

are you only swapping after the full 20s duration of relentless focus and proccing the spectral bow? If so wouldn’t you be losing dps since the 20s buff is a bit longer than the durations of trap beast, endless hail, and poison injection? Or are you doing your rapid strikes spam til the moment the bow can proc and then switching earlier than the 20s? I have been struggling with this lately because there is an awkward amount of time left on relentless focus if I am trying to swap to keep trap beast up 100% of the time after the 12s duration.

also, do you apply light attacks between the trap beast > endless hail > poison injection part? It always feels super clunky for me especially with the way endless hail is ground casted and kind of laggy it seems.

Last question: I still haven’t been able to complete vMSA for my maelstrom weapons. Is there a normal mode and can I still get cp160 weapons from normal? Or do I have to have to hardest solo dungeon on farm before I can do competitive dps in groups / trials?

As always, thanks in advance!

-Celestius

I use Assassin’s Scourge every time I swap back to my DW Bar.
    I swap back to bow 2-3s before Poison Injection runs out.
    I apply Light Attacks in between bow skills to proc the Hawk Eye passive.
    If you Light Attack correctly on the bow bar, you can use Assassin’s Scourge every time you swap back to Dual Wield and do 1 RS+Rending Slashes.
    You dont need MSA Weapons to complete vMSA (that would be funny, wouldnt it) so yes: basically you have to farm vMSA for the best possible raid setup.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by Profile photo of Jeckll Jeckll.

Player: @Jeckll || Guild: Chimaira – Raidgroup Hydra || Server: EU

3. Profile Photo
    Yolo-Wizard

Adept

Total Posts: 221

Altmer Sorcerer

Hodor

^^

This

4. Profile Photo
    Matezon

Apprentice

Total Posts: 31

Redguard Sorcerer

Help me understand something with the weaving (Im a medium weaver since for some reason this works alot better for me, I miss the weave alot when I try to light weave)

But for example of my rotation: Heavy/light attack > skill & and instantly start holding for a new medium weave and then cancel it with a skill (repeat), shouldnt this be more dmg output?

Why the light weaving, is it more time efficient on the animation canceling or is it becouse of light>skill>block rotation? (is that what you are doing on the bow bar?)
    >rapid>swap>light>trap>block>light>hail>block>light>poison>swap etc 

And I just came back after 1 year break, what has happened with the weaving… It feels “out of sync/clutchy” compared to what it used to.
    Any light weave tip I should take on suprise/rapid?

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by Profile photo of Matezon Matezon.
  5. Member Avatar
    CultOfMMO

Scamp

Total Posts: 3

HEY! @Yolo-Wizard @Jeckll

Awesome to see solid info on a competitive stamblade build. Couple of question if you don’t mind answering:

I’m running 5 TBS/NMG with 5 VO and vMA axe/dagger both precise, and I have a set of heavy/light mephala for undaunted mettle. Would you recommend using that over 5 VO? I still have 3 pc bonus from VO.

Also, how would you tweak your gear/cp to accomodate precise weapons? Do i need to heavily invest in piercing to make it work? I’m cp 335 but you can give me a 531 template if thats easier

If this is relevant at all, my regular trial grp prob keeps warhorn up 1/3 to 1/2 of the time, no NMG unless i wear, no alkosh, no sunderflame

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by Profile photo of CultOfMMO CultOfMMO.
  6. Profile Photo
    Jeckll

Grandmaster

Total Posts: 2434

Redguard Nightblade

CultOfMMO said on September 12, 2016 :

Awesome to see solid info on a competitive stamblade build. Couple of question if you don’t mind answering:

I’m running 5 TBS/NMG with 5 VO and vMA axe/dagger both precise, and I have a set of heavy/light mephala for undaunted mettle. Would you recommend using that over 5 VO? I still have 3 pc bonus from VO.

Also, how would you tweak your gear/cp to accomodate precise weapons? Do i need to heavily invest in piercing to make it work? I’m cp 335 but you can give me a 531 template if thats easier

If this is relevant at all, my regular trial grp prob keeps warhorn up 1/3 to 1/2 of the time, no NMG unless i wear, no alkosh, no sunderflame

You might have to run 5/1/1 with NMG depending on the trial you are raiding. If I have to run NMG, I use 7 medium for everything but Rakkhat. I just feel too squishy below 17k HP (+ Warhorn + Ebon).

For a specific CP Layout, I suggest using this Website of @Asayre. You will probably have some extra points in piercing, but it’s hard to say with your CP amount. For optimal performance, you would have to have a setup for TBS and another for NMG as your stats will be quite different.

Player: @Jeckll || Guild: Chimaira – Raidgroup Hydra || Server: EU

7. Member Avatar
    celestius

Adept

Total Posts: 111

CultOfMMO said on September 12, 2016 :

If it was me I would run 5 hundings 3 VO 2 maelstrom 2 velidreth.  the velidreth 2 piece should give you more dps than the mephala 2 piece.  The reason I say hundings is because unless I am seriously wrong (which I don’t think so) based on my calculations if you have 1/3 to 1/2 uptime on warhorn, TBS is not better than hundings in this case.  Also, I am not sure but you would have to calculate how much dps increase you are getting from maelstrom weapons, but 5200 armor pen from sharpened should be like a 10% damage increase and precise weapons gold give 7% crit which is more like a 3% damage increase so you are losing 7% damage just by having the inferior trait.  You probably are getting a lot from the maelstrom passives though so I am unsure.  I don’t think you can just say “offset with CP” either because if you drop CP into armor pen then you have an opportunity cost of DPS in flat damage from mighty or otherwise.

Everyone can feel free to disagree though, I am pretty confident in the calculations and have seen the evidence from my parses as well.

8. Profile Photo
    osmiumbin

Expert

Total Posts: 277

Redguard Nightblade

I’ve noticed that Relentless Focus only procs once while active, so the question is, should i renew it with every rotation (of about 10-11 seconds) or should i wait for the 20 seconds to pass? Renewing it every 10 seconds seems a bit of a dps loss but it might compensate with the proc… what are your thoughts?

I would cry but i can’t stop laughing.

9. Member Avatar
    dooderrr

Adept

Total Posts: 122

Dunmer Nightblade

osmiumbin said on October 15, 2016 :

I’ve noticed that Relentless Focus only procs once while active, so the question is, should i renew it with every rotation (of about 10-11 seconds) or should i wait for the 20 seconds to pass? Renewing it every 10 seconds seems a bit of a dps loss but it might compensate withthe proc… what are your thoughts?

As part of your rotation use it when you swap back to dw bar and reapply. If you weave correctly you will hAve it ready and use it at that time. More than anything, it is important to stick to a consistent rotation.

10. Member Avatar
    MaKTaiL

Scamp

Total Posts: 5

Hi, my build is really close to yours. I’m using the exact same skills but a totally different gear set. They are easier to acquire and it comes close to yours damage wise. This could be a nice temporary/alternative build while people struggle to get the Maelstrom weapons/Trial gear to build yours. What do you think? PS.: I switch rearming trap to the first bar and Relentless focus to the second. Rearming trap gives me a little bit more weapon power from the Fighter’s Guild passive.

1- 5 Night’s Mother (2 daggers + 3 gears)
    2- 2 Velidreth Monster Set
    3- 5 Briarheart (2 gear + rings and necklace)

This is what I get unbuffed. I don’t have a buffed picture just yet but I’ll update this post when I get it. Briarheart gives me 492 weapon damage 95% of the time and it heals me a little. I also get more weapon power from Major Brutality. What do you think?

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by Profile photo of MaKTaiL MaKTaiL.
  11. Profile Photo
    Psiberzerker

Legend

Total Posts: 7873

Orc Nightblade

What do you think of Surprise Attack for a spamable?  It’s fast, so cancels quickly, and moves on to the rest of the rotation… (Alos causes Major Fracture like Ransack without Taunting, since you’re not the Tank.)  Whereas Rapid Strikes does a lot of damage quickly, but has a longer animation.  It cancels the last one, but then gets me stuck, and interruptable (It’s possible I’m not weaving it right) which is why I use Rending Slashes instead.  This does the bonus damage in the beginning, not the end, and doesn’t slow down my progession as much.

However, I play more Combos than a full bar/swap rotation.  Tap/slash/tap instead of running through the same few skills in order, so I can react to changes in the battlefield conditions more readily without interruption.  I hate having to Block, and cut off the final payoff from Rapid Strikes, like I usually do.  (Or kiters just back out of Reach before the last hit.  It’s quite possible that I’m just doing it wrong.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by Profile photo of Psiberzerker Psiberzerker.

Everything above is likely Opinion, and/or subject to change. 

I mostly play ”Gofasta” Orcish berserkers in Red armor.  (Alluding to WH40K.)

12. Member Avatar
    Rumpie

Scamp

Total Posts: 1

What do you mean by bar 1 and bar 2 in the build?

13. Profile Photo
    Shiro

Adept

Total Posts: 160

Altmer

Rumpie said on November 27, 2017 :

What do you mean by bar 1 and bar 2 in the build?

….you know that this thread is over a year old?

14. Member Avatar
    Latin

Total Posts: 1195

Imperial

Locked to prevent further necro. If the OP wishes to update the thread for the current patch, please pm me and I will unlock.

e pluribus unum

Reply To "[2.4] Stamblade Rampage – Stamina Nightbalde PVE Build (40k+ DPS)"

The topic “[2.4] Stamblade Rampage – Stamina Nightbalde PVE Build (40k+ DPS)” is closed to new replies.