[2.4] Stamblade Rampage – Stamina Nightbalde PVE Build (40k+ DPS)

1. Profile Photo
    Yolo-Wizard

Adept

Total Posts: 221

Altmer Sorcerer

Hodor

Changelog

Spoiler:

14-Jul-2016: Added video of Serpent’s Fight.

Overview

Strong, powerful, reliable all of these are terms are applied to the Stamina Nightbalde in PVE. Highly approved damage dealer in all Trials including Vet Maw of Lorkhaj and Vet Sanctum Ophidia with a badass badge!. This bad boy can do 40k+ DPS on all bosses in this game (possibly even 50k).

This build is made by Yolo Wizard & Selawa. Also special thanks to Alcast for sharing the build through his YouTube channel

• Race
    • Attributes
    • Mundus Stone
    • Champion Points
    • Stats
    • Potion
    • Gear
    • Skills & Rotation
    • DPS Screenshots
    • YouTube

Race

Khajiit is an absolute master race for all stam classes. Specially with the upcoming buff of max stamina. I wouldn’t even recommend any other race since Khajiit is just perfect for it.

Attributes

I have all my 64 attribute points into Stamina. and I barely hit the 17k hp. You might gonna need to invest some points into HP if you lack CP. usually 18k is high enough for end game content as a DD with low amount of CP and 17k hp if you have a decent amount of CP.

mundus stone

The Thief + The Shadow

Champion points

The Mage

• Mighty : 80 points
    • Precise Strikes : 77 points
    • Thaumaturge: 10 points

The Thief

• Warlord : 100 points
    • Mooncalf : 67 points

The Warrior

• Depends on the content you are running (for example, vSO you will need 100 in Hardy)

Stats

Out of Combat

In Combat

Keep in mind that I lack 5% crit because I don’t have a Sharpened dagger (Twin blade and blunt passive)

Potion

I use Essence of Weapon Power to buff myself with Major Brutality and Savagery which is very important for Damage Dealers, also to restore good amount of Stamina back. Make sure to have 3 skill points in Medical Use under Alchemy skill tree to increase the duration of the buff significantly.

Gear

We are using 7 medium armor to get the extra crit chance as we are using gear heavily dependent on that. What you will need is:

• 5x Twice-Born Star in Divines (Armor/Crafted)

• 2x Vicious Ophidian in Divines (Armor/Drops in Sanctum)

• 3x Vicious Ophidian Jewelry (With full weapon damage enchants)

• 1x Maelstrom Axe 1x Maelstrom Dagger both in Sharpened (You can use precise as well if you don’t have Sharpened)

• 1x Maelstrom Bow (Not sure if Infused would be best or Sharpened)

skills & rotation

AOE BARS

Bar 1

1. Steel Tornado: Our main AoE spam ability, damage increases the lower HP mobs have.
    2. Rapid Strikes: Main Single target spam ability.
    3. Deadly Cloak: 20% mitigation from enemy AoEs and nice AOE damage.
    4. Relentless Focus: Grants Minor Berserk and Endurance, Light or Heavy Attacks proc Assassin’s Scourge which deals Disease damage.
    5. Killer’s Blade: Now that it deals Disease damage, its a no brainer execute ability for Stamblades (can hit for up to 61k)
    6. Flawless Dawnbreaker: Increases Weapon Damage by 5% plus 3% from Slayer passive. Also a powerful ultimate to use since it deals Physical damage now.

Bar 2

1. Endless Hail: One of the most powerful DoT in the game while using Maelstrom Bow. It does insane amount of damage and must be up all the time in single target and AoE situations.
    2. Poison Injection: Really powerful DoT. Deals increased damage on enemies with less than 50% health.
    3. Rearming Trap: A must have ability for all stamina classes, incredibly strong dot and grants Minor Force increasing your crit damage.
    4. Siphoning Attacks: Not very important but helps sustaining your resources.
    5. Anti-Cavalry Caltrops: Massive ground AoE DoT, deal quite nice damage but sadly doesn’t stack with other players’ Caltrops.
    6. Shooting Star: Really nice for AoE, and more overall damage than Dawnbreaker. Also returns ultimate for each enemy hit.

Single target bars

Bar 1

1. Free Slot: You can use either a Fighters Guild ability for extra 3% weapon damage or an Assassination ability for extra 2% critical chance.
    2. Rapid Strikes: Main single target spam ability. Also grants 3k weapon damage on our single target DoTs.
    3. Rendering Slashes: Nice bleeding DoT. Can be empowered by Maelstrom weapons.
    4. Relentless Focus: Grants Minor Berserk and Endurance, Light or Heavy Attacks proc Assassin’s Scourge which deals Disease damage.
    5. Killer’s Blade: Now that it deals Disease damage, its a no brainer execute ability for Stamblades (can hit for up to 61k)
    6. Flawless Dawnbreaker: Increases Weapon Damage by 5% plus 3% from Slayer passive. Also a powerful ultimate to use since it deals Physical damage now. We gonna use this ulti from 100% till 25% of boss HP. Can be empowered by Maelstrom weapons.

Bar 2

1. Endless Hail: One of the most powerful DoT in the game while using Maelstrom Bow. It does insane amount of damage and must be up all the time in single target and AoE situations.
    2. Poison Injection: Really powerful DoT. Deals increased damage on enemies with less than 50% health. Can be empowered by Maelstrom weapons.
    3. Rearming Trap: A must have ability for all stamina classes, incredibly strong dot and grants Minor Force increasing your crit damage. Can be empowered by Maelstrom weapons.
    4. Siphoning Attacks: Not very important but helps sustaining your resources.
    5. Anti-Cavalry Caltrops: Massive ground AoE DoT, deal quite nice damage but sadly doesn’t stack with other players’ Caltrops.
    6. Incapacitating Strike: Now deals Disease damage, we are using this ultimate to gain the extra 20% damage on execution range. Killer’s Blade, Posion Injection, Rearming Trap and Endless Hail all those abilities hit hard specially the first two on execute. The 20% increased damage will help a lot in boosting our DPS during that phase.

As for rotation it is as following:

Potion > Relentless > Trap > Endless Hail > Poison Injection > Swap > Rapid > Rendering Slashes > Rapid > Dawnbreaker > Spam Rapid till Assassin’s Scourge proc and reapply > Rapid > Swap > Trap > Endless Hail > Poison Injection > Swap > ….. and repeat

(With light attacks in between)

Tricks you need to know

1- As you might noticed on my rotation, before I swap to bow bar I always do Rapid Strike to get the Maelstrom buff. Then I apply Trap > Hail > Injection. Doing this will empower both Trap and Poison Injection with a single buff. The reason behind this is Rearming Trap doesn’t consume the buff but it actually gets empowered, but since it takes 1.5 second to trigger we need to not apply Poison Injection before that which is why we apply Endless Hail in between.

2- During execute (at 25%) we will be spamming Killer’s Blade while maintaining Endless Hail, Poison Injection and Trap. So when these dots are about to run out you will need to do 1 Rapid Strikes > Swap > Trap > Hail > Injection > Incapacitating Strike > Swap > Spam Killer’s Blade

DPS parses

The Serpent

Spoiler:

Rakkhat

Spoiler:

Possessed Mantikora

Spoiler:

The Adjudicator

Spoiler:

The Planer Inhibitor

Spoiler:

Crematorial Guard (for lolz)

Spoiler:

Youtube

The Serpent

Rakkhat

Possessed Mantikora

• This topic was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by Profile photo of Yolo-Wizard Yolo-Wizard.
  2. Profile Photo
    Aerhiborn

Expert

Total Posts: 320

Crazy numbers.  Looks awesome.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by Profile photo of Aerhiborn Aerhiborn.
  3. Profile Photo
    Nosferatuzod

Grandmaster

Total Posts: 1975

Khajiit Templar

Hey man, very interesting guide! I was reading it while on PTS, playing around with my stamblade. I was really excited about your finding that if you use flurry and then right away Trap and poison injection you empower both. However when I tried it on the pts I did not find this to be true.

1. I did flurry>trap and reset

2. I did flurry>poison injection (damage was done to a mob at full health so no bonus damage apllied) then reset

3. I did flurry>trap>poison injection and reset

I noticed that Cruel flurry did not get consumed when I set the trap, but did get consumed by poison injection.

I then went to combat metrics and compared the 3 parses. I found that while trap and poison injection were empowered if done one by one, trap was not empowered if you used them in a sequence, only poison injection was.

Now this may be a fix they introduced into the PTS. Since I only tested it there, but I would make sure to check that you are indeed getting the Empower buff on your poison injection, since you want to empower that over trap when the boss drops below 50%. Let me know what you think.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by Profile photo of Nosferatuzod Nosferatuzod.
  4. Member Avatar
    Furbz3255

Scamp

Total Posts: 2

Awesome build, thanks for sharing.

i am curious as to why you choose 5x vicious ophidian though. Do you find the stam cost reduction necessary for the longer fights in vmol? I would think that either 3x agility and 2x mephalas or 5x vipers sting would out dps vicious ophidian.

edit: forgot that  vicious ophidian gives minor slayer now! But I am surprised that the 4th and 5th pieces of ophidian out dpses 2x mephalas or skoria?

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by Profile photo of Furbz3255 Furbz3255.
  5. Profile Photo
    xBlackroxe

Master

Total Posts: 706

Dunmer Nightblade

Nosferatuzod said on July 2, 2016 :

Hey man, very interesting guide! I was reading it while on PTS, playing around with my stamblade. I was really excited about your finding that if you use flurry and then right away Trap and poison injection you empower both. However when I tried it on the pts I did not find this to be true.

2. I did flurry>poison injection (damage was done to a mob at full health so no bonus damage apllied) then reset

I noticed that Cruel flurry did not get consumed when I set the trap, but did get consumed by poison injection.

I then went to combat metrics and compared the 3 parses. I found that while trap and poison injection were empowered if done one by one, trap was not empowered if you used them in a sequence, only poison injection was.

Now this may be a fix they introduced into the PTS. Since I only tested it there, but I would make sure to check that you are indeed getting the Empower buff on your poison injection, since you want to empower that over trap when the boss drops below 50%. Let me know what you think.

If you only do flurry-trap-injection ofc trap wont empower. Trap needs 1.5 Seconds to proc and if you do injection rught after trap injection consumes tge proc before trap fires. Thats why you need to do flurry-trap-hail-injection to give trap the time to proc.

Chars: -Blackroxe (Dunmer Sorcerer)

Scores (One Tamriel): vDSA 47.683, vMOL 163.308, vSO 171.353, vHRC 154.149

Guild: HODOR

6. Profile Photo
    xBlackroxe

Master

Dunmer Nightblade

Furbz3255 said on July 3, 2016 :

Awesome build, thanks for sharing.

i am curious as to why you choose 5x vicious ophidian though. Do you find the stam cost reduction necessary for the longer fights in vmol? I would think that either 3x agility and 2x mephalas or 5x vipers sting would out dps vicious ophidian.

edit: forgot that vicious ophidian gives minor slayer now! But I am surprised that the 4th and 5th pieces of ophidian out dpses 2x mephalas or skoria?

Both sets do very little damage with mephala still being far better than skoria on about 1.2-1.3k dps and  skoria not even getting up to 1k. For me ar least i have seen people get hogher numbers on skoria somehow.

7. Profile Photo
    Nosferatuzod

Grandmaster

Khajiit Templar

xBlackroxe said on July 3, 2016 :

Nosferatuzod said on July 2, 2016 :

If you only do flurry-trap-injection ofc trap wont empower. Trap needs 1.5 Seconds to proc and if you do injection rught after trap injection consumes tge proc before trap fires. Thats why you need to do flurry-trap-hail-injection to give trap the time to proc.

Oh ok I get it. Let me test that. I’m back to being excited again:)

8. Profile Photo
    xBlackroxe

Master

Dunmer Nightblade

Nosferatuzod said on July 3, 2016 :

:P

9. Member Avatar
    Sorceror2012

Novice

Total Posts: 16

Awesome build.  I had a quick question, I currently do not have vicious ophidian any recommendations on replacement gear?

10. Profile Photo
    xBlackroxe

Master

Dunmer Nightblade

Sorceror2012 said on July 3, 2016 :

Awesome build. I had a quick question, I currently do not have vicious ophidian any recommendations on replacement gear?

1x Kena + 4x Alkosh or

5x Alkosh or

3x Agility + some Monster Set or

3x Agility + 2x NMG/Hundings/Leki (or any other 1pc crit/weapon damage bonus)

11. Profile Photo
    Nosferatuzod

Grandmaster

Khajiit Templar

Nosferatuzod said on July 3, 2016 :

Wow, it does work! This is a great find guys! Thanks:)

12. Profile Photo
    Hizztko

Apprentice

Total Posts: 37

Dunmer Sorcerer

Hello there,

Thanks for this build.

I would like to ask you about something, which set can i use to replace :

2x Vicious Ophidian in Divines (Armor/Drops in Sanctum)

and

3x Vicious Ophidian Jewelry (With full weapon damage enchants)

and still stay competitive ?

Thanks again.

Server: Europe PC
    Guild: Escouade Sauavage
    Char: Shaldinx

13. Profile Photo
    mrowmrif2

Total Posts: 4613

Khajiit Nightblade

Hizztko said on July 3, 2016 :

Hello there,

Thanks for this build.

and

Thanks again.

3 agility, 2 lekis/hundings/mephala.  Lekis for weapon damage or hundings for more crit… Mephala if you have the 2 piece monster set.

It isnt like there are more options for set bonuses beyond crit or WD or a monster set 2 piece… You wouldnt be stacking stam regen or max stam over any of those.

14. Profile Photo
    Hizztko

Apprentice

Dunmer Sorcerer

mrowmrif2 said on July 4, 2016 :

Hizztko said on July 3, 2016 :

Hello there,

Thanks for this build.

and

Thanks again.

3 agility, 2 lekis/hundings/mephala. Lekis for weapon damage or hundings for more crit… Mephala if you have the 2 piece monster set.

It isnt like there are more options for set bonuses beyond crit or WD or a monster set 2 piece… You wouldnt be stacking stam regen or max stam over any of those.

Thanks for your response. I guess everything on divines (include TBS)

Edit : Could we have a section about vMA Build/Skills should be used to be competitive? Thank you :-)

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by Profile photo of Hizztko Hizztko.

15. Profile Photo
    SToneZ

Apprentice

Total Posts: 26

Dunmer Nightblade

Hi Yolo what would you say the best setup is for 4 player dungeons and grinding arena is if i dont have maelstrom weapons

Head – Mephala (Medium – Divines)

Shoulder – Mephala ( Medium – Divines)

Chest – Hundings Rage ( Heavy – Divines)

Belt – Hundings Rage ( Light – Divines)

Legs – Hundings Rage ( Medium – Divines)

Feet – Hundings Rage (Medium – Divines)

Hands – Leki (Medium – Divines)

Dagger + Axe – 1x Leki (Precise) 1x Hundings Rage (Precise)

Bow – Hundings Rage (Precise)

Jewellery – Agility (Robust)

Sets Give (Together)

429 Weapon Damage (129 Less On Bow Bar)

1376 Weapon Critical

967 Max Stamina

(Mephala)
    1064 Max Health
    Fully charged heavy attacks
    have a 100% chance to create a web
    for 10 seconds. Web deals 1130 Poison Damage
    every 1.0 second and reduces Movement Speed by 50%.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by Profile photo of SToneZ SToneZ.
  16. Member Avatar
    shadowsword198

Scamp

Total Posts: 1

Imperial Dragonknight

How about using 5 Alkosh instead of ophidian ? I’ll be trying out both 5 Alkosh 5TBS and 5TBS with3 Alkosh and 2 Skoria with my stamblade unless someone else has already ?

Well, there goes the speedrun

17. Profile Photo
    Hizztko

Apprentice

Dunmer Sorcerer

Anyone has already tested Orc Stamblade ? With the passives (especially) melee damage increase, is it a good choice ?

18. Member Avatar
    Flak

Scamp

Total Posts: 5

Khajiit Sorcerer

Hizztko said on July 12, 2016 :

Anyone has already tested Orc Stamblade ? With the passives (especially) melee damage increase, is it a good choice ?

As far as I know the 4% Melee Damage only applies to light and heavy attacks, so it’s not really a good choice

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by Profile photo of Flak Flak.
  19. Profile Photo
    Hizztko

Apprentice

Dunmer Sorcerer

Flak said on July 12, 2016 :

Hizztko said on July 12, 2016 :

As far as I know the 4% Melee Damage only applies to light and heavy attacks, so it’s not really a good choice

Alright, i didn’t know that.

As i noticed yesterday, on this build it is recommended to use an Assasination ability or a Figther guild ability on “free slot” to gain 2% crit or weapon damage;

I tried differents aspects to obtain something interresting with skills, if i am using “Expert Hunter” which grant critical weapons while slotted (and weapons damage because its an Fighter Guild ability) it should be better than slot an Assasination ability to obtain 2% more crit, tell me if i am wrong.

We can compared this to slot inner light on main bar for Magicka Build.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by Profile photo of Hizztko Hizztko.

20. Profile Photo
    Jeckll

Grandmaster

Total Posts: 2434

Redguard Nightblade

Hi Yolo-Wizard,

thanks for contributing and sharing your build to the community. I played your rotation for a few days now and I think that it’s superior to the rotation I used before. I would like to incorporate your rotation into my build, if that’s okay. Obviously, I will give you the credits for it :)

Player: @Jeckll || Guild: Chimaira – Raidgroup Hydra || Server: EU

Reply To "[2.4] Stamblade Rampage – Stamina Nightbalde PVE Build (40k+ DPS)"

The topic “[2.4] Stamblade Rampage – Stamina Nightbalde PVE Build (40k+ DPS)” is closed to new replies.