The Yolo Wizard – End Game PvE DPS Build

1. Profile Photo
    JKith

Adept

Total Posts: 172

Altmer Sorcerer

The Noore

Any news about Horns of the Reach testing for this build? Anyone try new and different combos?

Keeping the build the same, I lost about 5k DPS on the PTS. Switching to precise staffs made almost no difference compared to sharpened, keeping everything else the same.

- The White Mage Oramago

”The elements that permeate all living things is the elemental source of my power.”

2. Member Avatar
    Latin

Total Posts: 1195

Imperial

JKith said on July 21, 2017 :

Switching to precise staffs made almost no difference compared to sharpened, keeping everything else the same.

If you are switching to precise while holding everything else the same, you lose out on the penetration; may have to compensate with Spell Erosion and/or Mundus. Though whether or not it is universally beneficial to have penetration as close to 18.2k as it previously was, is open to interpretation.

e pluribus unum

3. Member Avatar
    Chinny

Scamp

Total Posts: 4

I’m assuming this thread is on hiatus until after next patch? Makes sense considering how much is getting changed.

@jkith If you have questions concerning HTR I suggest you read up on Asayre’s threads. You definitely have to make up a lot of your pen on Mundus/CP.

Also, some of the stuff that is working on PTR MIGHT get changed ie – infused backbar weapon maintaining it’s trait while swapped to front bar.

4. Member Avatar
    Heymexa

Novice

Total Posts: 17

Horns of the Reach. PTS 3.1.2

My test. Solo. Build with Destructive Cleanch. Sharp+Thief

• This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by Profile photo of Heymexa Heymexa.
  5. Member Avatar
    Evilgoat

Scamp

Total Posts: 5

Wow, I’m surprised you got 38k without inner light.  It’s so nice when you have a healer with you to apply ele drain so you can rock that extra magicka.  I run almost the exact setup except my MA staff is infused and my front bars is a Master Sharpened.  I may hop on and try without inner light to see how I stack up in the PTS.

Side note: This is fun for testing but I almost always swap out bound aegis for inner light, a shield and power surge so i don’t die in trials.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by Profile photo of Evilgoat Evilgoat.
  6. Member Avatar
    DrErry

Novice

Total Posts: 13

Chinny said on July 25, 2017 :

I’m assuming this thread is on hiatus until after next patch? Makes sense considering how much is getting changed.

@jkith If you have questions concerning HTR I suggest you read up on Asayre’s threads. You definitely have to make up a lot of your pen on Mundus/CP.

Could you send link this article?

• This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by Profile photo of DrErry DrErry.
  7. Member Avatar
    Chinny

Scamp

Total Posts: 4

DrErry said on August 3, 2017 :

Chinny said on July 25, 2017 :

@jkithIf you have questions concerning HTR I suggest you read up on Asayre’s threads. You definitely have to make up a lot of your pen on Mundus/CP.

Could you send link this article?
    <ul id=”bbp-reply-revision-log-686239″ class=”bbp-reply-revision-log icons-ul double-border top”>
    <li id=”bbp-reply-revision-log-686239-item-686240″ class=”bbp-reply-revision-log-item”><i class=”fa fa-edit”></i>
    This reply was modified 4 days, 18 hours ago by DrErry.

Here is one of the threads I’ve been using for reference: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/introduction-to-pve-damage-calculation-homestead/page/14

There’s another by Asayre that has some other info contributed from others – like tests w/ different sets of gear etc – but this is the main one I believe

8. Member Avatar
    Akeran

Scamp

Total Posts: 5

Been on break for awhile. Coming back since the release of Morrowind. What ever happened to Burning SpellWeave being a thing. I have full scathing and burning spellweave now I need to grind out more stuff I assume. Vampire not a thing anymore either?

• This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by Profile photo of Akeran Akeran.
  9. Member Avatar
    deflorate

Apprentice

Total Posts: 26

Altmer Sorcerer

Any updates coming our way for magsorc? I’ve been sticking with netch and the lightning setup because it’s “safe” to run on console.

Reply To "The Yolo Wizard – End Game PvE DPS Build"

You are not currently logged in. You must log in before replying to this topic.