The Yolo Wizard – End Game PvE DPS Build

1. Member Avatar
    boom782

Journeyman

Total Posts: 93

So does a random sharpened lightning on back bar still trump precise maelstrom or can CP and bars be configured for precise maelstrom to out DPS the random sharpened?

I have been told that putting anywhere from 10-49 points in spell erosion and only having 2 active abilities on back bar(liquid and wall) will help precise maelstrom backbar out perform. Can anyone actually confirm or give some hard numbers by chance?

I spent 3 hours testing precise maelstrom vs. sharpened random with fire enchant yesterday, and probably 60k altering CP, but still can’t tell since we have limited resources on Xbox.

Thanks in advance!

2. Member Avatar
    pizza-guy

Scamp

Total Posts: 7

Is this the current mag sorc meta?

3. Member Avatar
    pizza-guy

Scamp

It says “with shield”… What’s that? You can’t use a shield with a staff right?

4. Member Avatar
    Alerwryn

Scamp

Total Posts: 5

pizza-guy said on June 25, 2017 :

It says “with shield”… What’s that? You can’t use a shield with a staff right?

Your Empowered/Hardened Ward

5. Profile Photo
    Aumann

Adept

Total Posts: 188

Altmer Sorcerer

Honour

It isn’t. Current magsorc meta is pretty much pet heavy attack build, some people also use netches touch without pet but it’s weaker. Any mines based build is mediocre cause mines don’t work properly and it’s “intended”

6. Member Avatar
    pizza-guy

Scamp

I see, is the pet heavy attack build posted on here? Got a link?

thanks

7. Profile Photo
    Tabatta

Novice

Total Posts: 16

Altmer Sorcerer

Feels really bad when you have to unslot pet, as for the last boss of vAA …

8. Member Avatar
    Calis32

Novice

Total Posts: 12

Altmer Sorcerer

Aumann said on June 28, 2017 :

It isn’t. Current magsorc meta is pretty much pet heavy attack build, some people also use netches touch without pet but it’s weaker. Any mines based build is mediocre cause mines don’t work properly and it’s “intended”

What is wrong with mines?

9. Profile Photo
    Aumann

Adept

Altmer Sorcerer

Honour

pizza-guy said on June 29, 2017 :

I see, is the pet heavy attack build posted on here? Got a link?

thanks

Look for Batters or  Em Dee on youtube, or search for 40K magsorc.

Tabatta said on June 29, 2017 :

Feels really bad when you have to unslot pet, as for the last boss of vAA …

You don’t have to unslot it, you just replace it with the flying pet. Less fun, but still good.

Calis32 said on June 29, 2017 :

Aumann said on June 28, 2017 :

What is wrong with mines?

Yolo explained it earlier in this thread. Only a certain amount of mines pops on bosses. We thought it was a bug but it’s intended says Zos. They’re really clunky

10. Member Avatar
    Farendiil

Scamp

Total Posts: 5

Dear Yolowizard, when will you update your build? I can’t wait to see and test it:)

Pls give us some Informations

11. Profile Photo
    Aumann

Adept

Altmer Sorcerer

Honour

Please read the thread ? :p he answered this already. Daedric mines is buggy as hell, he can’t update it right now.

12. Member Avatar
    Matt68700

Novice

Total Posts: 13

It’s not “buggy as hell”, bosses are immune to mines when they take one, so only one will explode, it’s intended.

Yolo probably has a real life and not enough time to make a new build video ^^

And probably does not use the mines in single target boss fights…

13. Member Avatar
    Amasuriel

Apprentice

Total Posts: 27

It is buggy, because not all bosses have the same issue with the mines.  See Yolo’s bug report (which he posted on page 35 of this thread) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/354919/bug-report-lightning-heavy-attacks-daedric-tomb

If it was intended all bosses would only trigger 1 mine.

14. Member Avatar
    Matt68700

Novice

Total Posts: 13

The fact that some bosses are hit by more than 1 mine is a bug and may be fixed one day.

So nobody should rely on daedric mines when theorycrafting a build.

15. Member Avatar
    Ianmaxs

Scamp

Total Posts: 3

@Aumann Hey, I was reading through this thread and my interest in your HA pet daedric mine build was sparked. I’m only CP 70 and only really intend to casually run dungeons, maybe do some vMA when I’m the right level. Considering that I’m not planning to focus heavily on trials, is this mine build viable? Could you give me a rundown of the set up? I’m getting so bored with the standard heavy pet set up in my solo escapades.

16. Profile Photo
    Aumann

Adept

Altmer Sorcerer

Honour

Hi, sadly as mentioned mines are bad right now due to the way they function and bug out.

Additionally i completely stopped playing ESO due to my music activities picking up again and my overal discontent with Zenimax’s way of handling things.

You can always try a netch’s touch setup for a change of pace. But all in all any build will become very monotonous in this game.

17. Member Avatar
    Ianmaxs

Scamp

@Aumann thanks for the response. I’m pretty new and mostly a casual solo player so I haven’t really been exposed to any issues with ZOS yet but I hear they’re a mess. I guess my goal is to grind CP as efficiently as possible and be ready for vMA, which I think will be the endpoint I set for myself with this game.

18. Member Avatar
    Ianmaxs

Scamp

@Yolo-Wizard so, I went through your bug post and as I understand it, bosses with large hit boxes make the use of daedric tomb less than ideal. I really like the idea of a build that uses this and works, so I guess my question is, would this build work in vMA and for solo grinding? Maybe that’s a silly question, I’m sure you can tell I’m relatively new to the game. I’ve been using the standard heavy attack dot pet build for a while and it works but it seems like it lacks that burst punch when you need it.

19. Member Avatar
    deflorate

Apprentice

Total Posts: 26

Altmer Sorcerer

I’ve seen a lot of people running the old sorc meta with frags, force pulse and a pet. 5/5 bsw and necro.

20. Member Avatar
    FrottoCnine

Scamp

Total Posts: 1

Hey,

can someone share with me your parses on vtrials bosses? I curious what ST (other sorcs are pulling) should i get with heavy attack pet build or non pet build.

I heard that magsorc has worst time than before (Homestead), but im struggle with reaching 40k ST in trial environment. I’m mostly using heavy attack build with pet ( 2 illambris, 5 necro, 3 master architect and infused vma lightning staff)  or setup without pet ( netch touch + skoria).

Reply To "The Yolo Wizard – End Game PvE DPS Build"

You are not currently logged in. You must log in before replying to this topic.