The Yolo Wizard – End Game PvE DPS Build

1. Member Avatar
    royo

Scamp

Total Posts: 1

I had the same experience as Rifuhl.  I did a bunch of dungeon and trial tests with tomb at level 2 and triple hit almost every mob and boss.  I figured I’d level it up to 4 to post some parses so I went into vAA.  The stone atro was fine.  Suddenly at Valariel I realized that the spread was much wider, and my numbers started to go down.  And then I put up terrible numbers on the Mage.  I had significant trouble with the reflections and I wasn’t having too much luck with the boss’s hitbox either.  I still run mines in fun runs and in dungeons because i like them, but the spread was too big for me to put up consistent parses in vet trials.  I ended up back at clench.

I think it’s going to be hard to trust trial parses with tomb without video because of the greater spread of level 4.

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by Profile photo of royo royo.
  2. Profile Photo
    Aumann

Adept

Total Posts: 188

Altmer Sorcerer

Honour

Yes it’s deffinitely awkward, at lvl 4 you have to offset the ground target a bit to make sure you hit 2, unless the boss is really big like stone atro. On some bosses with too narrow of a hitbox the mines just outright suck though. So you might want to have clench handy.

I didn’t have time to join trials earlier this week so i’ll be testing it tonight.

3. Member Avatar
    ApexSwoledier81

Apprentice

Total Posts: 26

If I was going for a heavy attack build with a sharpened Maelstrom Inferno on the back bar, since I cannot for the life of me get a sharpened lightning would I benefit more from a Nirnhoned lightning Maelstrom (literally the only lightning that will drop for me but figured maybe Nirnhoned might not be AS terrible as some others because it should buff heavy attack damage?) or a random crafted sharpened lightning with the spell damage enchantment?

4. Profile Photo
    Shiro

Adept

Total Posts: 144

Altmer

ApexSwoledier81 said on June 16, 2017 :

If I was going for a heavy attack build with a sharpened Maelstrom Inferno on the back bar, since I cannot for the life of me get a sharpened lightning would I benefit more from a Nirnhoned lightning Maelstrom (literally the only lightning that will drop for me but figured maybe Nirnhoned might not be AS terrible as some others because it should buff heavy attack damage?) or a random crafted sharpened lightning with the spell damage enchantment?

Sharpened MA/IA/MD or random sharpened staff is better.

5. Member Avatar
    subtract23

Apprentice

Total Posts: 30

Aumann said on June 16, 2017 :

Yes it’s deffinitely awkward, at lvl 4 you have to offset the ground target a bit to make sure you hit 2, unless the boss is really big like stone atro. On some bosses with too narrow of a hitbox the mines just outright suck though. So you might want to have clench handy.

I didn’t have time to join trials earlier this week so i’ll be testing it tonight.

i thought u already have clench slotted?

6. Profile Photo
    Aumann

Adept

Altmer Sorcerer

Honour

Mines you mean? No i still had to.level them while the other sorcs of the team were testing lol.

Used them yesterday. It’s awkward deffinitely. For some reason you can’t qeue mines during a heavy attack like other skills. You have to click mines close to the end of the heavy attack. Otherwise they don’t seem to trigger half of the time.

You also have to aim them well and have a boss with a big enough hitbox.

But when they hit, they hit hard. Anout 6k dps. Was insane.

7. Member Avatar
    subtract23

Apprentice

mines on bb?

8. Member Avatar
    jombbi

Apprentice

Total Posts: 31

Breton Templar

What do you guys think about dropping monster helmet + minor slayer. I’m talking about using 5 necro+ 5 TBS with Marlstrom both bar. ( using classic thief + shadow combo)

In my testing so far, my DPS has increased by appx 9-10%.

Bit again I’m not the one with Best rotation and ping. So experienced people here might try and comment.

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by Profile photo of jombbi jombbi.

Holy DOPE- V16 High Elf Magblade- DC-EU

sneaky PAWS- V3- Khajit Stamblade- DC-EU (Previous Emperor)

Brock- Lee- V16- Dunmer DK- DC-EU

Sam S’tone- V16 Breton Templar- DC- EU

J’acob- V16 Orc DK- DC-EU 

sam S’tone- V16 High Elf Sorc – AD- EU

9. Member Avatar
    subtract23

Apprentice

jombbi said on June 17, 2017 :

What do you guys think about dropping monster helmet + minor slayer. I’m talking about using 5 necro+ 5 TBS with Marlstrom both bar. ( using classic thief + shadow combo)

Bit again I’m not the one with Best rotation and ping. So experienced people here might try and comment.
    <ul id=”bbp-reply-revision-log-684306″ class=”bbp-reply-revision-log icons-ul double-border top”>
    <li id=”bbp-reply-revision-log-684306-item-684307″ class=”bbp-reply-revision-log-item”><i class=”fa fa-edit”></i>
    This reply was modified 4 hours, 7 minutes ago by jombbi.

Funny you said this… this was my exact idea but actually i was thinking TBS/Netch but this is a pet build version. I was also thinking this but you need masters sharp light staff FB. I have tested it and you can apply poison to masters staff and you will still get the enchant & the poison!! Slotting magicka poison is op its like wearing WM brew but your not AKA opening your roto/build up to less HA or skill changes. Dont forget to craft 1 med 1 heavy TBS. I’d be curious to see if a diff mundus would beat out shadow..

10. Member Avatar
    jombbi

Apprentice

Total Posts: 31

Breton Templar

subtract23 said on June 17, 2017 :

jombbi said on June 17, 2017 :

<ul id=”bbp-reply-revision-log-684306″ class=”bbp-reply-revision-log icons-ul double-border top”>
    <li id=”bbp-reply-revision-log-684306-item-684307″ class=”bbp-reply-revision-log-item”><i class=”fa fa-edit”></i>
    This reply was modified 4 hours, 7 minutes ago by jombbi.

Funny you said this… this was my exact idea but actually i was thinking TBS/Netch but this is a pet build version. I was also thinking this but you need masters sharp light staff FB. I have tested it and you can apply poison to masters staff and you will still get the enchant & the poison!! Slotting magicka poison is op its like wearing WM brew but your not AKA opening your roto/build up to less HA or skill changes. Dont forget to craft 1 med 1 heavy TBS. I’d be curious to see if a diff mundus would beat out shadow..

Well I don’t  have master on me ATM, probably will farm next time DSA is on weekly. Also the exploit might work now but given it’ll be fixed hopefully, so won’t bank too much on it. But with MSA sharp lightening on both bars, so far it’s working great for me. And yes, I had couple of old sets of TBS lying around with heavy: med pieces so good there. Bought a couple of cheap pieces of necro shoulder and head. That extra health and stam bonus is pretty neat. Takes me to 19/11k health/ stam.

i tried combo of Netch/ Spider cultists with Necro, couldn’t get any better results. So far TBS+ Necro has been working out best.

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by Profile photo of jombbi jombbi.

Holy DOPE- V16 High Elf Magblade- DC-EU

sneaky PAWS- V3- Khajit Stamblade- DC-EU (Previous Emperor)

Brock- Lee- V16- Dunmer DK- DC-EU

Sam S’tone- V16 Breton Templar- DC- EU

J’acob- V16 Orc DK- DC-EU 

sam S’tone- V16 High Elf Sorc – AD- EU

11. Member Avatar
    xDeathstroke97

Scamp

Total Posts: 3

When is yolo going to release his build for morrowind?

12. Profile Photo
    Yolo-Wizard

Adept

Total Posts: 221

Altmer Sorcerer

Hodor

xDeathstroke97 said on June 19, 2017 :

When is yolo going to release his build for morrowind?

It should have been out, but found an issue and need to confirm if its a bug or intended.

Apologies for the delay

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by Profile photo of Yolo-Wizard Yolo-Wizard.
  13. Member Avatar
    xDeathstroke97

Scamp

Total Posts: 3

Oh okay it’s no problem was just curious. Thanks for the reply though

14. Member Avatar
    DrErry

Novice

Total Posts: 11

look forward to the new update for morrowind!

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by Profile photo of DrErry DrErry.
  15. Profile Photo
    Aumann

Adept

Altmer Sorcerer

Honour

nop

16. Member Avatar
    subtract23

Apprentice

Whats the best setup for vma? Before homestead I was using kena/bsw/elegance with overload… been trying same thing now except for swapping bsw for necro and slotting pet instead of Aegis… just seems like oload is even more ass now

17. Member Avatar
    @Ollowaiin2

Scamp

Total Posts: 9

you had the right idea

slot nekro\ilambris and meteor then hardened ward on both bars and a view points ~20 in bastion (jump points!)

Try and fill your magicka before boss richte with dot+ha only rota

ground aoe dots are your best friends

18. Profile Photo
    Yolo-Wizard

Adept

Total Posts: 221

Altmer Sorcerer

Hodor

19. Member Avatar
    subtract23

Apprentice

Soooo just don’t use mines in the build! lol yea mines are working as intended 1.6 patched them to be less dmge by inhibiting all 3 from hitting in trials; besides they are hard to sustain and that mine build is so boring

• This reply was modified 1 month, 4 weeks ago by Profile photo of subtract23 subtract23.
  20. Profile Photo
    Nick5262

Scamp

Total Posts: 9

Aldmeri

ZOS fixing mines on bosses with regards to its damage cooldown? its intended.. rip.

Reply To "The Yolo Wizard – End Game PvE DPS Build"

You are not currently logged in. You must log in before replying to this topic.