The Yolo Wizard – End Game PvE DPS Build

1. Profile Photo
    Aumann

Adept

Total Posts: 188

Altmer Sorcerer

Honour

No clue but i’ve been playing for a little over 4 months now i think and i have always knoiwn it like this haha

2. Member Avatar
    Leomed47

Novice

Total Posts: 20

@Nosferatuzod, doesn’t Dexterity help anyone who uses Rearming Trap too? It will barely increase its dps, but minmaxing is minmaxing

3. Profile Photo
    Nosferatuzod

Grandmaster

Total Posts: 1769

Khajiit Templar

Leomed47 said on April 17, 2017 :

@Nosferatuzod, doesn’t Dexterity help anyone who uses Rearming Trap too? It willbarely increase its dps, but minmaxing is minmaxing

Technically that is true…but its not worth the skillpoint. The crit increase will literally contribute like .00000x% dps increase

4. Profile Photo
    Aumann

Adept

Altmer Sorcerer

Honour

Nosferatuzod said on April 17, 2017 :

Leomed47 said on April 17, 2017 :

@Nosferatuzod, doesn’t Dexterity help anyone who uses Rearming Trap too? It willbarely increase its dps, but minmaxing is minmaxing

Technically that is true…but its not worth the skillpoint. The crit increase will literally contribute like .00000x% dps increase

It’s free, ofcourse its worth it :p unless your character also happends to be a crafter, you have more than enough skillpoiints for semi-relevant stuff

5. Profile Photo
    Nosferatuzod

Grandmaster

Total Posts: 1769

Khajiit Templar

Aumann said on April 17, 2017 :

Nosferatuzod said on April 17, 2017 :

It’s free, ofcourse its worth it :p unless your character also happends to be a crafter, you have more than enough skillpoiints for semi-relevant stuff

All my toons are max crafters, but let me put it this way. If i miss 1 light attack on a 3 minute boss parse that single missed light attack will impact my dps more than missing points from dexterity passive on a mag toon. Thats how insignificant it is.

6. Member Avatar
    korvyr

Scamp

Total Posts: 6

Why no Surge? Where can I fit that in? IN dungeons would Surge surpass trap?

7. Profile Photo
    Aumann

Adept

Altmer Sorcerer

Honour

Because in a group you don’t need to heal yourself and spellpower potions already provide the major sorcery, rendering surge pretty much useless.

If you don’t use spellpower potions and really need the damage boost/heals in dungeons just replace trap with it.

If you’re inexperienced i wouldn’t run trap anyway. As its awkward to use and you probably only want to slot it on bosses where you are in melee range.

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by Profile photo of Aumann Aumann.
  8. Member Avatar
    korvyr

Scamp

Total Posts: 6

Well it seems I’m stuck at 23k DPS (on a good day)

Imperfect Illambris, Legendary BSW / Divines and random staffs + moondancer inferno 3x rings

9. Profile Photo
    Aumann

Adept

Altmer Sorcerer

Honour

Imperfect illambri doesn’t matter too much if it’s just the trait. Do you use food, spellpower potions? And what is your cp? Make sure that if you don’t have a maelstrom staff you put th espell damage enchant on your backbar and inferno glyph on frontbar.

Apart from those factors it will all be in your rotation and weaving.

At cp 450 i hit 30k self-buffed without breach and with mediocre weaving on the target dummy. With good weaving and rotation i hit about 34k. Which shows how relevant weaving is.
    And i also use random golden staffs as i haven’t been so lucky as to obtain a maelstrom inferno yet.

The better magsorcs in my guild hit up to 40k dps self-buffed without breach. They have a maelstrom staff ofcourse which adds a few K. But mainly it’s their good rotation and weaving that does the job.

Note that this is with Necropotence armor though, you will likely hit slightly less with burning spellweave however the difference shouldn’t be big.

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by Profile photo of Aumann Aumann.
  10. Member Avatar
    Purple

Scamp

Total Posts: 4

Aumann said on April 20, 2017 :

Note that this is with Necropotence armor though, you will likely hit slightly less with burning spellweave however the difference shouldn’t be big.

Necro outperforms burning spellweave, also, use lighting staff on backbar when doing a test on a skeleton, not inferno (make sure you have the exploiter passive in cp). I hit 45k solo with just ele drain on skeleton

11. Profile Photo
    Aumann

Adept

Altmer Sorcerer

Honour

If you’re doing a self-buffed test it’s better not to. You don’t want to artificially buff your damage with buffs that others will apply in a raid. cause that defeats the point of a self-buffed test.

You want to see your raw dos to have the most accurate image IMO.

Otherwise yeah i could slot ele drain and lightning wall and hit 8k dps more. But guilds you apply for will note this.

12. Member Avatar
    boom782

Journeyman

Total Posts: 93

Aumann said on April 22, 2017 :

If you’re doing a self-buffed test it’s better not to. You don’t want to artificially buff your damage with buffs that others will apply in a raid. cause that defeats the point of a self-buffed test.

Otherwise yeah i could slot ele drain and lightning wall and hit 8k dps more. But guilds you apply for will note this.

I don’t know many builds or rotations that would allow for a good DPS test WITHOUT ele drain. Anytime I have tried one of a dozen different rotations I always end up out of magic and heavy attacking. So if the tester does not apply ele drain I think it is totally fair to do so yourself. Most of the end game guilds I have tested with anyways provide it. Lightning wall I completely agree with though.

13. Profile Photo
    Aumann

Adept

Altmer Sorcerer

Honour

That’s why your dps test is usually done with a healer that provides orbs and radiant aura.

Once you apply drain your entire system of values changes. You’d have to apply breach also for stamina characters to get representative comparisons

14. Member Avatar
    boom782

Journeyman

Total Posts: 93

Aumann said on April 23, 2017 :

That’s why your dps test is usually done with a healer that provides orbs and radiant aura.

Once you apply drain your entire system of values changes. You’d have to apply breach also for stamina characters to get representative comparisons

This game has stamina characters? :)

15. Profile Photo
    tribunal4555

Novice

Total Posts: 24

@Yolo-Wizard, looking at your recent uploads, it looks like you’ve swapped to necropotence+daedric prey+ scamp for many fights. If it’s not too much trouble, when do you decide whether to bring pet or not? I saw a list earlier, but it seems to differ now- I see pet even in vMoL Zhaj’hassa and Rakkhat. Or if it changes in a trial from fight to fight, do you run daedric prey all the time, or swap to haunting morph? Say, for vSO HM with Worldshaper. Thanks!

Argonian TankDK || Khajit StamBlade || Redguard StamDK || Redguard StamSorc || Dunmer MagDK || Dunmer MagSorc || Altmer MagPlar || Altmer MagBlade

16. Profile Photo
    Aumann

Adept

Altmer Sorcerer

Honour

I’m not Yolo but i can answer the question pretty well i think.

The pet is not viable whenever it either has to run constantly, dies constantly, or kills allies.

In VMOL pet was always good except on twins where it’s debatable. Reasons being that the pet can stun adds making them unchainable, pet needs a lot of management to switch bosses and to stay out of black boss silence.

In VAA the mage it depends. Do you have 0-3 melee guys? Them you can use the pet with minimal drawback. More than that and your pet ill kill allies by transmitting chain lightning.

In VHRC the pet is viable. Yes it will die to starfall at the warrior, But that’s only at the end of the fight and there’s enough time in between for the pet to do damage.

In VHRC however, the oet seems to br bad as you eill be moving constantly around the room, so the oet will spend half the time running towards the boss. I would personally chiose BSW and oetless here.

In VSO the pet is also viable. Except on hard mode where it will die to every worldshaper unless you invest a lot of effort in calling the pet back and sprinting out. But it’s hardly worth i’d say.

About curse, you just use prey, unless you really want to spend time and gold respeccing everytime.

If you use the pet, be sure to resummon it everytime you go through a door and manage it well. Nothing is as annoying as a pet who stays behind eith a few mobs doing nothing relevant.

Hope that helps

17. Member Avatar
    Purple

Scamp

Total Posts: 4

Aumann said on April 22, 2017 :

It makes total sense what you are saying. Are you from NA though? Because on EU everyone does DPS tests on skeletons like this :P Casuals & top guilds :P So we will stick to it. If you want an example, here you go, one of the better sorcs on the server doing skeleton tests:

18. Profile Photo
    Aumann

Adept

Altmer Sorcerer

Honour

I’m from EU, i’m aware that many guilds do it like that but we disagree and do it otherwise :p

19. Profile Photo
    Yolo-Wizard

Adept

Total Posts: 221

Altmer Sorcerer

Hodor

Updated the guide!

Sorry for the delay, was busy with PTS hype :P

@Aumann Thanks for your activity on answering most question!

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by Profile photo of Yolo-Wizard Yolo-Wizard.
  20. Profile Photo
    Aumann

Adept

Altmer Sorcerer

Honour

Haha no problem, hope i don’t flood your thread too much, i’m a blabbermouth ;)

And just read your new guide, i have one question though if i may! Wouldn’t it be better to switch curse and mage’s wrath to get more frag procs in your regular rotation and single target damage boost on execute ?

Reply To "The Yolo Wizard – End Game PvE DPS Build"

You are not currently logged in. You must log in before replying to this topic.