The Yolo Wizard – End Game PvE DPS Build

1. Member Avatar
    lefler90

Scamp

Total Posts: 5

Khajiit Sorcerer

That makes sense. I’ll test it out. Much appreciated.

2. Member Avatar
    ShaderShibes

Apprentice

Total Posts: 30

I have a bit of a conundrum.  Right now i dont have a aether or md sharpened inferno, but have sharpened vma fire and lightning staff.  Would i be better off running non set inferno staff with spell damage enchant on front bar, vma inferno back bar, or vma lightning on front, vma inferno on back?

3. Profile Photo
    Aumann

Adept

Total Posts: 184

Altmer Sorcerer

Honour

IMO: Inferno VMA backbar, random goldened lightning front with berserker enchant. Cause you really want the VMA effect + berserker

4. Member Avatar
    toranil

Novice

Total Posts: 16

Hello, can I ask you an question Yolo or other experienced mag sorcs?

I have same build but I’m feeling like I’m pretty noob. I have BSW and Ilambris armors (some of them divines, some of them not). Unfortunately I dont have moondancer or infallible staves or accessories yet but I’ll complete. Now I have different purple weapons and accessories and they are sharpened. But my DPS is pretty low, I think 8-10k dps. So not 50k but even 30k dps is a dream for me.

I’m wondering why? What’s wrong, do you have any advice? My build is same with yours and I’m 250 cp.

Sorry for poor English btw.

5. Profile Photo
    Yolo-Wizard

Adept

Total Posts: 220

Altmer Sorcerer

Hodor

toranil said on March 16, 2017 :

I have same build but I’m feeling like I’m pretty noob. I have BSW and Ilambris armors (some of them divines, some of them not). Unfortunately I dont have moondancer or infallible staves or accessories yet but I’ll complete. Now I have different purple weapons and accessories and they are sharpened. But my DPS is pretty low, I think 8-10k dps. So not 50k but even 30k dps is a dream for me.

I’m wondering why? What’s wrong, do you have any advice? My build is same with yours and I’m 250 cp.

CP cap at 600 plays an important role for your damage, it boosts your magic and elemental dmg + increase in damage over time effects + increase your critical attack damage etc

The high numbers you see in most videos are made with players who already reached the CP cap of 600 :)

6. Member Avatar
    boom782

Journeyman

Total Posts: 92

Question on potions/power surge and DOT’s or abilities like haunting curse…

If I cast haunting curse and THEN use power surge or a potion does the curse explode and include the dmg buff from the potion? Same question with LL. If I cast LL then use a potion, I know the first tick will not include the buff but what about the other ticks?

Thanks!

7. Profile Photo
    Shiro

Adept

Total Posts: 135

Altmer

boom782 said on March 18, 2017 :

If I cast haunting curse and THEN use power surge or a potion does the curse explode and include the dmg buff from the potion? Same question with LL. If I cast LL then use a potion, I know the first tick will not include the buff but what about the other ticks?

Thanks!

I think the remaining ticks do get buffed. But there is no reason whatsoever to do that, always use a potion before starting a pull.

8. Profile Photo
    Yolo-Wizard

Adept

Altmer Sorcerer

Hodor

boom782 said on March 18, 2017 :

Thanks!

Yeah its dynamic

9. Member Avatar
    tdr86

Journeyman

Total Posts: 51

Just wondering if 3 pieces of Infused is worth it over divines with this update? I Don’t want to spend wax on something that I might regret later on.

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by Profile photo of tdr86 tdr86.
  10. Profile Photo
    Yolo-Wizard

Adept

Altmer Sorcerer

Hodor

tdr86 said on March 19, 2017 :

Just wondering if 3 pieces of Infused is worth it over divines with this update? I Don’t want to spend wax on something that I might regret later on.

Difference is like 0.05% on paper, nothing to regret here :D

11. Profile Photo
    Vector-Didact

Scamp

Total Posts: 1

Altmer Sorcerer

I found this build very helpful, but I must ask one thing.
    If I were to go into pvp using this build, what would you recommend modifying?

12. Member Avatar
    Chico

Scamp

Total Posts: 6

Hey yolo I had a question hoping you’d have the answer for me. I have thought it out had a couple talks with people but I have no way to see the numbers as I am on console.

Would it be more beneficial to run a lightning maelstrom back bar? assuming you are running necropotence.

At this point it would seem top dps would be highelf getting the extra 4% shock damage as you no longer have flame abilities other than shooting star and force pulse.

1.From my understanding most of our damage is coming from our aoes which we would get the extra 8% aoe damage from having a lightning staff equipped on our back bar while we are reaplying our dots instead of having a flame staff. Which the flame staff passive is only buffing our scamps single target attacks at that point .

2. Is we have more chances to proc our passive implosion

3. Our wall of elements is now getting buffed by passive “energized”

4. Healers no longer have to run lightning wall of elements as the dd will have it in there rotation

5. 75 points are already being put into thaumaturge for the exploiter passive

The only downside I see is we no longer have a chance to proc our flame meteor from llambris. Which maybe we can use another monster helm as Im not sure if llambris is worth running with only the shock damage being procd.

Sorry about the 5th grade grammar.

13. Member Avatar
    boom782

Journeyman

Total Posts: 92

Vector-Didact said on March 19, 2017 :

Thanks

lol, everything. I am not a PvP’er but I know builds are VERY different for both typically.

14. Member Avatar
    Pijng

Scamp

Total Posts: 7

Dunmer Dragonknight

toranil said on March 16, 2017 :

Unfortunately I cant say anything about this sorc build, however it’s quite simillar to pretzl magDK.
    As Yolo said – CP cap is important as hell. But also: your rotation, item’s quality(purple, gold) and enchants, good group.
    I’m 280cp atm. Here is the difference in ~30cp between us, however I deal 18-19.5k DPS all the time (depends on the enemy, like The Warrior because of all his jumps and powerful attack that I should block – there I have a bit less dps). And i’m completely sure that my additional 30cp dont give me these ~10k dps in comparison with you.
    And I bet you have more DPS than you said, cause I guess you dont have FTC or something simmilar; you’re not even sure and just wrote “8-10k”.
    I think you need to do some test on a target dummy(preferably with healer) and in the nTrials.
    After you’ll get the IA pieces you’ll see the difference in DPS, btw it will shine only in a good hands

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by Profile photo of Pijng Pijng.
  15. Member Avatar
    SKy-WK

Scamp

Total Posts: 5

Thanks

So here’s what I’m wondering, I can run 3 Piece MD Jewels, and MD Boots for a 4 Piece MD, and then 5 Piece BSW on Body, I have never seen seen a staff for either of these dropping and would like to do some content besides farming gear for awhile, I also havent completed vMA. So my question is, obviously I can’t run a full monster set, but I can run a 2 piece of a crafted set (1 Armor piece + Staff) or a monster shoulder and random sharp staves.

Unfortunately with this i would miss out on Illambris damage and Undaunted mettle passive, (would only get 4% not 6%).

Would this still be viable for awhile until I decide to run MoL/CoA a million more times and attempt vMA?

If so, what should I run for the 2 Piece/Monster Set bonus (spell dmg, crit, max mag, mag rec)?

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by Profile photo of SKy-WK SKy-WK.
  16. Member Avatar
    BenOfficial23

Scamp

Why are the CP for Mage rounded up and Thief not? And do they only round up after the 0.5% mark? Not that a few scattered Thief CP would improve this build at all, It’s just an idle question about CP which I’ve never definitively had answered.

You’re running The Thief Mundus which is a % of critical chance but it’s at the cusp of % bonus. Wouldn’t you get the same 61% bonus with one Infused piece, or does that extra 0.9% actually factor in, giving you 62% critical chance? I noticed your previous answer regarding Infused v Divines read “on paper” cause it’s kind of based on luck but that was regarding 3 pieces I think. I just wanted to share my curiosity in hopes that someone here knew. This is the most efficient build Ive seen made for trials. Keep up the good work. 

17. Profile Photo
    Yolo-Wizard

Adept

Altmer Sorcerer

Hodor

Chico said on March 20, 2017 :

Hey yolo I had a question hoping you’d have the answer for me. I have thought it out had a couple talks with people but I have no way to see the numbers as I am on console.

Would it be more beneficial to run a lightning maelstrom back bar? assuming you are running necropotence.

At this point it would seem top dps would be highelf getting the extra 4% shock damage as you no longer have flame abilities other than shooting star and force pulse.

1.From my understanding most of our damage is coming from our aoes which we would get the extra 8% aoe damage from having a lightning staff equipped on our back bar while we are reaplying our dots instead of having a flame staff. Which the flame staff passive is only buffing our scamps single target attacks at that point .

2. Is we have more chances to proc our passive implosion

3. Our wall of elements is now getting buffed by passive “energized”

4. Healers no longer have to run lightning wall of elements as the dd will have it in there rotation

5. 75 points are already being put into thaumaturge for the exploiter passive

The only downside I see is we no longer have a chance to proc our flame meteor from llambris. Which maybe we can use another monster helm as Im not sure if llambris is worth running with only the shock damage being procd.

Sorry about the 5th grade grammar.

Blockade of Fire will do more dmg if you take into account the passive buff of the ability on burning targets and the Engulfing flames buff from DK. Makes as powerful as Liquid Lightning

SKy-WK said on March 21, 2017 :

Thanks

So here’s what I’m wondering, I can run 3 Piece MD Jewels, and MD Boots for a 4 Piece MD, and then 5 Piece BSW on Body, I have never seen seen a staff for either of these dropping and would like to do some content besides farming gear for awhile, I also havent completed vMA. So my question is, obviously I can’t run a full monster set, but I can run a 2 piece of a crafted set (1 Armor piece + Staff) or a monster shoulder and random sharp staves.

Unfortunately with this i would miss out on Illambris damage and Undaunted mettle passive, (would only get 4% not 6%).

Would this still be viable for awhile until I decide to run MoL/CoA a million more times and attempt vMA?

If so, what should I run for the 2 Piece/Monster Set bonus (spell dmg, crit, max mag, mag rec)?

Yea should work

BenOfficial23 said on March 22, 2017 :

Why are the CP for Mage rounded up and Thief not? And do they only round up after the 0.5% mark? Not that a few scattered Thief CP would improve this build at all, It’s just an idle question about CP which I’ve never definitively had answered.

You’re running The Thief Mundus which is a % of critical chance but it’s at the cusp of % bonus. Wouldn’t you get the same 61% bonus with one Infused piece, or does that extra 0.9% actually factor in, giving you 62% critical chance? I noticed your previous answer regarding Infused v Divines read “on paper” cause it’s kind of based on luck but that was regarding 3 pieces I think. I just wanted to share my curiosity in hopes that someone here knew. This is the most efficient build Ive seen made for trials. Keep up the good work.

Didnt get your first question, what do you mean?

As of divines vs infused on large pieces, according to guildies people did calculate whether its worth running or not. And found out that the extra magicka you get from having infused on large piece will slightly outperform the extra crit chance you get from divines. But it is so small that you don’t even notice it in an actual fight!

18. Member Avatar
    Pijng

Scamp

Dunmer Dragonknight

Seems like I’ve almost did it. 40 lvl sorc, but today I will hit my cp lvl :3
    BSW farmed, Ilambris farmed, even IA farmed.
    But I still don’t get your rotation:
    So after all dots are placed we starts to spam force pulse and crystal fragment(when proc). But what about curse, how many times I should use it?

19. Profile Photo
    CasterX

Novice

Total Posts: 13

Redguard Sorcerer

So much fun the mSorc atm, with lighning heavy attack no need for ele drain and increadable dps! For lazyness i walk with inner light on offbar, nvm trap highest dps gain still… i`m thinking about trying go with 2 moondancer swords offhand since my msa inferno is just nirned. Any ideas how to set this up? Flame/Lighning stagg = baricade…

Greetings

ID: CasterX

I`m from Germany /Hallo auch :D

20. Profile Photo
    Aumann

Adept

Total Posts: 184

Altmer Sorcerer

Honour

You’re not supposed to heavy attack haha. Heavy attacking bites chunks out of your dps.

Unless you’re talking about trash pulls.

And using dualwield is not worth it. Just go with your nirnhoned staff on backbar. Magsorcs aren’t on their backbar much anyway so the trait of the staff plays a smaller role than with other classes.

Reply To "The Yolo Wizard – End Game PvE DPS Build"

You are not currently logged in. You must log in before replying to this topic.