Tamriel Foundry Roleplayers General Discussion ::

1. Profile Photo
    Jack Of Shades

Journeyman

Total Posts: 95

Altmer Sorcerer

Unfortunately, for me, this isn’t exactly my first choice in a site to visit for role playing. I have others that I use for that end. I wanted to play for a long time, but even my love of elder scrolls couldn’t keep me here. Just getting into the stories of backgrounds of the veterans on this site isn’t easy or fun for me. The idea of different role plays in general sort of sparks my interest. But to be fair I didn’t join this site for role playing. And even so, it doesn’t provide me with that familiar feeling of the other sites I use for this. I feel alienated, to say the least, in here. The vibe it gives isn’t role play-like to me. The players become too critical and the stories too driven by politics to some degree. I was merely invited by another player, and soon saw that it wasn’t for me. Or, at least, this site wasn’t for me in regards to role playing. I love elder scrolls lore. But when I role play I don’t feel like pulling out the old es text book of lore I.e uesp, just to keep up. Needless to say, I really won’t be using this site for role playing any time in the future. Anyway, that’s just my experience. Best of luck getting this going again!

-Jack

2. Profile Photo
    Ungoliant the Consumer

Grandmaster

Total Posts: 1449

Altmer Sorcerer

That’s unfortunate to hear, but it at least gives us some feedback on what we can try to alter as well, so thank you. I’d have to agree that given how select our group has become, we ended up developing such a close knit group that introducing new RPers had become somewhat of an alien task.

”What is bravery without a dash of recklessness?”

3. Profile Photo
    Jack Of Shades

Journeyman

Altmer Sorcerer

To be fair, Ava invited me without knowing who I was or what I enjoyed doing – roleplay-wise. So I suppose I should’ve done more research before agreeing, as well as spoke more about my interests. I just figured the elder scrolls community had to have a healthy role play community too. But it’s not to say any of you can’t role play. Every one of you are fantastic storytellers! But things are done just a little differently here. And it’s probably my fault for not being even more active in past role plays. But from my years of experience, when you try to put yourself in the story and can’t, it’s time to move into something else. Forcing it only makes it seem artificial and it shows. I didn’t want to disrupt the flow of the story, and I never do. The story is everything and good changes show but so do bad ones.

4. Profile Photo
    Ava Blackthorne

Hero

Total Posts: 3617

Breton Sorcerer

I think we need to try something else, it’s always going to be pretty much the same cause of the lack of new faces. We should just try our other options, can still do things like we used to here if things ever pick back up, but I have a lot of characters to flush out, and I can’t cause nobody is joining the RPs.

5. Profile Photo
    Gladerunner

Legend

Total Posts: 5078

Bosmer Dragonknight

Aight, so I apologise for taking my time in reading this proper, let alone responding. @Ungoliant-The-Consumer @Ava-Blackthorne @Bardicnonsense @apexpredator1 @Patelin-JR. While I check this site once every day or two, somehow this post escaped my attention.

I suppose we face quite a quandary. Casual brag about my RP aside, I’m not opposed to going elsewhere for RP, though I already know that no solution is perfect. I daresay the ‘old guard’ of this site vary greatly in our … ‘nuances’, and that we as a whole might not perfectly fit into a new world of active roleplayers.

That said, I’m not opposed to new video game settings, websites or even sticking fast to this site. I’m not even opposed to a break of hiatus, though that could possibly the last nail in the coffin by the same token.

For the sake of trying things out however, if you have a recommended site, I’ll be happy to try it for a story or two before setting judgement into stone. I have no doubts that other storytellers of your liking will continue what we’ve started.

…Though, if it is Witcher stuff, I’m going to be seriously out of my depth.

If you want to hide something evil, hide it in something boring.

6. Profile Photo
    Ava Blackthorne

Hero

Breton Sorcerer

Yeah I wanna stick to Elder Scrolls, the only other I would jump at doing is Star Wars lol.

7. Profile Photo
    Ungoliant the Consumer

Grandmaster

Altmer Sorcerer

Well then, what about first we advertise TF Foundry, and attempt a revival. Failure means we can try other things, success is success… so no problems there.

A well crafted post on the Realm of Tamriel Discord and Steam Group could be done by myself, and if that should generate a little interest we can try to go from there.

Of course, should it work, the suggested reform is still there. Do we continue with the separate but connected roleplays we’ve been doing, or do we create a constant and ‘living’ RP world space within which we roleplay and craft stories?

8. Profile Photo
    Jack Of Shades

Journeyman

Altmer Sorcerer

All I can is, yes. Advertise like crazy. That will definitely bring in possible role players. And get to know them, maybe see their style of role playing and writing. And after that all I can say is best of luck! Hoping y’all see a huge influx of new players!

9. Profile Photo
    Bardicnonsense

Grandmaster

Total Posts: 1056

Dunmer Templar

I’ve got to say I agree with Jack about things being too political. Not to wave the “I’m in grad school” flag, but my academic duties do make it a bit hard to keep up with everything that happens. The whole interconnectedness of weaving every RP together would likewise make things difficult for new people to come in.

Having said all of that, I REALLY like @Ungoliant-the-Consumer‘s suggestions to make things more character driven, and less story focused. I’ve often felt like many of us write inside little bubbles or islands that sort of just bump into and rub off one another. Sometimes those collisions cause more similar trajectories. Sometimes they don’t. And the problem remains.

I’d like to get back into RP here. I’m all for the Ungoliant’s suggested reformatting. I’ll need to brew up some more characters. Moving into the third or fourth era (perhaps the aftermath of the events of Oblivion?) could be a welcome change. A change of period and world background, combined with dealing not with a great tribulation, but what comes after and how that affects individuals could be a good starting point for more characterful RP on the site.

Lastly, I’d like to continue to wave my ragged campaign standard which bears the sigils: For Talos’ sake no more vampire stories.

POSTSCRIPT: I’d very much prefer to stick with Elder Scrolls roleplaying. It’s in the site name, after all. Anything else I’m just not invested in enough, I’m afraid.

10. Profile Photo
    Patelin JR

Master

Total Posts: 830

Bosmer

I’m still checking over TF every now and then, dear chile. Pondered trying an RP on a blank slate, where no characters know each other, possibly set during one of the events of the single player games. Anyone bored of the alliance war in ESO? Not sure why I am, guess its because zos can’t ever really give it a conclusion so it feels ultimately inconsequential and a bit pointless. I guess if we did go 2E again we could agree on an actual winner

But all that aside I really dig each of the suggestions above

11. Profile Photo
    Bardicnonsense

Grandmaster

Dunmer Templar

I would like to second the notion of new characters. Or at least a hard setting restart. Also, tagging the gang to try and generate traffic.

12. Profile Photo
    Ungoliant the Consumer

Grandmaster

Altmer Sorcerer

Okay. So potential changes to include new characters, a new time setting and possibly a new RP format.

The votes on these?

I’m perfectly fine with a new setting and format… it’d be tough to say goodbye to some characters, but possible. If and when we come to a conclusion about the direction TF is heading in, then I’ll advertise us a little on the Realm of Tamriel Discord and Steam Group to try and generate some interest.

13. Profile Photo
    Ava Blackthorne

Hero

Breton Sorcerer

I have a lot of new characters and ideas for them, would love to start a new role play to play around with them. Might use my older characters at times, but maybe focus on the newer ones more, more like mentions, brief run ins, or something like that.

As for time setting I’m ok with Role plays in any time line, doesn’t matter to much to me.

We should try creating a interesting role play story, something to get people interested.

14. Profile Photo
    Bardicnonsense

Grandmaster

Dunmer Templar

I suppose the proper question is: who wants to kick off the new RP? Anyone got ideas?

15. Profile Photo
    Jack Of Shades

Journeyman

Altmer Sorcerer

3E 427. For obvious reasons. And believe me, people will come.

16. Profile Photo
    Ava Blackthorne

Hero

Breton Sorcerer

I know its not a new time line but I love the Alliance war time frame, during the fighting most of all. The Oblivion time line is also one of my favorites, with Skyrim being probably my 2nd most favorite. I just want a good story, something with mystery, action, and chaos lol.

17. Profile Photo
    Bardicnonsense

Grandmaster

Dunmer Templar

I can narrate how another alliance war set rp will go:

>someone does or says anything positive about another province

>Glade and Ungoliant burst from the ceiling, shrieking Dominion propos

>the rest of the rp is them plotting to turn whatever the power item of the plot is into some complex Aldmeri espionage hoedown

18. Profile Photo
    Ava Blackthorne

Hero

Breton Sorcerer

Lol you have any good ideas? :)

19. Profile Photo
    Bardicnonsense

Grandmaster

Dunmer Templar

I say we go somewhere we haven’t been in-depth. Elsweyr. Black March. Yokuda.

20. Profile Photo
    Ava Blackthorne

Hero

Breton Sorcerer

I would love a Role Play in Black Marsh, so much you can do there, Yokuda would be nice to but dunno how we would manage that.

Reply To "Tamriel Foundry Roleplayers General Discussion ::"

You are not currently logged in. You must log in before replying to this topic.