A Thorne In The Lion's Paw – ( OOC )

1. Profile Photo
    Gladerunner

Legend

Total Posts: 5072

Bosmer Dragonknight

Eyy, for shits and giggles @apexpredator1 @Ava-Blackthorne can we call the Supremicist Werewolves … The Apex Predators?

If you want to hide something evil, hide it in something boring.

2. Profile Photo
    Ava Blackthorne

Hero

Total Posts: 3602

Breton Sorcerer

I already gave them a name in one of my IC posts.

Will post soon hopefully, been preparing for the blizzard we are being hit by, 18 to 26 inches is gonna come.

3. Profile Photo
    apexpredator1

Grandmaster

Total Posts: 1355

Imperial Templar

Gladerunner said on March 13, 2017 :

Eyy, for shits and giggles @apexpredator1 @Ava-Blackthorne can we call the Supremicist Werewolves … The Apex Predators?

This guy right here ∆∆∆ is a comedian… Not really. But it’s smirkable (makes one smirk) so you get kudos for that. Anywho can anyone tell me a definite time for the RP currently

I am Rellicas Bridene of Leyawiin… That’s who I am sir… I do not claim to be right all the time nor think I am. Merely, My mistress is lady luck… and everyone so often she whispers in my ear what is the right way. That’s how I know what to do… That’s how I know what’s right

4. Profile Photo
    Gladerunner

Legend

Bosmer Dragonknight

@apexpredator1 The Ring of Hircine wasn’t actually on his finger (though that’d probably the likely spot). It’s fine though, I’ve worked around it while having a ‘One Ring’ moment of sorts.

5. Profile Photo
    apexpredator1

Grandmaster

Imperial Templar

@Gladerunner sorry about that. Now you mention it i do remember something about it being on the shield but it just completely slipped my mind when i was writing. I will try to avoid doing that in future. But like if i do something similar feel free to just tell me to change it

I am Rellicas Bridene of Leyawiin… That’s who I am sir… I do not claim to be right all the time nor think I am. Merely, My mistress is lady luck… and everyone so often she whispers in my ear what is the right way. That’s how I know what to do… That’s how I know what’s right

6. Profile Photo
    Arun-Ja

Novice

Total Posts: 23

Argonian Sorcerer

Assassins of the Black Marsh

Sorry, everyone. My internet on my laptop shut off and I wasn’t able to respond in the forum. I’ll get it checked tomorrow. In the meantime, I’m still finding a perfect introduction space for my character.

7. Profile Photo
    Ungoliant the Consumer

Grandmaster

Total Posts: 1415

Altmer Sorcerer

@Arun-Ja — Try to have less timeskips in your posts. It was chaotic having to have characters follow that process just to keep in the ‘present’. Also… less Mary-Sue / Gary-Stu. Just suddenly being somewhere and never having ‘gotten there’ and doing so whilst remaining completely in secret… and managing to just have Jarrin Root in your possession… :/ It was quite clear that the method of ‘assassination’ wasn’t planned, nor even where you’d find this Nord; but you found him immediately in a public area and just so happened to have one of the most powerful and rare poisons in all Tamriel to ‘kill him secretly’ (which you failed to do by the way).

Lastly, actions have consequences, and you just murdered someone in plain sight (essentially). Don’t expect to be let off lightly.

”What is bravery without a dash of recklessness?”

8. Profile Photo
    Arun-Ja

Novice

Argonian Sorcerer

I understand. I’ll try to do better in the future.

9. Profile Photo
    apexpredator1

Grandmaster

Imperial Templar

Anyone feel like posting yet???

10. Profile Photo
    Ava Blackthorne

Hero

Breton Sorcerer

I will get around to it, just so much been going on lately.

11. Profile Photo
    apexpredator1

Grandmaster

Imperial Templar

Okey doke, no problem

12. Profile Photo
    Ava Blackthorne

Hero

Breton Sorcerer

Hoping to post soon, been playing new dark souls dlc, and crazy stomach issues last 24 hours. But if anyone wants to post feel free. :)

13. Profile Photo
    apexpredator1

Grandmaster

Imperial Templar

Ummmm @Arun-Ja i get that you are new to roleplaying and stuff but you need to think a LOT more before you post. I understand that everyone likes the idea of their character being a badass and the ‘chosen one’ but you’re character is not the ‘chosen one’ i don’t mean to cause offense but the amount of things he can do is absolutely ridiculous. Just stop trying to impress people with ‘cool’ stuff and just let your character be a normal argonian vampire assassin because that alone is fine

14. Profile Photo
    Arun-Ja

Novice

Argonian Sorcerer

It was actually a vision of the future sent by Akatosh. Though my character is not the “chosen one”, so to speak, he has seen the events of what will happen in the Elder Scrolls series. He does, of course, place it into his small pocket of Oblivion until the time is right, but it will not be revealed for a long time.

15. Profile Photo
    apexpredator1

Grandmaster

Imperial Templar

Yes but that in itself is making him chosen in some way. If he is a vampire and worships sithis. Why would akatosh give him visions of the future. Not to mention it’s just not something that roleplaying characters tend to be like. Like sure have that as like your own little AU (alternate universe) when playing the games but visions of the future and having a pocket realm of oblivion aren’t within the realms of an average Joe. Even being able to read and write in daedric would be out of the hands of average Joe’s unless they have studied it for AGES. And writing in the language of dragons would definitely​ be out of his reach unless he has studied with the greybeards which in all likelihood hasn’t happened since they only train a select few Nord’s whom are then to become greybeards themselves

16. Profile Photo
    Ava Blackthorne

Hero

Breton Sorcerer

Also the time jump really messes with the role play, things like that need to be planned. You going to have to edit, as it doesn’t make sense.

17. Profile Photo
    Ungoliant the Consumer

Grandmaster

Total Posts: 1415

Altmer Sorcerer

Haha, oh… I just read the post. Wiping imaginary tears of both bitter joy and depression from my cheeks. I’ll post tomorrow; sorry for such irregularity.

@Arun-Ja That was quite something. Yeah, in conjunction with my compatriots, my companions, my comrades, my colleagues, my pals (I’ll stop… weird mood)… that needs editing. Alternatively… alternatively just wipe it clean and start over. :D Please, let’s try to keep this RP on track. I know it’s slow going, which makes things worse, but people are either busy or not wholeheartedly invested which does slow things down quite dramatically unfortunately… however, it’s not an excuse to try and ‘spice things up’ with… whatever that was.

We’ve already got slightly spicy with werewolf attacks, but that was just an unfortunate result of the awkward mess we had with the time of day which resulted in a few VERY slow hours to kill before the coronation starts and we can actually START this RP.

Anyway, to be franker than I already am, your character needs to be more consistent and CANNOT keep introducing new things about themselves that allow them to skirt around every scenario.

Name: Arun-Ja

Race: Argonian

Place of birth: Murkmire, Black Marsh

Home: Shadowfen, Black Marsh

Religion: Shadowscale

Profession: Silencer and Shadowscale

Class: Sorcerer

Specialization: Magic and assassination

Attributes: Intelligence, Wisdom

Birthsign: The Shadow

Major Skills: Destruction, Sneak, Lore

Minor Skills: Illusion, Speechcraft, Mysticism

——————————————————————————-

This was your application. Ok, no mention of pockets of Oblivion (which would be extremely powerful Conjuration and Alteration abilities combined), no mention of Dragon Tongue or affinity for Daedric. You’re a Vampire Assassin Mage… and only 84 years old. Just those 3 put together is an entire lifetime’s work, so just piling on the Career Skills is making your character less and less believable, less and less interesting, and more and more likely to be vetoed right into Oblivion (excuse the pun).

I am, and I image a few others are, quite close to telling you to restart from fresh with either a new character, or a vastly revised version of that one. Please tone it down a bit, and if necessary (me thinks somewhat) read up on a bit more lore to see what ‘connections’ and abilities your character might realistically have.

Also, try to give some kind of clarification or actual reasoning for your character’s actions, because at the moment he’s been skulking around the middle of the woods like a ninja; then goes and kills someone in a tavern, then suddenly gets a vision from Akatosh about the ENTIRE future of Tamriel up to the Fifth Era. :/ Yes, you somehow managed to tie those first two together with thread-bare… thread, but the last is just random; and the way your character has acted during this process is nothing less than chaotic.

Where my friends have been pulling their punches, I will not. Yes, you are potentially new to roleplaying; if not you’re definitely new to this site… but we aren’t governed by especially unique rules, and it is fairly universally recognised that what’s going on right here… is not ok. Take the advice, change things, keep it changed, practice with us some more, get used to it, and try not to desire ultimate omnipotence quite so much. Your character is nothing more than a person in a story. They’re not the main character, they’re not the plot driver, they’re not even the nasty villain that dies at the end. ALL OF US are simply characters (albeit with our own goals, desires, intents and life-long quests) that have wound up in the plot, and for some reason or another will end up pursuing it for some potentially realistic or potentially weird reason (mostly because sometimes following the main plot slightly conflicts with our characters’ personalities, because usually they couldn’t care less).

Anyway, I rambled a little. Try to take this on board without thinking I’m trying to bully you, think of it more as a tug on the ear. I go now, to sleep. I’ll be back to post tomorrow.

”What is bravery without a dash of recklessness?”

18. Profile Photo
    Arun-Ja

Novice

Argonian Sorcerer

I will try to tone it down. Sorry, but I just really enjoy the Elder Scrolls and wish to include my personal story. But I will keep it simple and plain if you desire. Thank you for the friendly criticism, and I will try to adapt better to the normal standard of roleplay. Arun-Ja is my main character in ESO, so I just did that. Please forgive my mistake, and let us continue in perfection. I’ll rewrite the post in the morning, with a smaller dream of events.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by Profile photo of Arun-Ja Arun-Ja.
  19. Profile Photo
    Gladerunner

Legend

Bosmer Dragonknight

You guys … make me so proud.

20. Profile Photo
    apexpredator1

Grandmaster

Imperial Templar

Arun-Ja said on April 5, 2017 :

I will try to tone it down. Sorry, but I just really enjoy the Elder Scrolls and wish to include my personal story. But I will keep it simple and plain if you desire. Thank you for the friendly criticism, and I will try to adapt better to the normal standard of roleplay. Arun-Ja is my main character in ESO, so I just did that. Please forgive my mistake, and let us continue in perfection. I’ll rewrite the post in the morning, with a smaller dream of events.
    <ul id=”bbp-reply-revision-log-679681″ class=”bbp-reply-revision-log icons-ul double-border top”>
    <li id=”bbp-reply-revision-log-679681-item-679683″ class=”bbp-reply-revision-log-item”><i class=”fa fa-edit”></i>
    This reply was modified 7 hours, 55 minutes ago by Arun-Ja.

Without a dream of future events…

Reply To "A Thorne In The Lion's Paw – ( OOC )"

You are not currently logged in. You must log in before replying to this topic.