Today, ZeniMax Online Studios announced the launch of the second downloadable content pack for The Elder Scrolls Online which adds the region of Wrothgar and the its capitol Orsinium to the game on November 2nd for PC and Mac players, November 17th for Xbox One, and November 18th for PlayStation 4. Like the Imperial City, the Orsinium DLC will available for free to ESO Plus subscribers or can be purchased directly for 3,000 crowns.
A full description of the DLC details can be found on the official ESO website. As with the Imperial City launch, the Orsinium release will also feature a base game patch that applies to all players regardless of whether they purchase the DLC. This patch will implement some game system and feature enhancements including restrictions to the Champion System, new alliance point uses, and gamepad support. The feature list for the DLC includes the following highlights:
Orsinium DLC Features
- Over 20 hours of captivating story content and quests
- A long-awaited exploration of the culture of Tamriel’s Orcs
- A colossal new zone available to characters of all levels
- A new single-player progressive challenge, The Maelstrom Arena
- Available in Normal and Veteran versions
- Grants special rewards only obtainable by completing arenas
- Includes class-specific leaderboards, so you can see how you match up against your fellow combatants
- Quests and objectives that contribute to rebuilding the city of Orsinium, returning it to its former glory
- Two large public dungeons, Old Orsinium and Rkindaleft, featuring all-new challenges for both solo and group play
- Special harvest nodes that scale to the most advanced material type your character can use for crafting
- Six all-new, challenging world bosses
- Powerful new gear, unique crafting styles, and other rewards inspired by the history and denizens of Wrothgar
- Four new Provisioner recipes, only available in Wrothgar
- 18 powerful new item sets including 6 ability-altering weapons, 9 sets obtained by participating in activities in Wrothgar, and 3 new craftable sets
- The Ancient Orc crafting style
- Six new collectible costumes only available in Wrothgar
- Over an hour of brand new in-game musical score
Reforging Orsinium Video
ZOS also released a video which showcases the beautiful landscapes, characters, and combat encounters that players can look forward to enjoying once the DLC launches in November of this year. Check it out, it’s certain to get players excited for exploring a brand new region of Tamriel.
Lastly, ZeniMax is planning a series of “launch events” to celebrate the opening of Wrothgar. Check the official ESO website for an upcoming announcement with the schedule of these events. What do you think about the Orsinium DLC? What features have you most excited? Were you surprised to see ZeniMax announcing another DLC so soon after the release of Imperial City and so close to the launch of Fallout 4? Share your thoughts in the comment section below!