Hey folks, I have released an official ESO 2.1 (Imperial City) update for Foundry Tactical Combat. This update primarily serves to add compatibility with the new API version and re-factor the way that buff tracking is handled by FTC. As many of you know the recent ESO update dramatically changed the nature of buff and effect-related information reported by the API.
Previously FTC was forced to use a very complex logic to approximate the activation and timing of buffs and debuffs. Thankfully ZeniMax has relaxed their stance on the API and has restored this information to the official UI layer. A consequence of this was that a very large amount of FTC code was no longer required, and in cases, undesirable. I needed to spend some time going carefully through the logic for buff tracking and deciding how to adapt to the new system. Sorry that this update is a bit delayed after the launch of 2.1, I appreciate your patience and support!
To install Foundry Tactical Combat follow these steps. FTC is also supported by Minion, an automated ESO addon management utility.
- Download FTC_Current.zip to a location of your choosing.
- Extract the .zip archive into your ESO addons folder found in My Documents/Elder Scrolls Online/live/Addons/ for Windows users, or Documents/Elder Scrolls Online/live/Addons. for OS X.
- You should now have a folder inside Addons named “FoundryTacticalCombat” which contains the addon files.
- Launch The Elder Scrolls Online. FTC should be automatically enabled. If not, go to the Add-Ons section of the game menu and make sure that the box beside Foundry Tactical Combat is checked.
- Access the FTC configuration settings by navigating in-game to Settings -> Add-Ons -> FTC, or by simply typing “/ftc” into chat.
FTC 0.70 Changes
- Update addon for ESO 2.1 API compatibility.
- Deprecate usage of the EVENT_INVENTORY_ITEM_USED, EVENT_ACTION_SLOT_UPDATED, and EVENT_ACTION_SLOTS_FULL_UPDATE events which are no longer required under the new API
- Refactor buffs component to use additional information provided by the ESO API.
- Develop an exception system for preventing the display of certain undesirable buffs.
- Deprecate buff extensions files, which are no longer needed under the new API!
- Add wider support for buffs that may be reported by the API but not previously recognized by FTC.
- Correct a number of buff related bugs from 0.69 (PTS beta FTC).
- The new version of FTC buff tracking doesn’t currently work well with ground target AoEs. It does not report a duration for these effects because they are not reported by the API. I will need to develop a separate system for tracking GTAOE timers in a future version.
FTC 0.71 Changes
- Fix bug which prevented the correct re-application of buff timers if buffs were refreshed before their full duration.
- Improve the wording of incoming healing and damage to better indicate the source of that damage or healing.
Scrolling Combat Text
- Fix bug preventing incoming healing from being displayed in scrolling combat text.
- Restore SCT alert for Sorcerer Crystal Fragments proc.